BR7 - AlpeDueEast ride

Old August 2nd 04, 07:46 AM
flyingdutch

Default BR7 - AlpeDueEast ride

Unregistered Wrote:
Thought I might try to find this mythical bunch on the road so headed
out from Northcote to Warrandyte via Ivanhoe / Templestowe / Porter St;
got to W/dyte a bit late (8:10?) so just kept going up to Kanga Grd,
down to Wattle Glen up to Yan Yean Rd and out to Doreen then home via
Wollert and Epping. Didn't spot anyone but had a great ride anyway
(thanks for suggesting the route!) and weather was fantastic (except
for the frozen toes which finally thawed about 2.5 hrs into the ride).

one day, one day...

who's to say YOU really exist?
after all, who calls emself 'unregistered'

i vaguely remember you (i think) rolling past us at the top of the hill
at KGrd but cant remember the bike...

--
flyingdutch

Old August 2nd 04, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

flyingdutch Wrote:
one day, one day...

who's to say YOU really exist?

Now that's getting deep for a Monday arvo! I guess the answer depends
on which brand of philosopher you ask

Q: who calls emself 'unregistered'

A: A sm@rt@rse frustrated with a website that won't let
him post 'cos he isn't 'registered' ? ....

i vaguely remember you (i think) rolling past us at the top of the hill
at KGrd but cant remember the bike...

That's no surprise. Put it this way - if Coles sold bikes, mine
probably would have come in a Black and Gold box
(Plain green frame, Campag gruppo, red Conti GPs)

--
Unregistered

Old August 2nd 04, 10:16 AM
tonykara

cold is not the word, i didnt feel my toes until the last drop of
espresso was hitting the back of my troat.... ......i agree the
extra loop was good, as for alpe d'austin it looks steep from the
bottom, you get half way up and think its not bad, then you get to the
start of the hospital and the road shoots to the sky.....damn steep
.....but we got there, it should be part of the loop each week or
even every second week.

as far as next week, i think we should have an alpe d'east on location
episode and see what the flat heads have to say...it will rate through
the roof....

--
tonykara