Giraffe Discussion Thread

Old August 31st 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MT High

Default Giraffe Discussion Thread

Thanks kington, that sounds like a good idea. I saw a tandem with the
left sided crank arm the other day but I just never put 2 and 2
together.

--
MT High
Old August 31st 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MT High

Hazmat wrote:
Well i do know someone from these forums who made some *INSANE* tall
unicycles, unicycles in general and bikes. But i haven't seen him in
ages. I'm referring to iridemymuni (Owen)

I might try someone a bit closer to Melbourne if I can, no offence to
Owen. I think the cost of hauling something that large from Brisbane
might be a bit high. He sounds a bit busy from what he wrote in JC.

--
MT High
Old November 13th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnICycleRoCKs

Hi cool thread. Are giraffes fun? I am thinking of getting one rather
than a trials or in addition to. Does the chain come off ever? And can
the torker tx handle hops and things like that because it's pretty cheap
and I was wondering if you really get what you pay for. Thx

--
UnICycleRoCKs

What is your favorite color?
Blue. No...yelooooooow
From Monty Python Holy Grail
Old November 13th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

You really get what you pay for. You can beef up the wheel though, with
a stronger rim and solid wheel-build, but the drivetrain will still be
that of a giraffe. It's not made for Trials, if that's what you meant. A
little hopping around should be fine though.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old November 13th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Naomi

johnfoss;1130179 wrote:
You really get what you pay for. You can beef up the wheel though, with
a stronger rim and solid wheel-build, but the drivetrain will still be
that of a giraffe. It's not made for Trials, if that's what you meant. A
little hopping around should be fine though.

...although you can still have fun on one. I have a video somewhere
taken a few years ago of Zyllan, when he was about 12, riding a 5 foot
DM down a snow covered sledging slope. The DM is of course tough as old
boots, and would probably, along with the cockroaches, survive a direct
hit nuclear attack.

I bought a second hand DM giraffe myself, very cheaply, a couple of
years ago. It is not an everyday ride though, so very heavy and hard to
transport that I confess to only having ridden it a half dozen times.
At the cheap price it was worth it, but had I paid the full price I
would have probably better spent the money elsewhere. And no, I can't
freemount it.

Nao

--
Naomi

The dress in which I unicycled was not THAT short, but in retrospect, I
think that maybe the blue one would have been more appropriate to the
terrain.
Old November 13th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

I've had my used, stock 5' Sun Giraffe with 20" wheel for over a year
now and just recently started doing some really light trials with it. I
know the stock steel rim and tire probably will be destroyed soon so
what do people recommend to "beef" it up? I guess a lower cost dual wall
rim and some type of wider 20" tire? What are the giraffe trials/street
riders going with? I doubt I'll upgrade to a dual chain as I really
don't plan on riding my giraffe all too much.

--
MuniSano
Old December 30th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

Bondo;1054287 wrote:

My Giraffe has opened for Bill Hicks

Wow.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'Seager'
(http://tinyurl.com/62anrw) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)