My first criterium and brief RR

Old September 6th 06, 12:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Plodder

Default My first criterium and brief RR

--
Frank

Drop DACKS to reply
"dave" wrote in message
Plodder wrote:
--
Frank

Drop DACKS to reply
"Bleve" wrote in message
ups.com...

Michael Brown wrote:

Bean Long wrote:

Hi all,

Tuggeranong Vikings CC had a novice training session on Saturday held
here at ANU during their criterium races.

I went along too - I was the guy with the flat bars

If you're going to do this regularly, you should seriously think about
using standard roadbike bars. I'm a little suprised that you were
allowed to use flat bars, but as it was an intro event, perhaps that
gets an exemption? This is mainly for safety reasons, as a flat bar
bike is not nearly as bump-resistant as a drop bar bike, and if they
(the bars) get caught up with another bike, you'll bring at least two
bikes down.

Good on you for having a go!

"...a flat bar bike is not nearly as bump-resistant as a drop bar bike"

??

How does that work? If that's the case, why don't my mountain bikes come
with drop bars?

Cheers,

Frank

Just in case you aint joking ( Should have used a smiley )
Bump resistant from other cyclists in a bunch

Dave

Ah! It becomes clear... blonde moment!

me

Old September 7th 06, 09:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Bean Long wrote:
Michael Milton (that incredible 1-legged down-hill
skier) was there trying out too. Boy is he quick up a hill (who would
have guessed he can go quick up AND down).

I was in Canberra a few weeks ago in a taxi and saw a one-legged guy
peddling along very powerfully. I had to look three times to compute
it. What sort of seat has he got? Amazing!

Donga

Old September 8th 06, 12:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

Donga wrote:

Bean Long wrote:
Michael Milton (that incredible 1-legged down-hill
skier) was there trying out too. Boy is he quick up a hill (who would
have guessed he can go quick up AND down).

I was in Canberra a few weeks ago in a taxi and saw a one-legged guy
peddling along very powerfully. I had to look three times to compute
it. What sort of seat has he got? Amazing!

Donga

I've seen a one legged man riding up Miskin St from the
roundabout. I wondered how he gets on his bike, must lean on
something I suppose? But I was very impressed, because I had
only been riding for a month or so at the time, and was way
too scared to try Miskin St!

Tam
Old September 11th 06, 01:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Donga wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
Michael Milton (that incredible 1-legged down-hill
skier) was there trying out too. Boy is he quick up a hill (who would
have guessed he can go quick up AND down).

I was in Canberra a few weeks ago in a taxi and saw a one-legged guy
peddling along very powerfully. I had to look three times to compute
it. What sort of seat has he got? Amazing!

Donga

I've seen a one legged man riding up Miskin St from the
roundabout. I wondered how he gets on his bike, must lean on
something I suppose? But I was very impressed, because I had
only been riding for a month or so at the time, and was way
too scared to try Miskin St!

Tam

Michael Milton's set-up seems to be bog standard with one pedal missing.
The guys is simply amazing. He seems to have a fantastic 'Why not'
attitude that I think we could all learn from.

To get on his bike I think he just hops up to it (literally), swings his
body over the saddle, kicks off with his right leg and clicks in. I
though about asking him how he gets out but then it occurred to me that
we all do it with one leg! Der!!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying