Question: Trek 4100 & Fuji Sunfire

Old September 21st 03, 01:19 PM
ActionHank

Default Question: Trek 4100 & Fuji Sunfire

I'm up to buy a new MTB and I wonder between Trek 4100 and Fuji Sunfire,
both are 2004 models.
Any helpful advice would be most appreciated!
Thanks!

Old October 15th 03, 06:07 PM
Stephen

"ActionHank" wrote in message ...
I'm up to buy a new MTB and I wonder between Trek 4100 and Fuji Sunfire,
both are 2004 models.
Any helpful advice would be most appreciated!
Thanks!

I just recently purchased an '04 Trek 4100. So far, it's been a great
ride. I'm using it mainly on the road but also to mountain bike about
once a month.

I had a K2 hybrid bike before and decided to get a real mountain bike
after using they hybrid in Big Bear. Trying to ride a hybrid bike for
mountain biking is akin to running a marathon in basketball shoes.
Yes, you can do it but you'll notice a huge difference when you use
the proper equipment.

The 4100 is extremely light, especially when you compare it to my old
bike. I've noticed that shifting is quite smooth and climbing hills
has gotten a lot easier. I had been using a grip shift on my old K2
which is a lot different than the top and bottom trigger shift that
the 4100 comes with. However, I find the trigger shift to be a lot
faster and easier.

I got my Trek 4100 at my bike shop for $289. It retails for $349 but
you can probably get a much better price than that.