Hub Bearing greese recommendations

Old April 23rd 07, 04:11 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
mike[_3_]

Default Hub Bearing greese recommendations

I am in the process of repacking the bearings in both hubs. The hubs
are using loose bearings, and have not been looked at in a few years.

What type of bearing grease should be used for this?
I was going to use a standard bearing and chassis grease, but I
believe this is a fair bit heavier then what was in the hubs
originally.

Mike
mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Old April 23rd 07, 05:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Shawn

mike wrote:
I am in the process of repacking the bearings in both hubs. The hubs
are using loose bearings, and have not been looked at in a few years.

What type of bearing grease should be used for this?
I was going to use a standard bearing and chassis grease, but I
believe this is a fair bit heavier then what was in the hubs
originally.

I've been using this stuff with good result:

http://www.motorex.com/index.cfm/fus...18-444-855-867

and it comes in Re-Animator green :-)

"Phil" works fine too. See you LBS.

Shawn
Old April 23rd 07, 07:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 23, 8:11 am, mike wrote:
I am in the process of repacking the bearings in both hubs. The hubs
are using loose bearings, and have not been looked at in a few years.

What type of bearing grease should be used for this?
I was going to use a standard bearing and chassis grease, but I
believe this is a fair bit heavier then what was in the hubs
originally.

Mike
mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Phil Wood or Bull Snot.

JD

Old April 24th 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On Apr 23, 11:11 am, mike wrote:
I am in the process of repacking the bearings in both hubs. The hubs
are using loose bearings, and have not been looked at in a few years.

What type of bearing grease should be used for this?
I was going to use a standard bearing and chassis grease, but I
believe this is a fair bit heavier then what was in the hubs
originally.

Mike
mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Standard works but try Kandall Blue Lithium or Super Tech Red your
fall in love.

Old April 24th 07, 06:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On 23 Apr 2007 08:11:22 -0700, mike wrote:

I am in the process of repacking the bearings in both hubs. The hubs
are using loose bearings, and have not been looked at in a few years.

What type of bearing grease should be used for this?

Real men use nothing but grizzly fat.

I was going to use a standard bearing and chassis grease, but I
believe this is a fair bit heavier then what was in the hubs
originally.

Thanks for bringing the newsgroup back to (nitty gritty) reality.

Mike
mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old April 24th 07, 01:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
The real Duty-Honor-Country

Default Mike Vandeman supports killing of grizzly bears.

On Apr 24, 1:44 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On 23 Apr 2007 08:11:22 -0700, mike wrote:

I am in the process of repacking the bearings in both hubs. The hubs
are using loose bearings, and have not been looked at in a few years.

What type of bearing grease should be used for this?

Real men use nothing but grizzly fat.

Bears shouldn't have to be killed for your selfishness.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old April 24th 07, 05:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
tom

On Apr 24, 5:45 am, The real Duty-Honor-Country
wrote:
On Apr 24, 1:44 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On 23 Apr 2007 08:11:22 -0700, mike wrote:

I am in the process of repacking the bearings in both hubs. The hubs
are using loose bearings, and have not been looked at in a few years.

What type of bearing grease should be used for this?

Real men use nothing but grizzly fat.

Bears shouldn't have to be killed for your selfishness.

Then why'd they take 'em off the endangered species list? Tom

Old April 24th 07, 06:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

wrote:
On Apr 24, 1:44 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On 23 Apr 2007 08:11:22 -0700, mike wrote:
I am in the process of repacking the bearings in both hubs. The hubs
are using loose bearings, and have not been looked at in a few years.
What type of bearing grease should be used for this?
Real men use nothing but grizzly fat.

Bears shouldn't have to be killed for your selfishness.

Then why'd they take 'em off the endangered species list? Tom

Nice non-sequitur.

Greg

--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky
Old April 24th 07, 11:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On 24 Apr 2007 05:45:20 -0700, The real Duty-Honor-Country
wrote:

On Apr 24, 1:44 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On 23 Apr 2007 08:11:22 -0700, mike wrote:

I am in the process of repacking the bearings in both hubs. The hubs
are using loose bearings, and have not been looked at in a few years.

What type of bearing grease should be used for this?

Real men use nothing but grizzly fat.

Bears shouldn't have to be killed for your selfishness.

Who said anything about killing? I was referring to liposuction.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old April 25th 07, 02:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

wrote:

On Apr 24, 1:44 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On 23 Apr 2007 08:11:22 -0700, mike wrote:

I am in the process of repacking the bearings in both hubs. The hubs
are using loose bearings, and have not been looked at in a few years.

What type of bearing grease should be used for this?

Real men use nothing but grizzly fat.

Bears shouldn't have to be killed for your selfishness.

Who said anything about killing? I was referring to liposuction.

Wow, Mikey made a funny.

Greg
--
Ticket******* tax tracker:
http://ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

FTS-L Bearing MarcinK UK 0 June 4th 06 09:19 PM
Bearing Help TheoELind Unicycling 10 January 31st 06 06:15 PM
hub bearing pre-load? [email protected] Techniques 26 May 14th 05 09:01 PM
bearing cones Gregory McGuire Techniques 4 August 13th 04 02:19 AM
Bearing holders mgrant Unicycling 13 February 11th 04 04:53 AM