Proud Papa!

Old January 14th 05, 01:15 AM
unidaddy

Default Proud Papa!

On Tuesday, my 7-year-old daughter made her first 30ft. ride!! She did
it at the unicycle class that Billham has organized and I help out with.
She is soooo excited. My 5-year-old daughter is riding along supported
by one hand along our garage wall! She doesn't even know how to ride a
bike yet.....I think she will learn uni before spring. It's inspiring
to see so many people show up week after week.....Tuesday we had 21
riders!!

To cap off this posting, I had a lovely ride this afternoon on my coker.
I went 7.7miles, had a max speed of 12.3mph, and an average speed of
10.0mph. It's January 13th and I rode in shorts and a t-shirt! This is
just unbelievable for here.

It was 67°F!

--
unidaddy - head over wheel
unidaddy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7879

Old January 14th 05, 01:23 AM
steveyo

Wow - congrats to your daughter!

My 7-yr-old daughter is up to 2 and 3 revolutions, not quite to where
yours is, but soon. She'll get it because she wants it bad.

Ain't parenthood cool!

--
steveyo - touring wobbler

steveyo

If your feet are cold, cover your head.
- eskimo proverb

Old January 14th 05, 01:44 AM
tomblackwood

Congratulations to both of you, but especially to your daughter.

My son learned when he was 8, and is now 11. Our frequent trail rides
together over the last few years have been one of the joys of my life.

May you have many many great rides ahead...

Tom

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

Old January 14th 05, 02:01 AM
unidad

Very cool, congratulations to the both of you.

--
unidad

Just discovered this new adventure!
unidad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8151

Old January 14th 05, 02:07 AM
pk

this makes me look forward to becoming a parent... i hope i will be as
proud as you guys are.

--
pk - Death Of Inocence

PK
poiinthepark || Home of the UK poi and fire twirling communities
pk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8639

Old January 14th 05, 02:19 AM
spickydoo

My daughter is only two and a half but she will walk around the house
with her arms out and wobbling saying "whoa, whoa I'm unicycling" It's
pretty funny. She also points at the TV when I'm watching Universe and
says "That's you daddy?" I think she'll want to uni when she's able too.
I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully my 6 month old son will
want to uni when he's older too.

--
spickydoo - one hot wheel

"Did you try poking him with a stick?" - John Travolta
spickydoo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1055

Old January 14th 05, 03:32 AM
unidaddy

Thanks for the posts! It really is rewarding seeing a kid (especially
one's own) accomplish such a great thing. She's almost as proud of
herself as I am of her (actually both of them, and I've got a third girl
who will undoubtedly follow in her sisters' tiretracks). I'm looking
forward to the rides with them. It's almost comparable to seeing them
walk for the 1st time. I want to do a demo at their elementary school
when my 5-year-old learns to ride solo, stir up some more riders!

Old January 14th 05, 03:34 AM
lleberg

Damn that i'm only 17, wish i was older, just to have a child to teach
to uni.

--
lleberg - Level 4 unicyclist

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Old January 14th 05, 03:46 AM
UniBrier

Congrats on the Girls' success.

They will get better than you. I speak from experience.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve

Do your feet smell? Does you nose run?...You may be built upside down.
-Old joke I found in a Mad Magazine many moons ago.

UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old January 14th 05, 04:20 AM
unidaddy

UniBrier wrote:
*Congrats on the Girls' success.

They will get better than you. I speak from experience. *

Don't I know it!!! Thanks for the congrats (they'll see this when they
wake up in the morning!). More incentive for me to gain skills!