I ride an unholy bike!

Old November 6th 09, 06:56 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
His Majesty Comandante Banana King Of The Apes I

Default I ride an unholy bike!

On Nov 6, 1:39 pm, mdb wrote:
What would make a Christian a wolf in your clever quips? Or, how
could a Christian not be a wolf?

Stopping that nonsense about Armageddon, getting active in the world
about the issues like Climate Change, RIDING A BIKE, etc.

Old November 6th 09, 11:21 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Opus the Poet wrote:
On Nov 6, 9:14 am, His Majesty Comandante Banana King Of The Apes I
wrote:
snip
Everybody says they are Christians if you ask them. They try to blend
in with the sheep.

Casual upper classes bike riders have little to do with commuters and
other survivors of the jungle. Most Christians won't even worry about
Climate Change... because the Lord is coming soon.

I have been a Pagan for more than 20 years, thankyewverramuch. I
stopped associating with Christians when my local church started
making noises about having to use everything up by the year 2000 or
God would be ****ed because we still had stuff left over when he came
to wreck the place for renovations. I joined a group that said the
Earth was a sacred object in and of itself, and should be treated
accordingly.

Not a member of the Church of RANS?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old November 6th 09, 11:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
His Majesty Comandante Banana King Of The Apes I

wrote:
[...]

I am a vehicular cyclist.- Hide quoted text -

I think someone has to stand for the Black Sheep to do as they
please...

See, I am encouraging the sheep to become black sheep.

Black sheep is NOT necessarily an Atheist, but also Agnostic, lover
of
LOVE, believer in Merlin or other magicians, the Full Moon, the Sun,
the Stars, the Beach, the Rastas (they still believe loosely in Jah,
but are free to smoke weed and "see" god) and any other magic and
belief --Tantra for example-- that does NOT follow a dying man.
Martyrdom is dangerous and depressing.

So perhaps one day you'll become a Black Sheep, and be proud of it
like me. It's fun doing what you want, even if you sometimes pretend
to go with the flow.

Perhaps someone wants to sing along...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8onbDZmAwhE

Old November 7th 09, 04:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Opus[_2_]

On Nov 6, 6:22 pm, His Majesty Comandante Banana King Of The Apes I
wrote:
snip
Well, welcome to the jungle, not with a hungry lion, but with magic
and cooperation. Merlin the Magician is with us and many other lovers
of freedom, bicycles and the moon.

What's the name of that group you joined?

Sacred Journey Fellowship Unitarian Universalist Church, an Earth-
Centered Unitarian Congregation.

Heck of a name innit?

http://www.sacredjourneyfellowship.org/

I've been with them since 1998, I was a solitary until then.
Old November 7th 09, 04:50 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Opus[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

I have a Fusion and a Stratus, but I don't worship them. Well maybe
after a double metric there's a little praising going on but nothing
more than that.
Old November 8th 09, 12:44 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

wrote:
snip
Well, welcome to the jungle, not with a hungry lion, but with magic
and cooperation. Merlin the Magician is with us and many other lovers
of freedom, bicycles and the moon.

What's the name of that group you joined?

Sacred Journey Fellowship Unitarian Universalist Church, an Earth-
Centered Unitarian Congregation.

Heck of a name innit?

http://www.sacredjourneyfellowship.org/

I've been with them since 1998, I was a solitary until then.

You and Jeff Grippe of ARBR should get together. I think he is a secular nut
and nitwit just like you! I thought all Unitarians had died and gone to Hell
long ago.

You would have been better off to have stayed a solitary. I spent the best
years of my life roosting on high mountain peaks like an eagle staring off
into the distance and contemplating the eternal verities. Life does not get
any finer than that.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 8th 09, 02:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Opus the Poet wrote:
wrote:
[...]

You had to have been on ARBR 10 years ago to understand the "Church of
RANS" [1] humor.

[1] "Shut up and buy a Tailwind" - attributed to Bob Cardone.

Old November 9th 09, 01:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
[...]
You had to have been on ARBR 10 years ago to understand the "Church of
RANS" [1] humor.

[1] "Shut up and buy a Tailwind" - attributed to Bob Cardone.

Anyone but Tom Sherman been on ARBR for 10 years and is still here?

Old November 9th 09, 05:33 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Ron Wallenfang

On Nov 6, 12:10*pm, Dan O wrote:

I don't know, but I regularly pass by a big church near my favorite
coffee shop. *There's a sign at the street that says, "Sanctuary",
with an arrow pointing up the driveway. *Go up the driveway to see
what sanctuary looks like, though, and you are greeted with another
sign that says, "No Bicycle Riding"

Anecdotes don't prove much but since we're trading them I'll mention
the Catholic priest in East Troy, Wis, who has bicycled every day for
over 7000 days. I'm also struck by how little hostility I've
encountered from motorists in almost 300,000 miles of bicycle riding
since 1993, covering the 48 contiguous US states and the 10 provinces
of Canada, and by how little regard many of my fellow bicyclists show
for traffic laws.

The theme that started this thread is:

Bicyclist = atheist = good guy

Motorist = Christian = bad guy

Most bicyclists I think are also motorists which itself renders the
theme impossible. For the rest, all you have is the projection of his
attitudes onto bicyclsts and motorists as a whole.
Old November 9th 09, 06:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Ron Wallenfang wrote:

I'm also struck by [...] how little regard many of my fellow bicyclists show
for traffic laws.

Traffic laws were established to solve problems that were not at that
time, nor are now, attributable to bicyclists. Cyclists who disregard
laws written expressly to mitigate the social disaster caused by cars
are about as big a problem as jaywalkers.

Simple courtesy and common sense are more than adequate to manage
cycle traffic, just like they are for foot traffic.

Chalo