Al Bore cancels Nopenhagen lovefest for his global warmies

Old December 4th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Al Bore cancels Nopenhagen lovefest for his global warmies

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ce-copenhagen/

Apparently Al Bore feels "great irritation" at the Climategate
revelations. Yup. He should have made an effort to understand the
science before he let them use him as a front man -- not that he
wasn't a tremendously *big* front man.

Andre Jute
I know how the poor bugger feels. It's hanging chad time all over
again.
Old December 4th 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Andre Jute wrote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ce-copenhagen/

Apparently Al Bore feels "great irritation" at the Climategate
revelations. Yup. He should have made an effort to understand the
science before he let them use him as a front man -- not that he
wasn't a tremendously *big* front man.

Andre Jute
I know how the poor bugger feels. It's hanging chad time all over
again.

Funny how he gave an interview this week and not one question was on
Climategate.

Bill "anyone calculate the 'carbon footprint' of this little get-together?"
S.

Old December 8th 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Dec 7, 10:25*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ncels-personal....

Apparently Al Bore feels "great irritation" at the Climategate
revelations. Yup. He should have made an effort to understand the
science before he let them use him as a front man -- not that he
wasn't a tremendously *big* front man.

Andre Jute
I know how the poor bugger feels. It's hanging chad time all over
again.

Funny how he gave an interview this week and not one question was on
Climategate.

Bill "anyone calculate the 'carbon footprint' of this little
get-together?" S.

Ask and ye shall be galled:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/cop...nge-confe/6736...

These people are being idiots and the message is going to be lost.
Many neocons are going to be able to shout and stamp their little feet
at the outrageous, but secondary, items like how many limos and jets
going there. They need a new image to promote the message. The earth
IS getting warmer, nobody really knows why tho. Could be man, could be
a natural swing BUT if it IS man, and the repub boobs yell, get
peoples attention over nonsense, then our kids and our kids kids are
screwed. But we are screwed by the likes of the palins, rush's, becks,
hannitys of the world anyway. GOD GUNS GAYS...what else is there?
Old December 8th 09, 02:32 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Ben C

Bill Sornson wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

We're also screwed if it isn't man and we waste our time pointlessly
cutting CO2 instead of building the dykes a bit higher.

The Aztecs assumed the climate change that wiped them out was their
fault and the obvious solution was to sacrifice more humans. It's
possible their energies might have been better directed elsewhere.
Old December 8th 09, 03:26 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article
,
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

On Dec 7, 10:25*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-cancels-perso
nal...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/cop...ange-confe/673
6...

These people are being idiots and the message is going to be lost.
Many neocons are going to be able to shout and stamp their little
feet at the outrageous, but secondary, items like how many limos and
jets going there. They need a new image to promote the message. The
earth IS getting warmer, nobody really knows why tho. Could be man,
could be a natural swing BUT if it IS man, and the repub boobs yell,
get peoples attention over nonsense, then our kids and our kids kids
are screwed. But we are screwed by the likes of the palins, rush's,
becks, hannitys of the world anyway. GOD GUNS GAYS...what else is
there?

Back in 1980 the necons discovered that the key to controlling the
public discourse is to be loud and persistent. Being right has nothing
to do with it. The neocon commitment is to self-serving agenda, not to
truth. God, guns and gays are just the wedge issues to keep the sheeple
in line supporting an agenda that slowly destroys their lives.

In Andre and Bill we have great examples of this stupidity in action;
and, like their counterparts everywhere, they get enough attention from
it to keep doing it over and over, every day. They're trolls and they
get well-fed.
Old December 8th 09, 03:27 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article ,

On 2009-12-08, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Dec 7, 10:25*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...e-cancels-pers
onal...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/cop...hange-confe/67
36...

These people are being idiots and the message is going to be lost.
Many neocons are going to be able to shout and stamp their little
feet at the outrageous, but secondary, items like how many limos
and jets going there. They need a new image to promote the message.
The earth IS getting warmer, nobody really knows why tho. Could be
man, could be a natural swing BUT if it IS man, and the repub boobs
yell, get peoples attention over nonsense, then our kids and our
kids kids are screwed.

We're also screwed if it isn't man and we waste our time pointlessly
cutting CO2 instead of building the dykes a bit higher.

The Aztecs assumed the climate change that wiped them out was their
fault and the obvious solution was to sacrifice more humans. It's
possible their energies might have been better directed elsewhere.

Ah, the siren call of do-nothingism.
Old December 8th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Bill Sornson wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

They lied about the science, they invented data and contorted data for
political purposes, they ruined the careers of honest scientists who
dared dissent from their lies, above all they lied and lied and lied
about global warming. But you say all that is required is a new
presentation!

Actually, Peter, without the hockey stick (what is what these
Climategate people lied into existence) there is no global warming and
thus no need to search for a cause nor a remedy. The world's leaders
are poncing about in Nopenhagen for no good reason whatsoever.

The earth
IS getting warmer, nobody really knows why tho.

Of course the world is getting warmer. And of course everyone with
brains knows why. We're coming out of an ice age, In a few hundred
years we might again reach the temperatures a 1000 years ago, when the
earth was warmer than it is now for several centuries on end. We're
just in the middle of a natural uptrend, with variations around the
mean. The Climategate liars (who I remind you are absolutely central
to the global warming scam) merely with statistical tricks made one
natural variation in the 1990s seem extraordinary. It wasn't, it was
just a lie.

Could be man,

No, it can't be, at least not by the mechanism of CO2. Regardless of
the shouting and the intimidation from the global warming lobby, CO2
increases *follow* temperature increase, and can therefore not be the
cause of temperature increase.

could be
a natural swing BUT if it IS man,

It isn't. The only manmade global warming is an artifact of statiscal
crookery by Jones, Mann, Briffa and others, named in the Wegman Report
to the Senate years ago already. You may remember I've been saying so
all along. Now that lying scum have confessed to their crimes in the
Climategate Papers.

and the repub boobs yell,

But they turned out to be right all along, and you've been a fool for
two decades, hanging entranced on the lips of gross liars, bowing low
before their "science". But still you call the guys who visibly have
more brains and understanding of science than you "boobs"? God love
Peter, because no one else can love such an obstinate fool.

get
peoples attention over nonsense, then our kids and our kids kids are
screwed.

Yawn. I'm so bored with bikies who fancy themselves Old Testament
prophets. There is no proof of any of that gloomy crap. It has been up
to 6 degrees Celsius warmer for centuries and millennia during the
last 15,000 years, without any evidence of either man's influence or
CO2 influence. That should be enough evidence even for the
impresionable conformists one finds in cycling.

But we are screwed by the likes of the palins, rush's, becks,
hannitys of the world anyway. GOD GUNS GAYS...what else is there?

You mean God shoots gays? I wonder if the NRA recruiters know this
yet. Holy ****! What a coup. "I signed up God the Father for a
lifetime membership. You can go now, Charlton, thanks for your help
but we got Da Boss to do your bit now."

Andre Jute
Don't use electricity to cook. Start a bushfire, eat crispy creatures
cooked the natural way.

Old December 8th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Ben C

Bill Sornson wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Not the intended moral of the story. It _is_ sensible to keep an eye on
sea-levels and make sure you're prepared for them going up.

But it's foolish to think you can prevent them going up, and extremely
foolish to think you can prevent them going up by cutting CO2.
Old December 8th 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

flipper wrote:
On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 09:27:15 -0600, Tim McNamara

Bill Sornson wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Nice rant. Now try actually /saying something/.

We're also screwed if it isn't man and we waste our time pointlessly
cutting CO2 instead of building the dykes a bit higher.

The Aztecs assumed the climate change that wiped them out was their
fault and the obvious solution was to sacrifice more humans. It's
possible their energies might have been better directed elsewhere.

Ah, the siren call of do-nothingism.

Ah, the siren call of despots: "be scared of the straw man and give me
the power to rule your lives."

Bingo.

Old December 8th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.bicycles.tech
Ben C

On 2009-12-08, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]
It isn't. The only manmade global warming is an artifact of statiscal
crookery by Jones, Mann, Briffa and others, named in the Wegman Report
to the Senate years ago already.

That isn't strictly speaking the only manmade warming, or even the only
Mann-made warming.

There are also the various ways the hockey stick was subsequently
reinstated: cherry-picking trees in Sibera and grafting the temperature
record onto the reconstruction before smoothing to make the
reconstruction point up at the end ("hide the decline") are two that
have been analyzed recently.

Then there's the less subtle approach we see in their recently released
code of just adding an arbitrary fudge factor:

valadj=[0.,0.,0.,0.,0.,-0.1,-0.25,-0.3,0.,-0.1,0.3,0.8,1.2,1.7,2.5,2.6,2.6,
2.6,2.6,2.6]*0.75 ; fudge factor

Now we don't know for sure what this means yet, but it is interpolated
over a time series from 1400 to the present and looks suspiciously like
it's meant to squash the MWP and make the 20th C temps kick upwards
alarmingly.

I guess they thought why are we bothering with all this clever
statistical crookery when it's so much easier to just make up some
numbers, add them on, delete the raw data and not release the code.