Trials movie: Venice Beach Unicycling

Old April 10th 04, 08:02 PM
Jester2000

Default Trials movie: Venice Beach Unicycling

Over spring break my folks and I drove down to Los Angeles to visit my
uncle. It was cool because we got to hang out around Venice Beach, as
well as check out many of the colleges in that area.

Of course I brought my trials uni, and on Sunday my Dad was nice enough
to film me tearin' up the Beach area. (Which includes a little
skatepark.)

All was well until I broke my KH seat. (That's the 2nd one I've
broken.) I pulled up for a small drop, and I felt the front two bolts
rip through the plastic. Ugh. Fortunately, my ride was not finished as
I was still able to hop seat out, by holding right next to the rear
bolts.

Also, as I was riding down the boardwalk-type area, this downhill MT
biker named Chris Wilson started talking to me. He knew quite a lot
about Muni, and he told me he has ridden with Kris Holm.

So without further adieu, may I present:
VENICE BEACH UNICYCLING

To watch, go to 'unicyclejester.com/video.htm'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/video.htm) (It's the first movie there).
It's 14.4 mb, and I should be getting a small version up there too.

Oh yeah, and the music is wicked cool!

Later!

Jess

--
Jester2000 - Pres. of the Del Oro CB Radio Club!

'[image:
http://jester2000.unicyclist.com/~jester2000/images/jester_trans_green.gif]'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com) '[image:
http://jester2000.unicyclist.com/~jester2000/images/sig_picture.jpg]'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com)
A new animation I made that is very cool:
'unicyclejester.com/animation/bronco.html'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/animation/bronco.html)

Jester2000's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3662

Old April 10th 04, 08:12 PM
mango

Thanks very much for sharing. That was great!

R.I.P KH seat

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

"I know I'd be willing to spend up to $20 for a set of strong nipples."
-andrew_carter

(sorry buddy, couldnt resist =)

mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old April 10th 04, 08:29 PM
uniextreme

That was cool, good riding, good music, but the best part was the
commentary by your dad. Haha.

Brian

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuw09
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

Old April 10th 04, 09:28 PM
gpickett00

That was awesome. That place is such a good spot for unicycling. Its
perfect.

--
gpickett00 - Level 3.7

Bicycle is just a short way of saying unicycle with a training wheel.
'Our unicycling videos' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv95)

gpickett00's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5654

Old April 10th 04, 10:58 PM
Danny Colyer

Jester2000 wrote:
To watch, go to 'unicyclejester.com/video.htm'
(http://www.unicyclejester.com/video.htm) (It's the first movie
there). It's 14.4 mb, and I should be getting a small version up
there too.

I'd have liked to have seen a bit more of the kids on the recumbent
trikes in the background a little over 4 minutes in ;-)

Oh yeah, and the music is wicked cool!

You're not wrong there.

http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
Why I like OE6 - http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/misc/oe6.html

Old April 10th 04, 11:21 PM
vivalargo

Yo,

That part of Venice is a half mile from my crib. If you end up going to
school down here, we'll have to hook up. Local hills are full of XXX
single tracks and the bike path (25 miles long, on the sand and right
next to the ocean) is second to none for speed Cokering.

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Old April 11th 04, 12:52 AM
BryanM

That was some great unicycling can't wait till next vid

--
BryanM - w00t

People who use bicycles are cheats.
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv95 for some vids of us.
BryanM's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5684

Old April 11th 04, 09:08 PM
Jester2000

vivalargo wrote:
*That part of Venice is a half mile from my crib. *

Really? I was wondering if there were other unicyclists in the area. I
figured there were. Venice is such an awesome place, and that beach
area always has something going on. Chris Wilson was telling me about
the local hills. He said they were pretty good. Maybe next time I'll
bring my Muni!

Buh Bye!

Jess

Old April 12th 04, 12:29 AM
andrew_carter

Another great movie, keep them coming please!

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com