today's ride

Old May 16th 18, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default today's ride

https://imgur.com/gallery/PlGukiI

At least it was sunny!

--
sig 93
Old May 16th 18, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

David Scheidt wrote:
https://imgur.com/gallery/PlGukiI

Contact screwed while cruising!

At least it was sunny!

See how you hadn't fared any better with thicker layers of puncture protection?
Old May 16th 18, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]

On Wed, 16 May 2018 15:26:53 +0000 (UTC),
David Scheidt wrote:
https://imgur.com/gallery/PlGukiI

I *hate* when tht happens!

At least it was sunny!

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA
Old May 16th 18, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Sepp Ruf wrote:
avid Scheidt wrote:
: https://imgur.com/gallery/PlGukiI

:Contact screwed while cruising!

: At least it was sunny!

:See how you hadn't fared any better with thicker layers of puncture protection?

If I were Joerg, I'd be after steel belted tires. I'll settle for a
flat once every couple years.
(it actaully took half a block to go flat, I could hear something
hitting the chain stay, but couldn't figure it out. The 'pssst' gave
it away a few seconds later.)

--
sig 64
Old May 16th 18, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 11:57:47 AM UTC-7, David Scheidt wrote:
Sepp Ruf wrote:
avid Scheidt wrote:
: https://imgur.com/gallery/PlGukiI

:Contact screwed while cruising!

: At least it was sunny!

:See how you hadn't fared any better with thicker layers of puncture protection?

If I were Joerg, I'd be after steel belted tires. I'll settle for a
flat once every couple years.
(it actaully took half a block to go flat, I could hear something
hitting the chain stay, but couldn't figure it out. The 'pssst' gave
it away a few seconds later.)

Tank tracks. If the bicycle manufacturers only understood how to build bikes, they would spec them with tank tracks. This one little company got it right. https://lunacycle.com/luna-m1-tank-t...onversion-kit/ I've been doing that on my own for years -- with a solid rubber front tire. If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. It's just like making beer.. Did I mention I make beer? Did I mention mountain lions? Scared cows? God-fearing country-folk? Hors categorie gnar?

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 16th 18, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

wrote:
Sepp Ruf wrote: avid Scheidt wrote: :
https://imgur.com/gallery/PlGukiI

:Contact screwed while cruising!

: At least it was sunny!

:See how you hadn't fared any better with thicker layers of
puncture protection?

If I were Joerg, I'd be after steel belted tires. I'll settle for
a flat once every couple years. (it actaully took half a block to
go flat, I could hear something hitting the chain stay, but
couldn't figure it out. The 'pssst' gave it away a few seconds
later.)

Tank tracks. If the bicycle manufacturers only understood how to
build bikes, they would spec them with tank tracks. This one little
company got it right.
https://lunacycle.com/luna-m1-tank-t...onversion-kit/

Lunacycle has great products. You can build a more bold version though,
see at 2:03min:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p83NxQijqSI

They forget the MP3 player and the cup holders though.

... I've been
doing that on my own for years -- with a solid rubber front tire. If
you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. It's just like
making beer. Did I mention I make beer? Did I mention mountain
lions? Scared cows? God-fearing country-folk? Hors categorie gnar?

Just brewed up another Pliny clone and for the first time a Belgian
Quadrupel. Got to watch that Belgian though, the fermentation is going
almost "nucular". It should clock in above 9% but will need 12 weeks
until done.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old May 16th 18, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:
[...]

I doubt you can get the same hops or the proprietary yeast -- to the extent that matters.

You should skip the Clorox fest and go watch the Tour of California. Stages 5-7 are in your neighborhood. The Friday stage starts in Folsom. You should go and touch Peter Sagan. "Nyes, the legs, if they work, maybe it good, but you know?" I want to learn to interview like Peter! Some of the best Europros who decided to skip the Giro are there You can go talk German to the Germans. Shoot the sh** with Marcel Kittel. Ask him for hair care tips.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 16th 18, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2018-05-16 12:33, jbeattie wrote:

[...]

... I've been doing that on my own for years -- with a solid
rubber front tire. If you want it done right, you have to do it
yourself. It's just like making beer. Did I mention I make
beer? Did I mention mountain lions? Scared cows? God-fearing
country-folk? Hors categorie gnar?

Just brewed up another Pliny clone and for the first time a
Belgian Quadrupel. Got to watch that Belgian though, the
fermentation is going almost "nucular". It should clock in above 9%
but will need 12 weeks until done.

I doubt you can get the same hops or the proprietary yeast -- to the
extent that matters.

It tastes remarkably close to the real thing. Tons of different hops and
it needs to be dry-hopped twice in secondary fermentation. It would
probably be possible to extract and grow the yeast from a store-bought
bottle. Problem is, you can hardly ever buy the stuff and that is the
main reason why I brew it. Soon I'll have 50+ bottles of it. They should
be left alone for a couple of months for aging but that requires a level
of self-discipline I have a hard time with.

I used yeast I extracted from a Koelsch that I brewed two weeks ago and
just racked off to secondary. So my Pliny clone is 1% German I guess.

You should skip the Clorox fest and go watch the Tour of California.
Stages 5-7 are in your neighborhood. The Friday stage starts in
Folsom.

Hmm, I have to see because I actually get through that area on my road
bike. Though I find road bike races utterly boring. People wait and wait
and wait, then the peloton zips by, followed by a few stragglers, and
that was it.

https://www.folsom.ca.us/visitors/th...california.asp

Maybe I can sneak into a celebration ride but with panniers, non-Lycra
clothes, MTB pedals and mud caked onto the bike frame they'd probably
kick me out.

You should go and touch Peter Sagan. "Nyes, the legs, if
they work, maybe it good, but you know?" I want to learn to interview
like Peter! Some of the best Europros who decided to skip the Giro
are there You can go talk German to the Germans. Shoot the sh** with
Marcel Kittel. Ask him for hair care tips.

There ain't much hair left on top to care for. And no, I am never
getting into the habit of shaving leg hair just to squeeze another 500
milliseconds out of a 4h ride.

Old May 17th 18, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

wrote:
[...]

You forgot uber lumen lights and rechargeable batteries that can be used
in a cryogenic freezer and the surface of the sun.

--
JS
Old May 17th 18, 02:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Maybe so, but it was still hilarious satire.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA

today's ride AMuzi Techniques 73 April 24th 18 06:38 PM
Today's Ride fairypenguin22 Unicycling 0 July 5th 08 06:55 PM
Today's Ride Tom Crispin UK 0 May 5th 08 10:04 PM
Today's ride wafflycat UK 19 February 19th 08 01:22 PM
I went for a ride today small change Mountain Biking 5 August 3rd 05 01:41 PM