The new bank robbers gateway car... a bike!

Old August 29th 06, 04:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Default The new bank robbers gateway car... a bike!

warrwych wrote:
What really amazed me was how many times we arranged lunch and he was
either called away or had to cancel because of a hold-up in one of his
banks. Many, many, many more than are ever reported in the media.

SteveA

I imagine hold ups are not good for business

Not for Steve's favourite cafe, anyway. If you never got to go to
lunch, did you get that cheap loan anyway?

Donga

Old August 29th 06, 08:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DJ

"gplama" wrote in message

AN armed bandit has escaped on a bicycle after robbing a Melbourne
bank.

A man entered a Commonwealth Bank branch in Wattletree Road, East
Malvern, shortly after 10am (AEST) today, produced a firearm and
demanded money, police said.

The man escaped with an amount of cash on a turquoise bicycle.

No shots were fired, and no one was injured, police said.

The man was described as Caucasian, aged about 30 with an average
build. He was unshaven and wore a green shirt, sunglasses and a hat.

The armed offenders squad is investigating.

http://tinyurl.com/rq8ht

Damn those fuel prices are hitting hard!

--
gplama

I wonder if it was a Avanti WRX with twin turbo pedals and 27 speed close
gate transmission.

DJ

Old August 29th 06, 10:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
dave

Default Anyone got prosecuted? [Was: The new bank robbers gateway car...a bike!]

Alan Erskine wrote:
"Artoi" wrote in message

In article ,
"Alan Erskine" wrote:

And no helmet? Naughty boy! I just hope he didn't ride on the

footpath;

he'll get into reeeeely big trouble if he did!

Anyone got prosecuted for riding on footpath or not wearing a helmet? Is
it often seen?
--

More's the pitty; but yes, it does happen. I'm still wondering how many
pedestrians have been struck and either killed or injured by cyclists on

Huh?
FOrced to ride on the road? With a rifle pointed at them? Maybe by a
doctor? I guess Ians heart surgeon is forcing him to ride but with a
velo a klick away not necessarily on the road.

Like that poor sod in Brisbane. Poor ******* was forced to overtake a
group of cyclists. How awful. Someone should do something.

WHo are these evil people doing the forcing? Evil sods. Do they have
black helocopters?

Dave
Old August 29th 06, 11:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
dave

Theo Bekkers wrote:
Alan Erskine wrote:

"Peter Signorini" wrote

Bad day to start raising this issue, in light of events at Mentone
over the weekend. :-(

Not a bad day at all; the victim was on the road at the time he was
hit.

Well ****. The stupid ******* was crossing the road with a green light.
Deserved to die, did he?

Yesterday, at my favourite light controlled crosswalk, I was waiting for the
light to go green when a young man on a scooter put up his left hand in a
'stop' position. As he went through the light I realised I had a green and
he was telling me not to step off the kerb as he wasn't going to stop.
Geezus.

Theo

That might be one of the snags with the scooter boom. "Next lesson we
will cover brakes"
Old September 8th 06, 02:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle
beerwolf

Artoi wrote:
Anyone got prosecuted for riding on footpath or not wearing a helmet? Is
it often seen?

Not me. But while walking thru Pyrmont one night, on the footpath, I was
passed quite close (not dangerously, but rudely) by 2 bicycle police.
If they do it themselves, they'd have a hide booking anyone else.

--
beerwolf (remove numbers from email address)

if you wanted maximum braking, where would you sit? wle Techniques 133 November 18th 15 02:10 AM
Bike-friendly cities? cfsmtb Australia 8 July 31st 06 12:23 AM
Choosing a Bike - Newbie Help Von Fourche Techniques 11 July 7th 06 12:21 AM
Groningen in Holland: 60% of people travel by bike cfsmtb Australia 12 June 18th 06 12:51 AM
Control petrol prices [email protected] Australia 9 April 20th 06 09:11 PM