waterproof booties

Old September 6th 06, 02:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
neon

Default waterproof booties

Rain today, wet cold feet. Waterproof booties which brand/model
work best? Do there work at all? Doesn't the rain just run done your
leg and into shoes?

--
neon

Old September 6th 06, 02:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-09-06, neon (aka Bruce)

Rain today, wet cold feet. Waterproof booties which brand/model
work best? Do there work at all? Doesn't the rain just run done your
leg and into shoes?

We mustn't have rain much if it brings out all the posters complaining
of it all at once

Overpants stop some of the runoff, apparently. My uno (not the
super-el-cheapo model, only the el-cheapo) booties start to let water
through after about ... half an hour?

--
TimC
A debugged program is one for which you have not yet found the
Old September 6th 06, 02:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveH

I have a pair off bbb waterflex overshoes. They are "OK" for a half hour
commute home and I get home with dry feet, BUT if out in the rain for long
periods feet are still wet, and not just from leg drips. Can't recomend them
particularly, freezer bags and lacky bands might be better. . .

Dave H

http://www.kudubikes.co.uk/cgi-bin/t...TERFLEXO SHOE

Old September 6th 06, 05:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

neon wrote:
Rain today, wet cold feet. Waterproof booties which brand/model
work best? Do there work at all?

Not very well, no. I use neoprene booties, they don't keep you dry,
but they do keep you warm.

Old September 6th 06, 08:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
neon

TimC Wrote:
We mustn't have rain much if it brings out all the posters complaining
of it all at once

Yeah, don't you just hate them.

Actually I have be using Pearl Izumi nonprene booties with my leg
warners over the top of them, but they are more the aerodynamic type
booties than the wet weather booties, ie the strap at the top.

I was just wondering what other people use. Or is dry feet in wet
weather is just a pipe dream.

--
neon

Old September 6th 06, 12:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter Signorini

"DaveH" wrote:
I have a pair off bbb waterflex overshoes. They are "OK" for a half hour
commute home and I get home with dry feet, BUT if out in the rain for long
periods feet are still wet, and not just from leg drips.

Of course the other wet weather accessory to team with these is a good set
of mudguards (the full lenght ones not whippy little clip ons) Daggy and
retro these days I know, but they do work to keep most road spray off you.
If you add a front mudflap you'll definitely keep feet dry in anything less
than a monsoonal downpour.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old September 6th 06, 01:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:21:04 +1000
Peter Signorini wrote:

Of course the other wet weather accessory to team with these is a good set
of mudguards (the full lenght ones not whippy little clip ons) Daggy and
retro these days I know, but they do work to keep most road spray off you.
If you add a front mudflap you'll definitely keep feet dry in anything less
than a monsoonal downpour.

Unless your feet are sticking out in front of you.

Zebee
- getting used to wet socks.

Old September 6th 06, 01:45 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Humbug

On 06/09/06 at 22:30:39 Zebee Johnstone somehow managed to type:

snip

Unless your feet are sticking out in front of you.

Of if you're riding a Moulton, I get REALLY WET feet on it. I haven't
bothered to work out exactly why but it could be the forward spray from
the top of the front wheel being so low compared to a big wheeled bike.

Having said that, I really enjoy sopping wet commutes...:-)

--

Humbug
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 30th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3172
Old September 7th 06, 01:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BrettS

Peter Signorini wrote:

Of course the other wet weather accessory to team with these is a good set
of mudguards (the full lenght ones not whippy little clip ons) Daggy and
retro these days I know, but they do work to keep most road spray off you.
If you add a front mudflap you'll definitely keep feet dry in anything less
than a monsoonal downpour.

Unless your feet are sticking out in front of you.

That's funny, I would have thought that having your feet higher would
have reduced the amount of water in the shoes. My feet get wet the
mostly at the bottom of the pedal stroke - from spray off the front
wheel when carving a path through puddles and the spray from the rear
wheel around the bottom bracket.

Or can't you fit mudguards to the 'bent?

--
BrettS
Old September 7th 06, 02:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 07 Sep 2006 08:01:13 +0800
BrettS wrote:

That's funny, I would have thought that having your feet higher would
have reduced the amount of water in the shoes. My feet get wet the
mostly at the bottom of the pedal stroke - from spray off the front
wheel when carving a path through puddles and the spray from the rear
wheel around the bottom bracket.

Or can't you fit mudguards to the 'bent?

--

I have full mudguards on my bent. But my feet are out in the weather,
not protected by my body from the falling damp.

They don't get soaked by spray from my wheels or anyone else's, but
if the rain is wet enough to wet my clothes it will wet my feet.

On the other hand, I don't get a cold wet back.

Zebee