Mountain bike tyres.

Old December 12th 11, 10:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
ian field

Default Mountain bike tyres.

Is it just me or are mountain bike tyre beads looser on the rim?

With an old British pushbike (26x1 3/8 - 590) I have to use tyre levers to
remove the tyre, even if I can refit it without levers.

On the MTB tyre I don't need levers at all, also I have to inflate the
innertube just enough to fill the tyre then centre up the bead in the rim
before pumping up fully - otherwise the innertube pops out and bursts when
pumped up to pressure.

Old December 13th 11, 04:47 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Dec 12, 2:31*pm, "Ian Field"
wrote:
Is it just me or are mountain bike tyre beads looser on the rim?

It's you. Only idiots ride mountain bikes.

With an old British pushbike (26x1 3/8 - 590) I have to use tyre levers to
remove the tyre, even if I can refit it without levers.

On the MTB tyre I don't need levers at all, also I have to inflate the
innertube just enough to fill the tyre then centre up the bead in the rim
before pumping up fully - otherwise the innertube pops out and bursts when
pumped up to pressure.

Good. That will save you from turning yourself into a quadriplegic by
engaging in an idiotic extreme sport.
Old December 13th 11, 02:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
ian field

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Dec 12, 2:31 pm, "Ian Field"
wrote:
Is it just me or are mountain bike tyre beads looser on the rim?

It's you. Only idiots ride mountain bikes.

With an old British pushbike (26x1 3/8 - 590) I have to use tyre levers to
remove the tyre, even if I can refit it without levers.

On the MTB tyre I don't need levers at all, also I have to inflate the
innertube just enough to fill the tyre then centre up the bead in the rim
before pumping up fully - otherwise the innertube pops out and bursts when
pumped up to pressure.

Good. That will save you from turning yourself into a quadriplegic by
engaging in an idiotic extreme sport.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

You are irrelevant.

Old December 13th 11, 04:10 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

wrote:

Is it just me or are mountain bike tyre beads looser on the rim?

It's you. Only idiots ride mountain bikes.

With an old British pushbike (26x1 3/8 - 590) I have to use tyre levers to
remove the tyre, even if I can refit it without levers.

On the MTB tyre I don't need levers at all, also I have to inflate the
innertube just enough to fill the tyre then centre up the bead in the rim
before pumping up fully - otherwise the innertube pops out and bursts when
pumped up to pressure.

Good. That will save you from turning yourself into a quadriplegic by
engaging in an idiotic extreme sport.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

You are irrelevant.

Not as long as mountain bikers keep turning themselves into cripples
and cadavers. It's so interesting that mountain bikers keep trying to
sweep the facts under the rug. Go on keeping your head in the sand.
The rest of you will be there soon....
Old December 13th 11, 05:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
ian field

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vv

Just because you're too stupid to ride a bicycle without keep falling off,
doesn't mean everyone else is.

You could always fit trainer wheels you know.

http://uk.mg40.mail.yahoo.com/neo/la...=9pq6o299a1hi8

Old December 13th 11, 07:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

You are confusing me with mountain bikers, who fall over their bikes
all the time. It's well documented: http://mjvande.nfshost.com/mtb_dangerous.htm.
Go ahead, keep lying. It's all that mountain bikers know how to do.
Old December 13th 11, 08:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
ian field

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

You're the only one complaining how dangerous they are.

How many times have you fallen off and landed on your head so far?

Old December 14th 11, 01:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
T0m Sherm@n

On 12/13/2011 2:16 PM, Ian Field wrote:
"Mike wrote in message
On Dec 13, 9:09 am, "Ian
wrote:
"Mike wrote in message

On Dec 13, 6:37 am, "Ian
wrote:

"Mike wrote in message

On Dec 12, 2:31 pm, "Ian
wrote:

[...]

How many times was Mike Vandeman dumped on his head when he was in jail?

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old December 14th 11, 05:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Isn't that interesting?! Mountain bikers don't want anyone to know how
stupid they are (as if they could hide it!).

How many times have you fallen off and landed on your head so far?

Never. What's YOUR excuse for being brain-dead?
Old December 14th 11, 03:39 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
ian field

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Never.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Well its no surprise you don't remember.