Laugh or Cry 2020 is coming

Old December 28th 19, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Laugh or Cry 2020 is coming

As the great philosopher Yogi Berra noted, It's tough to
make predictions, especially about the future."

https://bikerumor.com/2019/12/23/202...ll-change-too/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 28th 19, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Friday, December 27, 2019 at 3:05:48 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
As the great philosopher Yogi Berra noted, It's tough to
make predictions, especially about the future."

https://bikerumor.com/2019/12/23/202...ll-change-too/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Well, luckily the weather here is intermittent enough that you can get in riding between rainstorms usually. If there is one thing I simply cannot stand it is a stationary trainer.
Old December 28th 19, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 17:05:44 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

As the great philosopher Yogi Berra noted, It's tough to
make predictions, especially about the future."

https://bikerumor.com/2019/12/23/202...ll-change-too/

I find the prediction regarding e-bikes interesting.

Whizzer Company built gasoline motor add-ons for bicycles and later
complete motorized bicycles as far back as 1939, which never became
wildly popular. While today it seems that e-bikes are now on the way
to becoming almost a standard. I read, for example, that home delivery
- Pizza for example - in Singapore is almost all by e-bike.

Why not Whizzer and why e-bike?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old December 28th 19, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 07:43:57 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 17:05:44 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

As the great philosopher Yogi Berra noted, It's tough to make
predictions, especially about the future."

https://bikerumor.com/2019/12/23/202...ing-else-will-

change-too/

I find the prediction regarding e-bikes interesting.

Whizzer Company built gasoline motor add-ons for bicycles and later
complete motorized bicycles as far back as 1939, which never became
wildly popular. While today it seems that e-bikes are now on the way to
becoming almost a standard. I read, for example, that home delivery -
Pizza for example - in Singapore is almost all by e-bike.

Why not Whizzer and why e-bike?

As a guess, the weight and size of the motors. Then there is the issue of
faul, unhealthy air. Whilst a hot radiating ICe is good in winter, it is
lousy in summar here.

Old December 28th 19, 04:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, December 27, 2019 at 6:53:06 PM UTC-8, news18 wrote:
[...]

Tack-on two stroke gas motors are noisy. Its like riding a buzz bomb. I got passed by some dope on a bike with a gas motor, and I thought I was going to get chainsaw massacred.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old December 28th 19, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, December 27, 2019 at 11:05:48 PM UTC, AMuzi wrote:
As the great philosopher Yogi Berra noted, It's tough to
make predictions, especially about the future."

https://bikerumor.com/2019/12/23/202...ll-change-too/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Weight and size of batteries for e-bikes *must* come down.

Andre Jute
Newly reborn as a weight-weenie
Old December 28th 19, 06:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 19:06:24 -0800 (PST), jbeattie
wrote:

[...]

The Whizzer used a regular 4 stroke Briggs & Stratten motor if memory
serves. And; I can assure you that it was much quieter than my bored
and stroked 90 cu.in. Harley :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old December 28th 19, 06:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 02:53:04 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

[...]

Back in the 1940's when I saw the first Whizzer we didn't have "foul
unhealthy air". It hadn't been invented yet :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old December 28th 19, 08:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Talk about damning with faint praise.

Old December 28th 19, 09:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

[...]

:-) Well he was complaining about noise :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

You have to laugh... Mrcheerful UK 0 January 26th 14 11:32 AM
Laugh Fred Gringioni[_2_] Racing 5 July 9th 10 01:03 AM
You have to be able to laugh at yourself... BT Humble Australia 3 January 3rd 08 08:39 PM
Sweden, 2020: the world's first oil-free economy Bill Baka General 1 June 8th 06 05:27 AM
Sweden, 2020: the world's first oil-free economy Werehatrack General 0 June 7th 06 06:10 AM