not only bicycle helmets

Old May 18th 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default not only bicycle helmets

Early today I rented a truck to haul our cardboard (no
longer allowed in refuse, mandatory recycling). It's about 5
yards of flattened cardboard.

At the recycling depot I was told in no uncertain terms by
employee and foreman that I cannot, ever, not even just a
little bit, dump cardboard from a truck onto the big pile,
right next to all the other trucks, unless I wear a
regulation hardhat. And an orange vest.

Think of the children!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old May 18th 10, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:20:27 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Early today I rented a truck to haul our cardboard (no
longer allowed in refuse, mandatory recycling). It's about 5
yards of flattened cardboard.

At the recycling depot I was told in no uncertain terms by
employee and foreman that I cannot, ever, not even just a
little bit, dump cardboard from a truck onto the big pile,
right next to all the other trucks, unless I wear a
regulation hardhat. And an orange vest.

Next visit, ask the foreman if anyone has recently sued for alleged
injuries suffered in the yard. My guess is that you'll find that
there's some manner of personal injury litigation in progress. That
usually results in everyone going on the defensive, which includes the
helmet and vest. Locally, a customer falling into the dumpster while
dumpster diving, is what precipitated similar safety rules.

I have a bright orange work shirt and matching reflective padded
jacket. Not good enough as I'm sometimes asked to wear an orange or
lime green vest over either one.

Think of the children!

That takes 9 months.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old May 18th 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M-gineering

AMuzi wrote:
Early today I rented a truck to haul our cardboard (no longer allowed in
refuse, mandatory recycling). It's about 5 yards of flattened cardboard.

At the recycling depot I was told in no uncertain terms by employee and
foreman that I cannot, ever, not even just a little bit, dump cardboard
from a truck onto the big pile, right next to all the other trucks,
unless I wear a regulation hardhat. And an orange vest.

I think they missed the boots with steel toecaps and 10.000V insulation
etc

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl

Old May 18th 10, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raging raven

On May 18, 10:20*am, AMuzi wrote:
Early today I rented a truck to haul our cardboard (no
longer allowed in refuse, mandatory recycling). It's about 5
yards of flattened cardboard.

At the recycling depot I was told in no uncertain terms by
employee and foreman that I cannot, ever, not even just a
little bit, dump cardboard from a truck onto the big pile,
right next to all the other trucks, unless I wear a
regulation hardhat. *And an orange vest.

Think of the children!
--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/
* Open every day since 1 April, 1971

What, no Z87.1-2003 safety glasses? Quelle Horreur!
Old May 18th 10, 11:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article ,
AMuzi wrote:

Early today I rented a truck to haul our cardboard (no longer allowed
in refuse, mandatory recycling). It's about 5 yards of flattened
cardboard.

At the recycling depot I was told in no uncertain terms by employee
and foreman that I cannot, ever, not even just a little bit, dump
cardboard from a truck onto the big pile, right next to all the other
trucks, unless I wear a regulation hardhat. And an orange vest.

Think of the children!

Dump it in front of their offices.
Old May 19th 10, 02:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 5/18/2010 11:20 AM, A. Muzi wrote:
Early today I rented a truck to haul our cardboard (no longer allowed in
refuse, mandatory recycling). It's about 5 yards of flattened cardboard.

Bonfire on State Street?

At the recycling depot I was told in no uncertain terms by employee and
foreman that I cannot, ever, not even just a little bit, dump cardboard
from a truck onto the big pile, right next to all the other trucks,
unless I wear a regulation hardhat. And an orange vest.

Fluorescent green vests are more common now on construction sites, while
orange was predominant 10 years ago.

Think of the children!

7 minutes per pound at 350°F.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
Old May 19th 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

On 19/05/2010 02:01, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:

Fluorescent green vests are more common now on construction sites, while
orange was predominant 10 years ago.

Doesn't orange have problems with colour-blind people? It looks the same
colour as trees etc, whereas the flou green shows up.

I know on railways here orange is still used, but I'm guessing train
drivers aren't allowed to be colour blind.
Old May 19th 10, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
semi-ambivalent[_2_]

On May 18, 7:01*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
On 5/18/2010 11:20 AM, A. Muzi wrote: Early today I rented a truck to haul our cardboard (no longer allowed in
refuse, mandatory recycling). It's about 5 yards of flattened cardboard..

Bonfire on State Street?

At the recycling depot I was told in no uncertain terms by employee and
foreman that I cannot, ever, not even just a little bit, dump cardboard
from a truck onto the big pile, right next to all the other trucks,
unless I wear a regulation hardhat. And an orange vest.

Fluorescent green vests are more common now on construction sites, while
orange was predominant 10 years ago.

Think of the children!

7 minutes per pound at 350°F.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007

That should be 451°F

sa

Equestrian helmets as bicycle helmets? [email protected][_2_] General 19 December 27th 09 03:56 AM
Consumer Reports on bicycle helmets Les Earnest Techniques 23 May 10th 06 06:00 AM
Dangers of using regular bicycle helmets ? fordfasterr Unicycling 17 April 17th 06 07:19 AM
Large Bicycle Helmets Brian Millson UK 1 August 15th 05 07:33 PM
Large bicycle helmets Michael Australia 6 October 18th 03 11:25 AM