Study finds sports drinks very bad for the teeth

Old March 23rd 05, 11:55 PM
Ben Kaufman

Default Study finds sports drinks very bad for the teeth

"Sports and energy drinks such as Gatorade and Red Bull are popular with the
health conscious.

But dental researchers are warning that they can be extremely bad for your
teeth, much worse than soft drinks, which are often described as cavity-causing.
....."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...INK23/TPHealth

Ben
Old March 24th 05, 01:33 AM
Ken

Ben Kaufman wrote in
:
"Sports and energy drinks such as Gatorade and Red Bull are popular with
the health conscious.

Is that news? For years, my dentist has been telling me to brush my teeth as
soon as I get home from a bike ride and also to rinse with tap water at rest
stops.
Old March 24th 05, 12:53 PM
Peter Cole

Ben Kaufman wrote:
"Sports and energy drinks such as Gatorade and Red Bull are popular

with the
health conscious.

But dental researchers are warning that they can be extremely bad for

your
teeth, much worse than soft drinks, which are often described as

cavity-causing.

In addition to disolving enamel, the acid that those drinks are loaded
with tends to upset the stomach when consumed for any length of time.
All-in-all, really nasty stuff.

Bicycle helmets help prevent serious head injury among children, part one. John Doe UK 3 November 30th 04 03:46 PM
Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM