Unicycling Dream (Freewheeling)

Old April 12th 04, 06:30 PM
Mandell

Default Unicycling Dream (Freewheeling)

I had a strange dream last night.

I dreamt that I was riding along and all of a sudden something broke in
my unicycle and it suddenly started to freewheel (I could still ride
forward, but could not apply backward torque). Fortunately, I realized
at that point that I could use the breaks on the handlebars (sticking up
from in front of my seat). I merrily continued riding and did not think
that anything was strange.

--
Mandell - Keen Beginner
Mandell's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3769

Old April 12th 04, 09:11 PM
fluffinator007

This happened to me, though I could not pedal forward.

--
fluffinator007 - Expert UPD'ist

My image was voted out.
fluffinator007's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4757

Old April 12th 04, 09:35 PM
hell-on-wheel

Same happened to me, except on a giraffe, and I was being chased by
dogs.

--
hell-on-wheel - My karma ran over your dogma

On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425

Old April 13th 04, 01:36 AM
rabbidous

Just last night I had little more depressing uni dream (nightmare). I
tried to mount my old cottered schwinn and one of the pedals just spun
around... to my dismay one of the cotters was shot.

--
rabbidous

The Great Rabbidous has spoken. Muah ha ha haaaaaaaaaa.
rabbidous's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5583

Old April 22nd 04, 08:34 PM
Matt.P.Herbert

I had a great freewheeling dream last night, or more of a coasting
dream, I was out muniing and decided to coast along a local trail but
did it lying on my back on the seat, quite an achievement considering in
the real life consious world I am no where near ready to even try
coasting. Anyway I sailed on for what must have been about half a mile
like this which was pretty good considering some of the trail was flat,
before sitting up and coming to a skidding halt, the type of halt you
might do on a mountain bike. Then the dream turned into a nightmare as
during my horizontal coasting session I had somehow managed to rip the
tyre to shreads and wreck the rim. I remember feeling quite annoyed
about this as it left me without a unicycle, I woke up then, it was
about 5.30 and the birds were starting to sing.
Freewheeling a unicycle does seem to be a bit of a recuring dream though
which other unicyclists seem to have judging by this thread.

Matt

--
Matt.P.Herbert - Muni Hungry Newbie

Two wheels good, Four wheels bad,
One wheel wonderful.
Matt.P.Herbert's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5486

Old April 22nd 04, 08:46 PM
unidude

I dreamed that i was coasting 50 mph with traffic on a busy highway and
everybody was honking like crazy at me but i couldnt stop.

--
unidude
unidude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5791

Old April 22nd 04, 09:48 PM
Chuck Webb

No, when i have unicycling dreams, they're totally different. I guess
just the fact that you have unicyling dreams is probably grounds to get
you locked up somewhere...but anyway...

In my dreams, it always seems to be spins...the freestyle kind, you
know, just start riding in circles, the circles get smaller and smaller,
and it ends in a glorious figure skater type of spin, arms perfectly
straight out to the sides...only i'm on my Coker!

--
Chuck Webb

I live in my own little world but its ok...they know me here!

Chuck Webb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1450

Old February 14th 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

i have been trying to learn to glide for ages and iv had a simalar dream
a few times now of me gliding efortlessly down a gentle slope, i was
hoping tht as soon as i got back on my uni (in real life) i would be
able to do it but i still cant, im hopeing that i have the dream again
so i can see and feel how it is ment to be done

--
sp4rky-m4rky
sp4rky-m4rky's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14270

Old February 14th 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

Last night I had a dream that I was coasting. Then I started to slow
down so I went into gliding. I found that coasting and gliding was so
easy and it required little effort. I woke up and went, oh ****, it was
only a dream.

--
tomtrevor

01010100 01101111 01101101 00100000 01010100 01110010 01100101
01110110 01101111 01110010
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
WHEEL WALK ON WATER

BLUEGREENORANGEBLACKPURPLEREDWHITEYELLOW
Thanks to my sponsers: my mum
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)'o'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliced_bread)'m'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'R'
(http://www.tlb.org/Park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)'n'
(http://www.adcott.net/binary/)'d'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'L'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)'i'
(http://www.virtualgravy.com/)'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)'k'
(http://www.cheaphumor.com/)'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Old February 14th 07, 12:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Well i once dreamed that i was doing a handstand on my giraffe. Except
my hands were on the seat not the pedals and the giraffe was standing
up straight and wasn't leaning on anything, Also i was outside. Does
this mean it will someday?? I hope so

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828