Cycle Registration

Old February 10th 08, 02:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_607_]

Default Cycle Registration

Paul Yates Wrote:

I humbly suggest the honorable MP stick to his shado portfolio topic
of
sports rather than dabbling in infrastruture and transport. He needs
to be
encouraging people to take up sport!"The Hon. MP could do well by studying the collected works of Alan Odds,

President of the National Roads and Cyclists Association.

http://www.mynrca.com.au/

--
cfsmtb

Old February 10th 08, 11:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Paul Yates wrote:
"TimC" wrote

Yeah, and fit people should be made to work longer too, because
otherwise they get more years of retirement where they're only
sucking from society.

Geez, You are a hard lot. Us fit people will have sufficient
retirement funds to not be a financial burden!

It must be time for a fitness test. All those people over 70 who consider
themselves to be fit, please return your pension cheques.

Theo
My dad's a serious drain on society. This May he will have been on the old
age pension for 29 years.

Old February 10th 08, 11:53 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Aeek wrote:
ray wrote:

And where do you draw the line? Do 7 year olds have to pay rego too?
This type of debate degenerates rapidly into farce.

How does it work if its not National? I'm in the ACT. If I cross the
border with my required ACT rego(none), am I ok in looney NSW?

I was 13 when I was stopped for riding an unlicenced bicycle. They gave me a
week to get it licenced.

Theo

Old February 11th 08, 12:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

Theo Bekkers wrote:

Theo
My dad's a serious drain on society. This May he will have been on the old
age pension for 29 years.

Nope, apparently; serious drain is the average medical expenses in the
last two years of life, but not fatal problems.

Old February 11th 08, 12:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

Theo Bekkers wrote:

I was 13 when I was stopped for riding an unlicenced bicycle. They gave me a
week to get it licenced.

In Australia?
Did they check?

Old February 11th 08, 12:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Terryc wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:

I was 13 when I was stopped for riding an unlicenced bicycle. They
gave me a week to get it licenced.

In Australia?
Did they check?

Yes, and yes. All bicycles in WA were licensed to about 1960. Each year you
got a new plate of a different colour so that 'unlicenced' was obvious. They
were also all due on the same date.

Theo

NAUCC Registration Spencer Hochberg Unicycling 0 March 21st 07 02:42 AM
buc registration manic_mark Unicycling 3 May 2nd 06 12:26 AM
BUC Pre-registration joemarshall Unicycling 15 April 15th 06 06:15 PM
Cycle registration plates - soon to be a reality? Matt B UK 26 February 21st 06 06:16 PM
OUI 05 Registration karl Unicycling 8 May 28th 05 07:56 AM