Cygolite Z-Force replacement bulb...

Old December 4th 04, 06:31 AM
Weisse Luft

Default Cygolite Z-Force replacement bulb...

I had a "butterfinger moment" tonight and dropped my Cygolite Z-Force
HID on the ground...sure enough, it broke the bulb. Cygolite does not
sell individual replacement bulbs so one cannot have a replacement on
hand. This is due to product safety and liability issues. Damn...

Not to be stilled, I went out looking. Sure enough, the OEM sells the
same bulb for $120, online and NO MINIMUM ORDER!

Added bonus, you can get either a 13 degree beam exact replacement or a
6 degree spot! Now we are talking!

I sent Cygolite an email to see how much they charge. I doubt they
will be as expensive as the OEM but for $120, a spare might not be a
bad idea. And since volume discounts are available...group purchase?
Get your Paypal info ready!

--
Weisse Luft

Old December 4th 04, 08:07 AM
Zog The Undeniable

Weisse Luft wrote:

Not to be stilled, I went out looking. Sure enough, the OEM sells the
same bulb for $120, online and NO MINIMUM ORDER!

Added bonus, you can get either a 13 degree beam exact replacement or a
6 degree spot! Now we are talking!

I'm sorry...this is good?!

I'll stick to my $5 3W dynamo bulbs, I think - although I resent paying
even that much.

/me awaits Ghost Of Christmas Past
Old December 4th 04, 05:29 PM
Weisse Luft

Zog The Undeniable Wrote:
Weisse Luft wrote:

Not to be stilled, I went out looking. Sure enough, the OEM sells

the
same bulb for $120, online and NO MINIMUM ORDER!

Added bonus, you can get either a 13 degree beam exact replacement or

6 degree spot! Now we are talking!

I'm sorry...this is good?!

I'll stick to my $5 3W dynamo bulbs, I think - although I resent
paying
even that much.

/me awaits Ghost Of Christmas Past

Most any bulb will not survive a 400G impact, even the lowly dynamo
bulbs. HID's have a 1000+ hour MTBF if one doesn't subject them to
such impacts.

--
Weisse Luft

Old December 6th 04, 06:30 PM
Weisse Luft

No one answering the phone, no reply via email. Guess I have to order
replacement from the OEM...

--
Weisse Luft