Local conditions

Old December 18th 07, 04:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Default Local conditions

Well, they aren't very good for cycling. It's cold, the roads are icy,
the snow is deep and I can barely ride my townie on the streets.

But I got out to my usual trails and had a good time anyway.

On Sunday it warmed up to -7 by about 11:00 am so I decided to get out
for a little fun on the trails.

Lots of frost on things:
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4800.jpg

I like the contrast between rocks and snow.
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4839.jpg

Quite a few critter tracks.
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4854.jpg

Rock on! (I just happened to notice this shadow while I was stopped for
a snack)
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4857.jpg

Matt
Old December 18th 07, 05:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

MattB wrote:
Well, they aren't very good for cycling. It's cold, the roads are icy,
the snow is deep and I can barely ride my townie on the streets.

But I got out to my usual trails and had a good time anyway.

On Sunday it warmed up to -7 by about 11:00 am so I decided to get out
for a little fun on the trails.

Lots of frost on things:
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4800.jpg

I like the contrast between rocks and snow.
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4839.jpg

Quite a few critter tracks.
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4854.jpg

Rock on! (I just happened to notice this shadow while I was stopped for
a snack)
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4857.jpg

Matt

Whoops, I meant to add this photo as the "punchline":

http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw//IMG_4859.jpg

Matt
Old December 18th 07, 06:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"MattB" wrote in message
MattB wrote:
Well, they aren't very good for cycling. It's cold, the roads are icy,
the snow is deep and I can barely ride my townie on the streets.

But I got out to my usual trails and had a good time anyway.

On Sunday it warmed up to -7 by about 11:00 am so I decided to get out
for a little fun on the trails.

Lots of frost on things:
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4800.jpg

I like the contrast between rocks and snow.
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4839.jpg

Quite a few critter tracks.
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4854.jpg

Rock on! (I just happened to notice this shadow while I was stopped for a
snack)
http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4857.jpg

Matt

Whoops, I meant to add this photo as the "punchline":

http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw//IMG_4859.jpg

Matt

You're friggen crazy :-) -7? I was cold Saturday hiking at 37F to do
trail work on the BCT and the river crossing was a lot nicer on the ass end
of a horse in the morning than it was wading across in the
afternoon......and as I was putting my shoes on the horses showed up.
BCT is now connected from Highway 74 North to Black Canyon City, Woo
HOOOOOO.

Oops, got distracted. Nice track in the last picture. Amazing how the rear
wheel tracked precisely behind the front wheel. What kind of handlebars are
you running to get such an odd shadow in the next to last photo?

Gary (who will take?)

Old December 18th 07, 07:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

GeeDubb wrote:

"MattB" wrote in message
MattB wrote:
[...]

Creek crossings get a lot easier when it's colder!

Oops, got distracted. Nice track in the last picture. Amazing how the
rear wheel tracked precisely behind the front wheel. What kind of
handlebars are you running to get such an odd shadow in the next to last
photo?

Black Diamond dual adjustable vertical bars. I prefer longer for
climbing and flats and shorter for descents.

Matt
Old December 19th 07, 09:04 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Dec 18, 11:55 am, "GeeDubb" wrote:
"MattB" wrote in message

MattB wrote:
[...]

Gary! Did you get my email?! Please let me know! I got your
"correspondence" and thank you, Hi and hugs to your girls.

CDB in Boise.
Old December 21st 07, 09:46 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On Dec 18, 2:14*pm, MattB wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

"MattB" wrote in message
MattB wrote:
[...]

Matt- Hide quoted text -

Cold is cool,its the melt down and then freeze over at night. The snow
and ice is still around after week. So I leave the scooter parked and
I ride my bike and look at it this way its a workout. So put that
remote down and get off that sofa and ride. One I can't stand a
seasonal ride. Like the school teacher next store chill comes along
bike rack comes off the car and bike gos in storage.
Old December 21st 07, 05:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

wrote in message
On Dec 18, 11:55 am, "GeeDubb" Gary! Did you get my
email?! Please let me know! I got your
"correspondence" and thank you, Hi and hugs to your girls.

CDB in Boise.

Yes Chris. For some reason my replies to you keep bouncing back???

Gary

Old December 22nd 07, 02:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Dec 18, 8:07 am, MattB wrote:
Well, they aren't very good for cycling. It's cold, the roads are icy,
the snow is deep and I can barely ride my townie on the streets.

But I got out to my usual trails and had a good time anyway.

On Sunday it warmed up to -7 by about 11:00 am so I decided to get out
for a little fun on the trails.

Lots of frost on things:http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4800.jpg

I like the contrast between rocks and snow.http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4839.jpg

Quite a few critter tracks.http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4854.jpg

Rock on! (I just happened to notice this shadow while I was stopped for
a snack)http://tinyurl.com/2p2skw/IMG_4857.jpg

Matt

Good stuff, Matt. It's not quite that cold here.

JD