Usenet is fatally flawed according to Ed Dolan the Great

Old October 26th 07, 04:39 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

Default Usenet is fatally flawed according to Ed Dolan the Great

On Oct 21, 3:52 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article .com,
JimmyMac writes:

I believe I can state with
absolute assurance that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole
and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known in its' long and
dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every time I post.
Can't any of you poor *******s read?"

You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.

Y'see: Ed is just being /you/. Mockingly "doing" you
(and me and everybody else,) anyway. Talk, talk, talk.
There's a mouldy-oldy Rock 'n Roll song called just that:
"Talk Talk" (Alice Cooper covered it nicely in his
Flush The Fashion album.)

I suggest you chill, take a deep breath, and enjoy
what's left of your life. And enjoy Ed's pronouncements
from a different approach. There's a word -- I'm not sure
if its "humility" or "humbleness", but it has to do with
not trying to stand taller than we really are. And a
bunch of words makes a lousy platform to stand on. That's
what Ed's been trying to get through your thick skull.
Standing on soapboxes and spouting-off drivel is a waste
of time, even if it momentarily makes you feel good, like
some kind of drug. You're tripping over your own ego like
loose shoelaces, because Ed affronts your ego.

Screw ego.

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow."
-- George Clinton

At any rate, I'd really appreciate it if you'd just shuddup
and stop clogging my diskspace.

klahowya,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Old October 26th 07, 05:22 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

JimmyMac writes:

I believe I can state with
absolute assurance that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole
and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known in its' long and
dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every time I post.
Can't any of you poor *******s read?"

You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.

Although I'd gladly sit down and have a drink or two with you, I've
never acquired a taste fro martinis. If the imiplicaiton is that Ed
is driving me to drink or I need to be anesthetized because of him,
that just isn't so.

Y'see: Ed is just being /you/. Mockingly "doing" you
(and me and everybody else,) anyway. Talk, talk, talk.
There's a mouldy-oldy Rock 'n Roll song called just that:
"Talk Talk" (Alice Cooper covered it nicely in his
Flush The Fashion album.)

Oh for sure. There is nothing really more to the guy. I know that.
Cyberspace is the arena where Ed Dolan morphs into what he really
wants to be. Usenet is his showcase and forums are his playpen ...
much to the bane of us all. One has to wonder though what he would do
if he were born in another era without a comupter an the internet.
Sure as ****, he'd be a lonely old recluse.

I suggest you chill, take a deep breath, and enjoy
what's left of your life. And enjoy Ed's pronouncements
from a different approach. There's a word -- I'm not sure
if its "humility" or "humbleness", but it has to do with
not trying to stand taller than we really are. And a
bunch of words makes a lousy platform to stand on. That's
what Ed's been trying to get through your thick skull.
Standing on soapboxes and spouting-off drivel is a waste
of time, even if it momentarily makes you feel good, like
some kind of drug. You're tripping over your own ego like
loose shoelaces, because Ed affronts your ego.

I will never enjoy Ed's pronouncements as they are much to do about
nothing. Even he admits that ... "My messages almost never have
anything to do with any topic that is appropriate to any newsgroup."
Understand that I am not thick headed and I'm not trying to stand
taller than I am, but I'm also not diminutive as Ed would have the
readership believe. Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear. He has
succeeded with some. If he were 100% successful, he would be a victim
of his own success and no longer have a target audience upon whom to
spew his abusive invectives. Regardless, what Ed Dolan says of me or
anyone else does not define who and what we are as a person. I fail
to comprehend why you would consider what I have written to be ego-
driven soapbox drivel and consider what Ed write to be anything else.
Ed disrespects just about everyone so it is difficult to consider what
Ed writes to be an affront to my ego. It is harly as though I have
been singled out for such treatment. Your is an interesting
perspective though a tad one sided. Like I said above, I wouldn't
mind sitting down and discussing this over a couple of drinks. Might
even try one of the infamous martinis of yours. I know that Ed hopes
that what you've written will somehow motivate me to "stalk" you, but
that's just not going to happen. You expressed an opinion with which
I happen to not totally agree with and that is what Ed considers
grounds for being "stalked", but he will be proven wrong. My ego is
not as delicate as Ed would have the readership believe.

Screw ego.

Depends. Is she hot???

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow."
-- George Clinton

At any rate, I'd really appreciate it if you'd just shuddup
and stop clogging my diskspace.

Now that wasn't very nice. Why have you not extended your invitation
to Dolan? Unless you are Mr. Google himself, not a single byte of
what I have written ever finds its way onto your hard disk. Besides,
Ed's openly boasted that he is the most prolific poster on ARBR, so if
you're up for the hunt, why not go for big game? If all this banter
really bothers you, stop reading it or just have two of those martinis
of yours and chill out.

Jim McNamara

klahowya,
Tom

Old October 31st 07, 03:22 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

ups.com...

JimmyMac writes:

I believe I can state with
absolute assurance that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole
and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known in its' long and
dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every time I post.
Can't any of you poor *******s read?"

You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.

Although I'd gladly sit down and have a drink or two with you, I've
never acquired a taste fro martinis. If the imiplicaiton is that Ed
is driving me to drink or I need to be anesthetized because of him,
that just isn't so.

Jim is strictly a beer drinker like all low class folks from Chicagoland.

Before you open your yap, and embarrass yourself, you should get your
facts straight. I happen to also enjoy win, but not the cheap ****
you drink, whiskey, rum, gin, etc.

Y'see: Ed is just being /you/. Mockingly "doing" you
(and me and everybody else,) anyway. Talk, talk, talk.
There's a mouldy-oldy Rock 'n Roll song called just that:
"Talk Talk" (Alice Cooper covered it nicely in his
Flush The Fashion album.)

Oh for sure. There is nothing really more to the guy. I know that.
Cyberspace is the arena where Ed Dolan morphs into what he really
wants to be. Usenet is his showcase and forums are his playpen ...
much to the bane of us all. One has to wonder though what he would do
if he were born in another era without a computer an the internet.
Sure as ****, he'd be a lonely old recluse.

Alone, but never lonely!

Yeah ... you have your Willy or your Peter (whatever you call it) to
keep you company. You are alone because no one can tolerate you.

[...]

Poor-Jim (all one name) is a stalker and nothing more. Hells Bells, that is
all he has ever done on Usenet. Just ask Ed Gin and Tom Sherman. I never
take such types seriously.
[...]

Since you responded to my reply to Tom Keats, I ask you ... who then
is the stalker here?

At any rate, I'd really appreciate it if you'd just shuddup
and stop clogging my diskspace.

Now that wasn't very nice. Why have you not extended your invitation
to Dolan? Unless you are Mr. Google himself, not a single byte of
what I have written ever finds its way onto your hard disk. Besides,
Ed's openly boasted that he is the most prolific poster on ARBR, so if
you're up for the hunt, why not go for big game? If all this banter
really bothers you, stop reading it or just have two of those martinis
of yours and chill out.

See how delicate Jim's ego is? The thing to do is to flatter him about how
well he can write the Queen's English. Yea, just do that and all will be
right with the world. But the problem is that he can't think. You need a
brain for that.

There was not ego involvement in those statements. You must have a
very large brain, to hold so much ignorance.

But enough of these trifles. The lesson here for everyone is to become GREAT
like ME! Failing that, the least you can do is worship my every word. After
all, you don't want me to think I am casting pearls before swine - do you?

Delusion must be so comforting.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 1st 07, 01:12 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom Sherman[_2_]

JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
Before you open your yap, and embarrass yourself, you should get your
facts straight. I happen to also enjoy wine, but not the cheap ****
you drink, whiskey, rum, gin, etc.

Only the Irish variety, and not Scottish, of distilled grain alcohol?

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?
Old November 1st 07, 09:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
Alone, but never lonely!

Yeah ... you have your Willy or your Peter (whatever you call it) to
keep you company. You are alone because no one can tolerate you.

Here is Jimbo showing his true colors. He is really not any different than
Ed Gin, the criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR. His genteel manner is
only a mask for his essential vulgarity.
[...]

Old November 1st 07, 01:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

ups.com...

JimmyMac writes:

I believe I can state with
absolute assurance that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole
and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known in its' long and
dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every time I post.
Can't any of you poor *******s read?"

You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.

Although I'd gladly sit down and have a drink or two with you, I've
never acquired a taste fro martinis. If the imiplicaiton is that Ed
is driving me to drink or I need to be anesthetized because of him,
that just isn't so.

Jim is strictly a beer drinker like all low class folks from Chicagoland.

If one is going to be class consciousness, one should first get
some... class that is. What we have here is a typical reply
stereotyping an entire group of people with a conclusion that does not
follow from the premise. Class and the type of alcohol consumed or
not consumed have no significant relationship or correlation, but that
didn't hinder Dolan from running his mouth about that which he knows
preciously little. And, I am not strictly a beer drinker and
asserting that I am does not alter reality.

Jim McNamara

Old November 1st 07, 01:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 1, 4:45 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
Alone, but never lonely!

Yeah ... you have your Willy or your Peter (whatever you call it) to
keep you company. You are alone because no one can tolerate you.

Here is Jimbo showing his true colors. He is really not any different than
Ed Gin, the criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR. His genteel manner is
only a mask for his essential vulgarity.
[...]

Opinion stated as facl. Ed Dloan just can't take a joke. I guess
when you are Dolan's age, your short term memory fails you or the
misogynist would surely recall the vulgarity that he has spewed at
various female members that have since departed ARBR, not that the
male gender has been spared his vulgarity, mind you.

Old November 3rd 07, 10:42 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom Keats

In article . com,
JimmyMac writes:

Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

No.

It's to make us think about what we're doing and saying.
Which is, in a word: nothing of substance. Just a bunch
of the same old predictable, circular razmatazz.

Think about it.

A keyboard is a pretty crummy interface to the real world.

A bicycle is a pretty good interface to the real world.

(A pair of feet is even better in some respects.)

Anyways, you obviously haven't disappeared yet, despite
your perceived notions of Ed trying to annihilate you
and "make you disappear."

Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
involved with real bikes. And ride them. Get away
from the 'puter -- in fact, maybe just turn it off.

And relax a little. Breathe air instead of bytes.
Eat food instead of Usenet posts. Go somewhere real
instead of cybereal. Get your hands dirty. Eat a peach.
Know what you are, who you are, where you are going, and
don't let the Ed Dolans of the world get you down. Use
'em to raise you up.

cheers,
Tom

--
"Silently falling ..."
-- Chris Squire/Fish Out of Water
Old November 3rd 07, 11:34 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote:
In article . com,
JimmyMac writes:

Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
involved with real bikes....

Nice troll.

I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?
Old November 3rd 07, 12:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
gotbent[_3_]

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Tom Keats wrote:
In article . com,
JimmyMac writes:

Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
involved with real bikes....

Nice troll.

I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
of the stuff.