Show of hands: who carries a camera when cycling?

Old June 21st 05, 12:56 AM
C.J.Patten

Default Show of hands: who carries a camera when cycling?

Having just gotten my hands on a digital camera (my first still camera in a
few years) I'm happy to find it fits perfectly in my seat-bag along with the
break-away gear! 8D

No pictures taken while on the road yet - just pics of the bike & new rack.

Seeing as my legs aren't jell-o from the first ride of the day, I'm going to
go out now and see if I see anything while riding that's photo worthy!

Anyone have any cycling photos of their own to post?

Cheers,
Chris

Old June 21st 05, 01:11 AM
Mark McNeill

Response to C.J.Patten:

Long ago when I was into landscape photography I used to carry one of
these occasionally on the bike -

http://www.wista.co.jp/e_wista/e_sho...era/e_s2_1.htm

A beautiful thing, and the contacts were lovely; but the tripod was a
bugger to carry, one reason I went back eventually to 35mm.

I haven't used that camera in years; but I can't bring myself to sell it.

--
Mark, UK

pause and reflect."
Old June 21st 05, 01:43 AM
Leo Lichtman

"Mark McNeill" wrote in message
Response to C.J.Patten:

Long ago when I was into landscape photography I used to carry one of
these occasionally on the bike -

http://www.wista.co.jp/e_wista/e_sho...era/e_s2_1.htm

A beautiful thing, and the contacts were lovely; but the tripod was a
bugger to carry, one reason I went back eventually to 35mm.

I haven't used that camera in years; but I can't bring myself to sell it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Don't sell it! Inless you want to sell it to me at a bargain price. That's
a beautiful piece of equipment. Years ago I bought a light hand-built
alumium back pack which doubled as a tripod. There was a leg hinged at the
top of one side of the frame, giving three point support. I have also
thought about using the bicycle with a monopod to form a tripod.

Is that a 4 x 5? Just wait...maybe you will be able to get a digital "film
holder" before long.

Old June 21st 05, 02:26 AM
Roger Zoul

C.J.Patten wrote:
: Having just gotten my hands on a digital camera (my first still
: camera in a few years) I'm happy to find it fits perfectly in my
: seat-bag along with the break-away gear! 8D

which one do you have? Mine is too big to bother with on the bike. If it
were the size of my iPod Shuffle....

Old June 21st 05, 02:30 AM
C.J.Patten

You can get digital backs for medium format cameras FWIW.
http://www.hasselblad.se/ 22 Megapixel. (!)

That's one nice camera you've go there. I second the suggestion to keep it.
(I still have a medium format camera and an old 35mm Voigtlander here.)

BTW: had a good ride tonight! 10km this time bringing todays total to 15km.
Big jump over three weeks ago when I struggled with 5km!

Took two photos.

http://www.ncf.ca/~af895/bike/photos/fudd.jpg
http://www.ncf.ca/~af895/bike/photos/simba.jpg

(I don't think the cat liked it's owners)

C.

Old June 21st 05, 02:33 AM
C.J.Patten

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message

which one do you have? Mine is too big to bother with on the bike. If it
were the size of my iPod Shuffle....

Bought a used Canon A60.
Here's the skinny: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/a60.html

I'd take a photo of it in the seat bag but, well, you know...that'd be a
neat trick.

C.

Old June 21st 05, 03:05 AM
Colorado Bicycler

Canon Power Shot A75 or Argus DC 3500 or HP Photo Smart (older and much
larger). Used a tiny Sipix for awhile, but it kept screwing up and
losing memory, and needed to be reset by the computer program quite
regularly.

I got pics all over the internet!

Old June 21st 05, 03:31 AM
C.J.Patten

"Colorado Bicycler" wrote in message
oups.com...

I got pics all over the internet!

LINKS LINKS LINKS! We wanna see!

Old June 21st 05, 04:01 AM
Ravi

C.J.Patten wrote:

Having just gotten my hands on a digital camera (my first still camera in a
few years) I'm happy to find it fits perfectly in my seat-bag along with the
break-away gear! 8D

yes it is fun to carry a camera. My Sony cybershot fits in my jersey
pocket just fine and is easily accessible. I have dropped it only once -
that too when trying something funky (to capture my shadow on the
road)... i am in the process of putting together all my pics. will send
a link to you once it is up.

But few websites i am impressed with a
http://bushnell.homeip.net/~bill/bik...res/index.html
http://www.molenda.us/photos/hellyer...me-2004-08-20/

+ravi

Old June 21st 05, 04:53 AM
GaryG

"C.J.Patten" wrote in message
Having just gotten my hands on a digital camera (my first still camera in

few years) I'm happy to find it fits perfectly in my seat-bag along with

the
break-away gear! 8D

No pictures taken while on the road yet - just pics of the bike & new

rack.

Seeing as my legs aren't jell-o from the first ride of the day, I'm going

go out now and see if I see anything while riding that's photo worthy!

Anyone have any cycling photos of their own to post?

Cheers,
Chris

When I'm on tours...sure, always. I carry a Canon Powershot S330 Digital
Elph. I'm going to Colorado later this week, with my registration and food
paid for by my pictures from previous years (the tour organizers offered me
a free trip, in exchange for the right to use some of my photos in their
marketing materials...which fulfills a lifelong dream of being a
"professional cycling photographer"!).

Tour de France 2004:
http://www.shastasoftware.com/CycliS...DF2004_001.htm

Ride Around Mt. Lassen 2004: