Another Fine Tune Adjusment on my Strada

Old April 8th 09, 07:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
stratrider

Default Another Fine Tune Adjusment on my Strada

I just swapped out my first generation 2003 handlebars on my Bacchetta
Strada for a new set. The combination of changes to the bends and the
length of the segments between the bends along with the narrowing of
the handlbars 18.75 vs 22 inches is a winner!

Jim
Old April 9th 09, 03:16 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Default Another Fine Tune Adjustment on my Strada

stratrider aka Jim Reilly wrote:
I just swapped out my first generation 2003 handlebars on my Bacchetta
Strada for a new set. The combination of changes to the bends and the
length of the segments between the bends along with the narrowing of
the handlbars 18.75 vs 22 inches is a winner!

The first generation Bacchetta handlebars were very wide visually -
looked like something off a huge single-speed cruiser.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old April 10th 09, 01:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Apr 8, 10:16*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

The first generation Bacchetta handlebars were very wide visually -
looked like something off a huge single-speed cruiser.

Absolutely. The narrower handlebars are visually much more
attractive. I was introduced to the bars and Bacchetta's Euromesh
seat at a BROL event in New York probably 3 years ago. Actually, it
was Mark Colliton of Bacchetta that insisted I try his bike after
seeing that I still had the WIDE handlebars and the MISERABLE
fiberglass M5 style seat. Well I got around to swapping the seat
within a year (no more bone jarring, teeth chattering rides). I wish
I had gotten to the bars as quickly!

Tom, it's nice to see you are still here in ARBR land....

Jim Reilly aka stratrider
Reading, PA.... still

Old April 11th 09, 12:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
On Apr 8, 10:16 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

The first generation Bacchetta handlebars were very wide visually -
looked like something off a huge single-speed cruiser.

Absolutely. The narrower handlebars are visually much more
attractive. I was introduced to the bars and Bacchetta's Euromesh
seat at a BROL event in New York probably 3 years ago. Actually, it
was Mark Colliton of Bacchetta that insisted I try his bike after
seeing that I still had the WIDE handlebars and the MISERABLE
fiberglass M5 style seat. Well I got around to swapping the seat
within a year (no more bone jarring, teeth chattering rides). I wish
I had gotten to the bars as quickly!

Tom, it's nice to see you are still here in ARBR land....

Jim Reilly aka stratrider
Reading, PA.... still

As long as Tom Sherman behaves himself, we can all get along. But I am
still here too, ready to pounce on anyone who gets out of hand.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 11th 09, 12:41 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Apr 10, 7:06*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
wrote in message

On Apr 8, 10:16 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

[...]

Ed! I would expect no less from you! Both you and Tom are to be
commended for your loyalty to ARBR. Truth is that I lost interest in
ARBR for quite a while. I can say with 10 years of recumbent riding
behind me that I have never lossed interest in the recumbent. I still
can't get enough of them! Happy riding Ed!

Jim

Tune into G4! NOW! johnfoss Unicycling 0 June 1st 08 08:08 AM
Tune into G4! NOW! unibikeling Unicycling 0 June 1st 08 01:41 AM
He's changed his tune. Simon Mason UK 3 September 4th 06 10:06 AM
how much does a tune up cost? modmans2ndcoming Techniques 14 April 24th 06 06:55 PM
Can I fine-tune the angle with Time Atac cleats ? Hans Techniques 0 July 23rd 05 07:26 PM