McCain and Palin - Family Values -

Old September 2nd 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Default McCain and Palin - Family Values -

On Sep 1, 4:59*pm, Robert Chung wrote:

Is there a betting line on Palin being forced into an Eagleton?

http://www.intrade.com/#

Current odds about 6-1.
Old September 2nd 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 2, 7:34*am, Robert Chung wrote:
On Sep 1, 7:38*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

finally made it back into Guerneville where we first saw a big sign across
the road "Gay Pride Celebrations". As we got into town and tried to put
everything into the cars and get out of there, gays were having sex in the
bushes next to the cars, in the adjacent park, and all over town in the
open!

Ah. That was Monte Rio, not Guerneville, which is about a mile away.
You found Bohemian Grove.

If that was the case then there are laws governing that behavior that
are indifferent to sexual orientation of those involved. Sounds like a
law enforcement failure, and a personal responsibility failure to me.
Northampton here is damned near the Lesbian capital of America, and
we have a parade every year. Never see any of that stuff going on,
damn it....;-)
Bill C
Old September 2nd 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 1, 11:53*pm, Robert Chung wrote:
On Sep 1, 7:47*pm, Bill C wrote:

On Sep 1, 9:19*pm, Robert Chung wrote:

On Sep 1, 5:47*pm, Bill C wrote:

They'll keep her and are selling this big time. Dobson has already
embraced this as the "perfect" way for a family to handle this
situation. It's actually looking like a big positive among the
hardcore conservative base.

If it's so much of a positive, why didn't their campaign release the
info earlier?

Robert, This is a good general story on what I'm seeing:

Yeah, I'm not doubting that this is what you're seeing. I'm simply
saying that it's post hoc spin. If it weren't, they would have
championed it earlier; or else the daughter would've married her
boyfriend the moment they found out she was pregnant, just like her
mom: Sarah and Todd Palin eloped and then their eldest child was born
seven months later.

This is typical of the wackjob end of the conservatives. I got this
this morning, and Limbaugh, Dobson, and others were working like hell
for her long before the pick. With them it was her, or Huckabee pretty
much.

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/....html?id=34213

I don't think McCain picked her happily, but it's his best option from
a Machieavellian standpoint. Obama's lack of experience allows this to
be a viable pick, along with Carter and Clinton's lack of credentials
going in too.
Long history of minimally qualified Presidential, let alone vice-
presidential candidates.
As for this being cause to jettison her I don't see it. Bill Clinton
had much more baggage from a "moral" standpoint coming in and dem's
didn't give a ****. The conservatives are, usually, screwed by their
hypocrisy though. It's amazing who they are willing to forgive, and
who they aren't.
I have a huge problem with her on sex-ed, as long as there is a
parental opt out for the class, but I have a huge problem with those
who don't want abstinence taught either. All options need to be
available for kids and standard sex ed doesn't need to start out "We
KNOW you're going to have sex" which some do.
Bill C
http://www.theconservativevoice.com/...html?id=34213d
Old September 2nd 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 2, 5:58*am, Donald Munro wrote:
Bill C wrote:
They'll keep her and are selling this big time. Dobson has already
embraced this as the "perfect" way for a family to handle this
situation. It's actually looking like a big positive among the hardcore
conservative base.

Tom Kunich wrote:
Bill, are you aware that a substantial percentage of married couples
started out exactly this way?

But if they had proper sex education and knew about contraception they
might not have.

The idea that blocking education, and condom availability is going to
prevent ALL sex is moronic. It just forces some kids into unprotected
sex. It may prevent some kids, but it sure as hell isn't a real
barrier to a horny teenage male. Sometimes you have to limit the
damage from what you can't prevent. People who are morally and
ethically opposed shouldn't be forced into providing these services
though, any more than anti-war teachers should be forced to aid
recruiting efforts. They should be allowed to step aside and have it
done by someone else.
Bill C
Old September 2nd 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Bill C schreef:
The idea that blocking education, and condom availability is going to
prevent ALL sex is moronic. It just forces some kids into unprotected
sex. It may prevent some kids, but it sure as hell isn't a real
barrier to a horny teenage male.

Or a horny teenage female. Or are you suggesting that all horny teenage
males that end up having sex are either rapists, gay or gerontophiliacs?
Old September 2nd 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 2, 9:46*am, Ted van de Weteringe
wrote:
Bill C schreef:

Or a horny teenage female. Or are you suggesting that all horny teenage
males that end up having sex are either rapists, gay or gerontophiliacs?

Nah, just a force of nature. I think females still retain the ability
to use their brains, for the most part, during those years and aren't
quite as bad. Also the consequences for them are immediate, and severe
where for lots of guys there aren't many.
Bill C
Old September 2nd 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
4. And managed to take the dollar to post WWII lows against a basket
of world currencies.

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
No argument there. But tell me this - how would YOU have prevented that?

$10,000,000,000/month in recurring expenditures, increasing the money
supply, keeping interest rates artificially low...

That's a good part of the cause. It's not as if it happened without help.

What are you talking about Mike?

Old September 2nd 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Tom Kunich wrote:
Bill, are you aware that a substantial percentage of married couples
started out exactly this way?

But if they had proper sex education and knew about contraception they
might not have.

The idea that blocking education, and condom availability is going to
prevent ALL sex is moronic.

The idea that the schools should teach something that is a parent's
responsibility is even more moronic. The very fact that people would suggest
that schools SHOULD teach such things is completely beyond reason and those
that don't understand it are making a complete statement of their mental
abilities right there.

Old September 2nd 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Fred Fredburger" wrote in
message . ..
Tom Kunich wrote:
"Fred Fredburger" wrote in message
. ..
Tom Kunich wrote:
"Fred Fredburger" wrote in
message ...
It's an awfully sad commentary on the American voting public that crap
like this, the swiftboat vets, etc. drives the electoral process.

It's an even sadder commentary that you use the term "Swiftboat Vets"
without even knowing the first thing about it.

It is a series of lies and misrepresentations that many right wing
morons bought in to. The fact that you endorse their position is the
strongest possible indictment of it.

I love to see you claiming that some 200 vets are liars and John Kerry
was the only one telling the truth. And even though he had a couple of
vets on his side they admitted that he offered them government jobs if
they stood with him.

You are surely demonstrating what you're made of.

Yes, I know that you fully agree with all the one-sided, poisonous crap
that applies to Democrats and viciously denounce all of the same that
applies to Republicans.

So you're changing the subject? Come on. Explain to us again how that
****faced John Kerry was telling the truth and 200 others were all lying. It
is really interesting to see just what lengths you'll go to.

Old September 2nd 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message

Well yes, but McCain did go on to say, in the same article, "I think
George Bush served honorably in the Texas Air National Guard during the
Vietnam War."

Tell me Mike, what service were you in?

OBAMA McCain or HILLARY '08? [email protected] Australia 0 March 26th 08 02:41 AM
TdF OPPOSED TO FAMILY VALUES datakoll Racing 1 July 24th 07 12:45 AM
Blood Values [email protected] General 9 June 11th 07 02:49 AM
Blood Values [email protected] Racing 10 June 11th 07 02:49 AM
A question of values. Ken C. M. Recumbent Biking 31 June 2nd 06 03:53 PM