Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

Old August 8th 13, 11:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade

Default Is Mike Andaman finally dead?

One last point to end the thread. It appears, Ed, that you are, to a large degree, somewhat typical of a certain type of hiker.

Quoting from http://www.mbosc.org/Impacts/summary.html

"5.3 Social Impacts of Mountain Biking

Recreation conflict is a more complex phenomena than simply a case of "one activity versus another". There are a number of reasons which are usually given for disapproving of mountain bikes in off-road (track) settings. From consideration of all the studies and references available, these subjective reasons can generally be summarised as:

· Perceptions of greater environmental impacts and damage from mountain biking.

· Safety hazards of fast and silent mountain bikes.

· Attitudes that mountain biking is an inappropriate activity in the environment.

· Perceptions that mountain bikes encroach upon walking opportunities.

· Perceptions that mountain bikers are less interested in the setting and environment.

· A general dislike of mountain bikes and what they are perceived to represent.

In summary, these reasons can categorised as:

· Perceptions of environmental impacts.

· Perceptions of safety hazards.

· Perceptions that mountain biking is "inappropriate". "

However, the paper then goes on to point out that, in the main, these are PERCEPTUAL rather than ACTUAL issues.
Old August 8th 13, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

I am calling you a moral bankrupt for what you do to trails
with your bike.

Now I'm really laughing. Riding a bicycle is a sign of moral bankruptcy ?

Riding your bicycle on a hiking trail is an ultimate evil. Riding your bicycle on a road is fine and dandy.

I don't do any more to trails on my bike than you do on your feet.

You disturbed the tranquility of hikers. You destroy the trail path for walking. And you **** things up wherever you go.

You are the transgressor. The only force I am advocating is
authorized force. However, hikers would be well advised to enter wilderness
areas with a concealed weapon on their person since so many bikers are
thugs.

What am I transgressing Ed ? I'm doing something you don't like. So what ? You don't, fortunately, get to make the law.

The laws will have to be changed because of scofflaws like you.

There are loads of hiker/biker accidents so it's too dangerous :

REFUTED
It's more environmentally damaging than hiking : REFUTED
It's aesthetically unappealing to you : INVALID REASONS TO ALLOCATE PUBLIC
RESOURCE
It's an 'incorrect' use of a public resource : NO FACTS TO BACKUP
ASSERTION

Nothing has been refuted. Whoever heard of anyone who takes
the “refutations” of mountain bikers seriously. You are nothing but a hot air
windbag who wouldn’t know a fact if it jumped up and bit you on your ass. And
your logic is as screwy as your facts.

Well, I'm not the one who asserted that there were loads of interactions in a location and then couldn't back it up. Hot air maybe ? :-)

Face it, you don't have anything; you simply don't like mountainbikes on trails, it's that simple. You have nothing to back that up as a logical conclusion ... it's just your personal prejudice.

You have just described yourself and your ilk perfectly. Keep up the good work!

Your logic is as twisted as your morality ... self serving to
the core. Have you no shame!

I do believe I'm winning ... the level of ad-hominem is usually in direct proportion to your failure to justify your premises.

The level of ad-hominem is directly related to one’s idiocy.

The only assertions that are being demolished are yours.
Let’s leave it to the readers of this thread to draw their
own conclusions.

More than happy to do so.

The fact is that I just plain don’t like mountain bikers doing their thing on
hiking trails. And I don’t like those who defend what it is they do.

I get that ... that's my point ... you don't have any valid, objective reasons for this prejudice ... you just feel this way. What you don't get is that there is no moral imperative on me, or others, to pander to your prejudice.

You have entered an arena where you are not wanted. You are doing something new under the sun. And you can’t come up with any good reasons for doing any of it other than a childish pleasure in destroying something sacred (what’s the matter – can’t walk?). You have incurred the hatred of hikers and you will reap the whirlwind.

You are
wrongheaded about everything having to do with this subject. And yes, you are
indeed selfish ... and morally corrupt to boot. Purgatory awaits you in the
next world.

So, I'm selfish because I won't conform to your desires for exclusivity ? Try arguing that one logically.

Let's end this ... we're both happy to let others judge the 'winner' of the debate and, in the end, that's all that matters since I doubt we're going to move each other very far.

Leave if you want. There are plenty of other idiots to take your place. In the meantime, Mr. Vandeman and I will continue to work quietly behind the scenes to get the present disgusting and immoral situation changed back to the way it was in the good old days.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old August 8th 13, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

[...]

An excellent summarization indeed! I recommend that you read it over and over and then memorize it. The only thing missing is the final judgment. The above reasons are NOT perceptions, but FACTS. Nothing could be more ACTUAL!

Christ! You are even denser than I thought!

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old August 9th 13, 05:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Fool[_2_]

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 15:55:05 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

[...]

Rhetoric aside, Canonization (or canonisation) is the act by which an
the Church declares a deceased person to be a saint.

Given that your signature block declares you to be a saint then one is
forced to wonder whether you are replying from "beyond the grave" as
it is often described, or you are just another phony trying to glorify
himself.

--
Cheers,

Fool
Old August 9th 13, 06:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Fool" wrote in message ...
[...]

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Rhetoric aside, Canonization (or canonisation) is the act by which an

the Church declares a deceased person to be a saint.

Given that your signature block declares you to be a saint then one is

forced to wonder whether you are replying from "beyond the grave" as
it is often described, or you are just another phony trying to glorify
himself.

Well, I”ve got one foot in the grave, that is for sure. However, in my not so humble opinion, there never has been a saint and there never will be, human nature being what it is. The only church I know about is the one that Mother Nature created for us here on earth. We should enjoy it by walking softly and leaving only footprints.

The key word to concentrate on in my signature is the word “Great”, which I clearly am compared to all the sniveling despicable mountain bikers who think it is perfectly OK to ride their bicycles on hiking trails. I only regret there is not a Hell in which to consign them for all eternity.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old August 9th 13, 11:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 00:42:52 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"Fool" wrote in message ...
[...]

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Rhetoric aside, Canonization (or canonisation) is the act by which an

the Church declares a deceased person to be a saint.

Given that your signature block declares you to be a saint then one is

forced to wonder whether you are replying from "beyond the grave" as
it is often described, or you are just another phony trying to glorify
himself.

Well, I”ve got one foot in the grave, that is for sure.

However, in my not so humble opinion, there never has been a saint and
there never will be, human nature being what it is. The only church I
know about is the one that Mother Nature created for us here on earth.
We should enjoy it by walking softly and leaving only footprints.

But Mother Nature didn't create the trails that you are so
enthusiastic about. They were created by man.

The key word to concentrate on in my signature is the

word “Great”, which I clearly am compared to all the sniveling
despicable mountain bikers who think it is perfectly OK to ride their
bicycles on hiking trails. I only regret there is not a Hell in which
to consign them for all eternity.

There are a number of people who have been awarded the title of
"great" Alfred the Great, for example, conceived the idea of a united
Anglo-Saxon England and by the time of his death had become the
dominant ruler in the country and well on the way of achieving his
aim.

Apparently you, on the other hand, are hiding your light under a
bushel, as the saying goes, since a reasonably diligent search offers
nothing to indicate any greatness associated with the name "Dolan".

Tooting your own horn, seems a very likely scenario.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old August 9th 13, 03:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade

Riding your bicycle on a hiking trail is an ultimate evil.

I’ll let Stalin, Pol Pot, Ceaucescu, Amin, Mugabe and co know :-). What a silly overdramatisation.

You disturbed the tranquility of hikers. You destroy the trail
path for walking. And you **** things up wherever you go.

You control your own mind ... or choose not to. Your tranquillity is a state of mind and you can easily ignore mountainbikers on trails if you wish to do so.

The trail, as the science shows, is similarly impacted by bikes or feet.

The laws will have to be changed because of scofflaws like
you.

Now you’ve really lost it. You want to CHANGE the laws so that what I’m doing now, perfectly legally, becomes illegal so that, then, you can call me a scofflaw ? Fantastic logic there Ed.

Face it, you don't have anything; you simply don't like
mountainbikes on trails, it's that simple. You have nothing to back that
up as a logical conclusion ... it's just your personal prejudice.

You have just described yourself and your ilk perfectly. Keep
up the good work!

No, Ed, I simply quoted your own words back at you ... “The fact is that I just plain don’t like mountain bikers doing their thing on hiking trails.” You’ve not come up with anything beyond that and, as I said, your wishes are not the sole arbiter of what should happen.

You have entered an arena where you are not wanted. You are
doing something new under the sun. And you can’t come up with any good reasons
for doing any of it other than a childish pleasure in destroying something
sacred (what’s the matter – can’t walk?). You have incurred the hatred of hikers
and you will reap the whirlwind.

Ed, I’ve provided loads of good reasons why; I listed them earlier in this thread so I’m not going to repeat them yet again. I know you don’t accept them but I think they’re valid and I leave it to the netizens to decide for themselves.

Every use was, once, new. Recreational hiking was a new use of trails originally created for transport and trade. Things move on ... perhaps you should too. Nothing is being destroyed and there is no need for hatred.

Leave if you want. There are plenty of other idiots to take
your place. In the meantime, Mr. Vandeman and I will continue to work quietly
behind the scenes to get the present disgusting and immoral situation changed
back to the way it was in the good old days.

I shall; we’re going around in circles here. You won’t see what you don’t want to see. You saw the report I added to the thread; the ‘problems’ that you are perceiving are not real ... they’re perceptual and will disappear when you change your mind. Unfortunately, for your own serenity, I don’t think you can do that.

But, I and others will stand absolutely firm about our right to use a public resource and not to be denied it just because it happens to not suit a small number of reactionaries who won’t even consider compromise.

I'm pretty sure that, whilst you ally yourself with Vandeman, you will continue to be spectacularly unsuccessful in any attempt to create further restrictions.
Old August 9th 13, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade

An excellent summarization indeed! I recommend that you
read it over and over and then memorize it. The only thing missing is the final
judgment. The above reasons are NOT perceptions, but FACTS. Nothing could be
more ACTUAL!

Christ! You are even denser than I thought!

Well, what should I call you when you either haven't bothered to read the report or have just completely misrepresented its conclusions ?

As the report makes clear, these are PERCEPTUAL issues. For the hard of understanding, as you now appear to be, that means that IT'S NOT REAL !

Or, to put it even more basically so even you can't misunderstand ...

No, hikers and bikers DON'T collide very often
No, bikes don't wreck the trails any more than hikers ... but large numbers of either will have an impact
No, mountainbiking is not like motorcyling or other ATV recreation and is not an 'inappropriate' use of trails

These are the perception of some hikers, but not reality.
Old August 9th 13, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

Well, I”ve got one foot in the grave, that is for sure.

However, in my not so humble opinion, there never has been a saint and
there never will be, human nature being what it is. The only church I
know about is the one that Mother Nature created for us here on earth.
We should enjoy it by walking softly and leaving only footprints.

But Mother Nature didn't create the trails that you are so

enthusiastic about. They were created by man.

They were created by man for walkers, not for bicycles. Get your own trails! What’s the matter – can’t walk?

However, many trails were indeed created by Mother Nature in the way of wild animals always choosing the easiest pathways, thereby creating in essence a trail.

The key word to concentrate on in my signature is the

word “Great”, which I clearly am compared to all the sniveling
despicable mountain bikers who think it is perfectly OK to ride their
bicycles on hiking trails. I only regret there is not a Hell in which
to consign them for all eternity.

There are a number of people who have been awarded the title of

"great" Alfred the Great, for example, conceived the idea of a united
Anglo-Saxon England and by the time of his death had become the
dominant ruler in the country and well on the way of achieving his
aim.

The United Kingdom is far from being united. The Scots, the Irish and the Welsh all hate the English. We Celts are hard to please.

Apparently you, on the other hand, are hiding your light under a

bushel, as the saying goes, since a reasonably diligent search offers
nothing to indicate any greatness associated with the name "Dolan".

My Greatness and My Saintliness is in my own mind. Where the hell else does it ever need to be?

Tooting your own horn, seems a very likely scenario.

My hero is Alexander the Great who knew how to kick ass in Asia. He set the Persians back on their heels, something that even the US today does not know how to do.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old August 9th 13, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

An excellent summarization indeed! I recommend that you

read it over and over and then memorize it. The only thing missing is the final
judgment. The above reasons are NOT perceptions, but FACTS. Nothing could be
more ACTUAL!

Christ! You are even denser than I thought!

Well, what should I call you when you either haven't bothered to read the report or have just completely misrepresented its conclusions ?

As the report makes clear, these are PERCEPTUAL issues. For the hard of understanding, as you now appear to be, that means that IT'S NOT REAL !

They are not perceptual issues, they are real. What good does it do to present the facts and then claim they are not real, only perceptual. We are dealing with different levels of mentality here. Yours, which are childish and self-serving, and mine, which are solid and above board. This is what happens when one is devoid of common sense. The so-called perceptual issues are my facts and the only reality that matters to me.

Or, to put it even more basically so even you can't misunderstand ...

No, hikers and bikers DON'T collide very often
No, bikes don't wreck the trails any more than hikers ... but large numbers of either will have an impact
No, mountainbiking is not like motorcyling or other ATV recreation and is not an 'inappropriate' use of trails

These are the perception of some hikers, but not reality.

All your points above have previously been dealt with and disposed of by yours truly. Your hedges don’t excuse the transgressions.

Get back to me when you can handle the motorcycles on hiking trails in a sensible manner. I won’t hold my breath.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great