Happy Old Year

Old December 31st 19, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Happy Old Year

Thanks to all of you for another year's worth of thought and
conversation! Enjoy the last few hours, I'm closing early.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 31st 19, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 1:55:30 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
Thanks to all of you for another year's worth of thought and
conversation! Enjoy the last few hours, I'm closing early.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

May you have decades ahead of you to get a good laugh from all of the knowledge of Frank or John or News. May you remain happy, healthy and strong.
Old January 1st 20, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 3:43:21 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 1:55:30 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
Thanks to all of you for another year's worth of thought and
conversation! Enjoy the last few hours, I'm closi ng early.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

May you have decades ahead of you to get a good laugh from all of the knowledge of Frank or John or News. May you remain happy, healthy and strong.

Ditto, and on the family and bicycle front, my son just got hired by Specialized to do dealer assistance at the SLC operation. https://bikerumor.com/wp-content/upl...709-173117.jpg He just put his Trek on Craigslist. Specialized . . . it's the best!

Three or four interviews -- Specialized is really picky. I told him to tell them that I used to ride around with Mike Sinyard and bought factory second Turbos with wavy tread for $2 in 1977(?)-- from employees who were prohibited from selling the rejects. There was this whole underground Specialized economy back then. I don't think he would remember me since I was just hanging with one of the warehouse guys, Hans Heim, who became Ibis. Hans was fast! The good old days.

I'm sitting on the sofa all doped up after a stupid crash with my best cycling buddy (and former racer and good guy) who took me down. Long story and not worth repeating -- except to mention that as the years go on, recovering from a minor fall is getting harder and harder.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 1st 20, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 9:55:30 PM UTC, AMuzi wrote:
Thanks to all of you for another year's worth of thought and
conversation! Enjoy the last few hours, I'm closing early.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

You earned an early closing, Andrew. May you have many more years. -- AJ
Old January 1st 20, 08:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/31/2019 4:38 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

You should have told him to say that I once sat in the same business
class row on an airplane to Taiwan with Mike Sinyard. He was going to
Taipei Cycle, I was going to visit motherboard companies. But after I
was done one day I went over to Taipei Cycle. Quite a trade show. Put
Interbike to shame.
Old January 1st 20, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ted Heise

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 16:38:03 -0800 (PST),
jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 3:43:21 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 1:55:30 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
Thanks to all of you for another year's worth of thought and
conversation! Enjoy the last few hours, I'm closi ng early.

May you have decades ahead of you to get a good laugh from all
of the knowledge of Frank or John or News. May you remain
happy, healthy and strong.

Ditto...

Me too [except for the snarky part].

...and on the family and bicycle front, my son just got hired
by Specialized to do dealer assistance at the SLC operation.

I'm sitting on the sofa all doped up after a stupid crash with
my best cycling buddy (and former racer and good guy) who took
me down. Long story and not worth repeating -- except to
mention that as the years go on, recovering from a minor fall
is getting harder and harder.

Congrats to your son, and best wishes for a recovery that's as
speedy as possible. At 64 I'm far from elderly, but old enough to
know something of the longer healing times you mention.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA
Old January 1st 20, 04:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020 at 1:38:05 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

My LBS tried twice (old and new owners) to be a Specialized dealer. Specialized have such high requirements that a small local dealer can't impossible meet them. Not a very sympathetic company from what I heard of my LBS. The reason I probably never buy a Specialized bike. Hopefully your son can make a difference in Salt Lake City.

I'm sitting on the sofa all doped up after a stupid crash with my best cycling buddy (and former racer and good guy) who took me down. Long story and not worth repeating -- except to mention that as the years go on, recovering from a minor fall is getting harder and harder.

Geez Jay you sure crash a lot . Wish you a speedy recovery. Just finished my first 2020 ride. What I like about riding new year day are the quiet roads:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dXYrkStEvC1vPckc9

The nice weather was a bonus so I overdid it a bit (90 km):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GcqCxEr8u3Uh5HwJ8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pnQ1VuxnVWih7dt57

Lou

Old January 1st 20, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020 at 8:09:50 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

I was innocent this time and would have stayed up if our bars didn't lock up. The last time I went down, I bumped a rear wheel -- totally my fault, and I wouldn't have gone down if I weren't bobbling around with a water bottle. No bike damage either time, which is nice.

Twenty years ago, these wouldn't even get a mention. I had worse crashes in races and got up and finished -- they just hurt me a lot more now. I'm going to be off my bike for a few more days and will probably just go on a new years walk with my wife after a brunch with some friends and getting my son to the airport. No 90km rides for a while, which is basically my standard flat winter ride around Sauvie Island. I'll imagine I did that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SLVsXqAgS4

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 1st 20, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Ditto, and on the family and bicycle front, my son just got hired by Specialized to do dealer assistance at the SLC operation. https://bikerumor..com/wp-content/up...709-173117.jpg He just put his Trek on Craigslist. Specialized . . . it's the best!

[...]

How in blazes does that Rick Bowmer guy survive bicycling? After all he rides in the door zone and doesn't take the lane.

Light snow here New Years Eve but a lovely ride on my MIELE MTB converted to a dropbar and with V-brakes ans well as interrupter levers.

Ride smart and ride safe folks, and may this year be better for you than last year.

Cheers
Old January 1st 20, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

wrote:
[...]

My LBS was a Specialized shop. I bought two bikes from them including my
current Tarmac. The shop had the same sort of experience that you’re
describing. I think it was mostly that Specialized wanted more sales than
these guys could do. Anyway, the shop doesn’t carry Specialized any
longer.

I'm sitting on the sofa all doped up after a stupid crash with my best
cycling buddy (and former racer and good guy) who took me down. Long
story and not worth repeating -- except to mention that as the years go
on, recovering from a minor fall is getting harder and harder.

Geez Jay you sure crash a lot . Wish you a speedy recovery. Just finished
my first 2020 ride. What I like about riding new year day are the quiet roads:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dXYrkStEvC1vPckc9

The nice weather was a bonus so I overdid it a bit (90 km):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GcqCxEr8u3Uh5HwJ8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pnQ1VuxnVWih7dt57

Lou

We had a foot of snow overnight here. More like a snow shoe day than a
ride day.

Happy new year! Mr. Benn[_9_] UK 6 January 2nd 12 01:18 AM
Happy New Year! Zenon Racing 3 December 31st 10 03:49 PM
Happy New YEar :D n1kk1 Techniques 0 December 28th 09 11:23 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HAPPY2006 Social Issues 0 January 2nd 06 08:19 PM
Happy New Year! Richard Bates UK 17 January 3rd 04 02:02 PM