WTB: Campy compatible shimano cassette 8 speed

Old June 11th 05, 06:01 PM

Default WTB: Campy compatible shimano cassette 8 speed

I want to run an 8 speed, campy spaced cassette on some shimano wheels
that I have. Ideally, somebody has like a 13-26 set up that way. If
not, I'll need a loose cog shimamo cassette and the spacers. Its for a
cross bike so I can't use a corn cob. thanks

Old June 12th 05, 12:39 AM
Remove No Spam To Reply

Default Campy compatible shimano cassette 8 speed

Wheels manufacturing makes the spacers you need.
Just a clue they are bright red.

Any 105 or LX 9 speed cassette has small allen bolts in the back that can be
removed for your needs.

I am a former shop owner and use this method myself.

I have a set of spacers that will work.
I have a small wrench that I will throw in with the spacers.

Let me know.......

ups.com...

Old June 12th 05, 08:16 PM
Remove No Spam To Reply

Can't remember the details, ........you know fell on my head a few times
but.......

It seems to me that we mic'd the cogs on the Campy cassette and they were
thicker than the Shimano cogs, thus the spacers were too thin to create the
same cassette height.

I don't have an old campy cassette any longer to measure, nor do I have the
tools.......

Check it out...... or somebody tell me I am wrong.

Been too long to remember all the specs.

Allan

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
I want to run an 8 speed, campy spaced cassette on some shimano wheels
that I have. Ideally, somebody has like a 13-26 set up that way. If
not, I'll need a loose cog shimamo cassette and the spacers. Its for a
cross bike so I can't use a corn cob. thanks

A 105 level loose cog 8s cogset using black Campagnolo 8s spacers works
well.

I have the spacers, can get the cogset.