Riding with POTUS

Old March 23rd 05, 08:35 PM
Neil Brooks

Rich wrote:

If only he wasn't such a moron....

.. . . and I could kick Lance's @ss on Liege-Baston-Liege . . . on my
late 80's mtb . . . .

Sigh.
Old March 24th 05, 12:35 AM
Jym Dyer

=v= Wow, and the Shrub didn't fall down and blame "a mud puddle"
like he did that one time (in Texas, after weeks of no rain)?

it's quite clear Bush is the real thing on a bike.

=v= So what?

I wouldn't take him to task much on the "mud puddle" remark;
it may have been one of those off-hand things any of us might
have said, an attempt at humor to cover something stupid that
we did.

=v= I find it reflective of an Administration that lies so much
it becomes a conditioned reflex, second nature. They didn't
even have to lie about it, but they did. Pathological.
_Jym_
Old March 24th 05, 01:05 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" writes:
"Jym Dyer" wrote in message
=v= Wow, and the Shrub didn't fall down and blame "a mud puddle"
like he did that one time (in Texas, after weeks of no rain)?
_Jym_

Jym: You may strongly disagree with the Prez (and I won't blame you), but I
spoke with Mike (the guy who rode with Bush and is quoted in the article)
last week, and it's quite clear Bush is the real thing on a bike. I wouldn't
take him to task much on the "mud puddle" remark; it may have been one of
those off-hand things any of us might have said, an attempt at humor to
cover something stupid that we did.

Since the incident occurred on a ranch, the liquid content
of the "mud puddle" may well not have been rain water.

Nobody (especially politicians) wants to admit to slipping
in, and possibly subsequently wearing, bs. It would be
bad optics.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old March 24th 05, 01:06 AM
Tom Sherman

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

In the end, the good news/bad news may be one and the same to many. We have
an exceptionally-fit president who isn't going to drop over dead from eating
too many Twinkies and watching TV instead of getting outside....

Cheney is the real power behind the throne, with Karl Rove pulling the
puppet strings.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Old March 24th 05, 01:08 AM
MJR

Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= Wow, and the Shrub didn't fall down and blame "a mud puddle"
like he did that one time (in Texas, after weeks of no rain)?

it's quite clear Bush is the real thing on a bike.

=v= So what?

I wouldn't take him to task much on the "mud puddle" remark;
it may have been one of those off-hand things any of us might
have said, an attempt at humor to cover something stupid that
we did.

=v= I find it reflective of an Administration that lies so much
it becomes a conditioned reflex, second nature. They didn't
even have to lie about it, but they did. Pathological.
_Jym_

I guarantee you that I hate W more than you do... but, I'll defend him
here.

First off, everyone falls. Esp., off road. Eventually everyone has a
bruise to explain.

Second, there is an interest in not making the president look weak. I
know its a lie, but its called "marketing." I wouldnt have expected
any other president except maybe Jimmy Carter to actually admit that a
human failure led to a crash. It just won't happen.

So, criticize the guy... but take a look at www.freerepublic.com, and
look at the crazy nutty crap that they post there (now that it is no
longer a 'conservative' organization and is actually a
'lap-dog-of-the-bushes' organization). Dont turn into the left wing
equivalent.

There are plenty of things to slam W over. Plenty. Don't wade into
nutty-land.

Old March 24th 05, 01:37 AM
Tom Sherman

MJR wrote:

Jym Dyer wrote:

[...]

This proves that the audience is not composed of real off-road cyclists.
If one does not crash and bleed, it is a sign of not trying hard enough,
whether on is a clumsy oaf on a mountain bike (yours truly) or one of
the top professional racers.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Old March 24th 05, 01:40 AM
Mark Hickey

"S o r n i" wrote:

catzz66 wrote:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

In the end, the good news/bad news may be one and the same to many.
We have an exceptionally-fit president who isn't going to drop over
dead from eating too many Twinkies and watching TV instead of
getting outside.

... or one who smokes big fat cigars.

Seasoned by a big fat...

Don't put up posts like that before supper! *hack*

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old March 24th 05, 03:33 AM
RonSonic

On 23 Mar 2005 17:08:22 -0800, "MJR" wrote:

Jym Dyer wrote:
[...]

Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS), that futile sputtering rage that renders our
political opponents impotent and distrusted, is the best weapon we of the Vast
Rightwing Conspiracy have ever had. Your attempts to expose our evil plot to
drive our opponents into acting like a bunch of bitter, hateful whackoes who
will never be elected by the public will fail. Not because you aren't telling
the truth and certainly not because you lack an intelligent and mature outlook
on things. It's because they just won't freeking listen. Those who suffer BDS
will hear you and say "but what about...." or "and another thing..." and go
blithering off about how, well you know "he lied about a bike fall" or "and
what's that thing under his shirt" and all like that.

The reason I know this is the painful experience of the Clinton years when I saw
otherwise sane people just hate the guy so bad it hurt. And boy it did hurt them
a lot more than it did Slick Willie.

Ron
Old March 24th 05, 05:13 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

In the end, the good news/bad news may be one and the same to many. We
have an exceptionally-fit president who isn't going to drop over dead
from eating too many Twinkies and watching TV instead of getting
outside....

Cheney is the real power behind the throne, with Karl Rove pulling the
puppet strings.

Not trying to disagree with you ('cuz I don't, but I can't say that in a
public forum, being in retail business), but this isn't about politics. It's
about a guy having fun on a mountain bike and coming away with a fish story.
The one that got away, whatever. We'd case on a guy for that?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old March 24th 05, 12:48 PM
MJR

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
It's about a guy having fun on a mountain bike and coming away with a

fish story. The one that got away, whatever. We'd case on a guy for
that?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Best statement of the thread.

Riding with North joe Unicycling 0 January 30th 05 02:51 PM
Can Riding a Recumbent Cause a Hernia? Dom Recumbent Biking 4 November 30th 04 05:58 AM
riding the whole Hudson River Ken Roberts Rides 33 October 25th 04 08:48 PM
MUni riding – Eastern Kentucky - weekend of April 23-25 billham Unicycling 5 January 26th 04 03:45 AM
Lights for Road Riding Ken Huizenga Techniques 278 January 22nd 04 02:04 PM