OT - Obama

Old January 5th 10, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
[email protected][_2_]

Default OT - Obama

On Jan 5, 4:33*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

The trouble with the above is that the elites only number in a few hundreds
of thousands, whereas everyone else numbers in the hundreds of millions.
Numbers count more in the end than the wealth of the few.

Hahahaha. that was actually pretty funny.

Good one
Old January 6th 10, 04:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tim McNamara

In article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 5, 4:33*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

The trouble with the above is that the elites only number in a few
hundreds of thousands, whereas everyone else numbers in the
hundreds of millions. Numbers count more in the end than the wealth
of the few.

Hahahaha. that was actually pretty funny.

Good one

I recall reading a WSJ article (I think it was the WSJ) in which they
reported that something like 17% of Americans thought they were in the
top 1% or top 5% (can't recall which).

--
"I wear the cheese, it does not wear me."
Old January 6th 10, 08:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jim A

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 5, 4:33 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

The trouble with the above is that the elites only number in a few
hundreds of thousands, whereas everyone else numbers in the
hundreds of millions. Numbers count more in the end than the wealth
of the few.

Hahahaha. that was actually pretty funny.

Good one

I recall reading a WSJ article (I think it was the WSJ) in which they
reported that something like 17% of Americans thought they were in the
top 1% or top 5% (can't recall which).

Of the world population they probably are.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old January 7th 10, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tim McNamara

In article ,
Jim A wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 5, 4:33 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

The trouble with the above is that the elites only number in a
few hundreds of thousands, whereas everyone else numbers in the
hundreds of millions. Numbers count more in the end than the
wealth of the few.

Hahahaha. that was actually pretty funny.

Good one

I recall reading a WSJ article (I think it was the WSJ) in which
they reported that something like 17% of Americans thought they
were in the top 1% or top 5% (can't recall which).

Of the world population they probably are.

That ratio may be even more skewed. The CIA Factbook inline contains
information along these lines. There is some fascinating information
there about the comparative performances of various economies. One of
them is that there is very little relationship between taxes and
productivity.

--
"I wear the cheese, it does not wear me."