Communist criticises the L'Equipe articles

Old August 24th 05, 03:43 PM

Default Communist criticises the L'Equipe articles

Marie-George Buffet, secretary of the French Communist Party and
French minister of sport from 1997 to 2002 reacted as follows to
the L'Equipe article:

"I must confess that I am slightly bothered
by L'Equipe's use of 'a posteriori' doping controls which weren't,
since they were in fact part of research to improve the EPO test.
Either you have doping control and names are given or it is research
and it is important not to go after one individual.
From what I saw, other samples are involved but only one name is

cited."

-ilan

Old August 24th 05, 04:15 PM
Donald Munro

ilanpi wrote:
Marie-George Buffet, secretary of the French Communist Party and
French minister of sport from 1997 to 2002 reacted as follows to
the L'Equipe article:

"I must confess that I am slightly bothered
by L'Equipe's use of 'a posteriori' doping controls which weren't,
since they were in fact part of research to improve the EPO test.
Either you have doping control and names are given or it is research
and it is important not to go after one individual.
From what I saw, other samples are involved but only one name is

cited."

The communist party supporting Armstrong ? It must be a gay conspiracy.

Old August 24th 05, 04:34 PM

Just wait to G.W. steps in. I guarantee that if this goes too far our
esteemed overlord will put an end to it. When its all settled
Armstrong will probably end up with the Freedom Medal to add to his
yellow jersey collection.

Old August 24th 05, 05:34 PM
matabala

wrote in message
oups.com...
Marie-George Buffet, secretary of the French Communist Party and
French minister of sport from 1997 to 2002 reacted as follows to
the L'Equipe article:

"I must confess that I am slightly bothered
by L'Equipe's use of 'a posteriori' doping controls which weren't,
since they were in fact part of research to improve the EPO test.
Either you have doping control and names are given or it is research
and it is important not to go after one individual.
From what I saw, other samples are involved but only one name is

cited."

-ilan

Chapeau to M. Buffet, she's nobody's yes-(wo)man, a rare thing in the
oxygenated circles of French pooh-bahs. IIRC, she was very active on the
anti-doping front while on government duty.

Old August 24th 05, 05:43 PM
Tom Kunich

I dropped a line off to a good friend of mine who is a leading light in
spectroscopy. He might have an opinion worth noting if he deems to give
one.

Old August 24th 05, 06:03 PM
trg

"matabala" a écrit dans le message de news:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Marie-George Buffet, secretary of the French Communist Party and
French minister of sport from 1997 to 2002 reacted as follows to
the L'Equipe article:

"I must confess that I am slightly bothered
by L'Equipe's use of 'a posteriori' doping controls which weren't,
since they were in fact part of research to improve the EPO test.
Either you have doping control and names are given or it is research
and it is important not to go after one individual.
From what I saw, other samples are involved but only one name is

cited."

-ilan

Chapeau to M. Buffet, she's nobody's yes-(wo)man, a rare thing in the
oxygenated circles of French pooh-bahs. IIRC, she was very active on the
anti-doping front while on government duty.

She's just covering her cul. She was minister of Sports in France in'99.

Old August 24th 05, 06:21 PM
benjo maso

"matabala" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Marie-George Buffet, secretary of the French Communist Party and
French minister of sport from 1997 to 2002 reacted as follows to
the L'Equipe article:

"I must confess that I am slightly bothered
by L'Equipe's use of 'a posteriori' doping controls which weren't,
since they were in fact part of research to improve the EPO test.
Either you have doping control and names are given or it is research
and it is important not to go after one individual.
From what I saw, other samples are involved but only one name is

cited."

-ilan

Chapeau to M. Buffet, she's nobody's yes-(wo)man, a rare thing in the
oxygenated circles of French pooh-bahs. IIRC, she was very active on the
anti-doping front while on government duty.

Marie-George Buffet said after the Festina-scandal in 1998 that if a Tour
without doping were impossible, then the Tour would just have to disappear.
A year later she was very happy with Armstrong's victory and called it "a
sign of hope".

Benjo

Old August 24th 05, 06:43 PM
gym.gravity

Donald Munro wrote:
ilanpi wrote:
Marie-George Buffet, secretary of the French Communist Party and
French minister of sport from 1997 to 2002 reacted as follows to
the L'Equipe article:

"I must confess that I am slightly bothered
by L'Equipe's use of 'a posteriori' doping controls which weren't,
since they were in fact part of research to improve the EPO test.
Either you have doping control and names are given or it is research
and it is important not to go after one individual.
From what I saw, other samples are involved but only one name is

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258100/

Old August 24th 05, 08:13 PM

trg a écrit :

"matabala" a écrit dans le message de news:

Chapeau to M. Buffet, she's nobody's yes-(wo)man, a rare thing in the
oxygenated circles of French pooh-bahs. IIRC, she was very active on the
anti-doping front while on government duty.

She's just covering her cul. She was minister of Sports in France in'99.

I doubt it. The difference between her and other minister of sports
is that she wasn't part of the system (many of the others, including
the present one were former Olympic medallists), and is actually
intelligent.
Compare with the present minister of sport Jean-Francois Lamour whose
quote in today's L'Equipe began with: "If this turns out to be proved
true, then it is very serious..." and ended with: "There is no way
any of this could ever be used in any kind of sanction against
Armstrong
because there are no A samples." It seems to me that a minister of
sport
should understand that for him "proof" is "legal proof". Which once
again goes to show that most people have no understanding of the
justice system.

In the meantime, I finally put yesterday's L'Equipe to good use: I had
to change the bearings on my skate wheels and used it to cover up my
table and collect all the accumulate grime.

-ilan