Ride report: 100 mile ride in Somerset 27 May 2007

Old May 27th 07, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lowther

Default Ride report: 100 mile ride in Somerset 27 May 2007

I made these notes for my own benefit and to share with
a few friends who might be vaguely interested.

http://www.dlowther.demon.co.uk/100mile/summary.pdf

Nothing stunning but not too bad for a 50+ year old smoker.

Dave.

Old May 27th 07, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

On 27/05/2007 17:41, David Lowther said,
I made these notes for my own benefit and to share with
a few friends who might be vaguely interested.

You rode 100 miles around Somerset today? In this weather? You're
either brave or foolish :-)

(Certainly braver than me!!!)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old May 27th 07, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Paul Boyd" wrote in message
On 27/05/2007 17:41, David Lowther said,
I made these notes for my own benefit and to share with
a few friends who might be vaguely interested.

You rode 100 miles around Somerset today? In this weather? You're either
brave or foolish :-)

The pictures show a beautiful sunny day.
Analysing the photos shows they were taken *yesterday* with a Canon
Powershot S2 IS.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old May 27th 07, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Paul Boyd wrote on 27/05/2007 19:00 +0100:
On 27/05/2007 17:41, David Lowther said,
I made these notes for my own benefit and to share with
a few friends who might be vaguely interested.

You rode 100 miles around Somerset today? In this weather? You're
either brave or foolish :-)

(Certainly braver than me!!!)

No yesterday. David put the date at the top.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell
Old May 27th 07, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

On 27/05/2007 19:34, Simon Mason said,

The pictures show a beautiful sunny day.
Analysing the photos shows they were taken *yesterday* with a Canon
Powershot S2 IS.

Ah - mustn't take too much notice of the subject line then :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old May 28th 07, 04:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lowther

"mb" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 May 2007 17:41:24 +0100, David Lowther wrote:

I made these notes for my own benefit and to share with
a few friends who might be vaguely interested.

http://www.dlowther.demon.co.uk/100mile/summary.pdf

Nothing stunning but not too bad for a 50+ year old smoker.

Interesting. How are you getting the data in
http://www.dlowther.demon.co.uk/100mile/hrtrate.pdf ?

Using a Polar s720i HRM and the PC software supplied with it.

Looks like just the job for a gadget freak like me.

I think the Garmin Edge may also be worth looking at.

ps. Last time I did 100 miles, it took me 5h:35min.

That's amazing. Were you on a bike ? :-)

Dave.

Old May 28th 07, 04:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lowther

"Paul Boyd" wrote in message
On 27/05/2007 17:41, David Lowther said,
I made these notes for my own benefit and to share with
a few friends who might be vaguely interested.

You rode 100 miles around Somerset today? In this weather? You're either
brave or foolish :-)

Oops typo I should have put 26th May, I think the ride affected my brain :-)

Dave.

Old May 28th 07, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

David Lowther wrote:

I made these notes for my own benefit and to share with
a few friends who might be vaguely interested.

http://www.dlowther.demon.co.uk/100mile/summary.pdf

Nothing stunning but not too bad for a 50+ year old smoker.

Your comment about nearly having an accident with a fox reminds me of an
incident today as I returned to civilisation from the Forest of Bowland.
A squirrel darted into the road several yards ahead of me, saw me and
turned back. It had plenty of space at that time to cross the road (the
A6 in Fulwood) in front of me.

It darted out again. I swerved inside it and noticed a black estate
heading in the opposite direction. The squirrel did not.

Grey Squirrel. RIP.

--
Lincoln City 0-2 Southend United (AET)
Swansea City 2-2 Southend United
Old May 28th 07, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

On 28/05/2007 21:26, Ekul Namsob said,

It darted out again. I swerved inside it and noticed a black estate
heading in the opposite direction. The squirrel did not.

Grey Squirrel. RIP.

If only the squirrel had been wearing a h*lm*t :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/