Advice on Kids Vintage Bianchi - Shipping from UK

Old March 31st 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Advice on Kids Vintage Bianchi - Shipping from UK

I have three things on which I would appreciate advice. Thanks in
advance.

First, I just bought the following kids Bianchi road bike on eBay for
my 6 year old. It reminds me of the Fuji Junior I had as a kid, except
this is even cooler. I live in Washington State, USA and it needs to be
shipped from London. Anyone recommend the best shipping method? Price
and reliability are key. Timing is not, as my son has a bike he is
already using, and may even have to grow into this one.

Second. I paid $200 (120 pounds) for it. I am pretty certain it's worth
it to me. With some trepediation, I ask the group: setting aside my own
subjectivity, how would you value this?

Third: the crank is cottered, and it probably serves just fine. Will I
have any problem putting a modern BB on it and installing a regular
short road crank if I want to go that route? Anyone who has experience
with a bike like this: any other indiosyncracies (other than it being
35 years old and needing a good cleaning and adjusting) I should be
aware of?

Thanks.

eBay listing 7229360821
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting