Critical Mass and Time up: Bike origanization

Old March 28th 05, 09:15 PM

Default Critical Mass and Time up: Bike origanization

http://criticalmassrides.info/
http://www.times-up.org/cm.php

CM and TU and bikers organization. Their goal is promoting
a riding a bicycle. I gotta strange feeling about this!!!!
Are these folks a regular biker or are they just
show up in once a month for one big social gathering and making big
noise in street like having big parading something? I think the it's
rather. I don't beliveve these folks are a regular biker.
First they come from all over the NY city. They drive a big
fat-ass truck and carry a bike and show up in one gathering place.
They all ride together in one single street. Is this bike ride
or parade? It's parade. NO wonder NYPD decleared as illegal parade and
arrested them and confiscated their bike. However, my main point is
these CM and TU folks are NOT biker. They are big fat-ass SUV and truck
driver just like any normal American both conservative or liberal folk
do. This is an American lifestyle and how in the world these folk
promote riding a bike? You don't think these folk don't drive a car do
you??? They do mostly SUV, truck or van. CM and TU is one big liberal
joke.

Do you know who are the real biker in America? I mean the folk
who rides a bike 99% of time. They are poor and homeless and
underclass. They are the real biker of America. They are the folk
who can't afford car and gasoline so they depend on bike.

It's literally impossible to encourage bike ride for Americans. It is
not a matter of choice between car or bike. It's matter of
comfortable/convenient which fits the lifestyle shaped by an econmoic
status. These liberal CM and TU folks encourage public to ride a bike
is one big joke. Would these folks trade their car and totally depend
on bicycle?

Old March 29th 05, 12:05 AM
Jym Dyer

=v= Interesting rant. Not a shred of accuracy in it, of course,
but I appreciate the sheer frothing effort put into spewing it.

=v= Two questions: (1) If Critical Mass and TIME'S UP! are
driving big fat-ass SUVs, trucks, and vans, where are we parking
them? (2) If the people on Critical Mass are driving big
fat-ass SUVs, trucks, and vans, won't the resulting impact on
traffic be much, much, much higher than that of Critical Mass
itself?
_Jym_

Old March 29th 05, 04:25 AM
Leo Lichtman

"Jym Dyer" wrote; Interesting rant. Not a shred of accuracy in it, of
course, but I appreciate the sheer frothing effort put into spewing it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What a wonderful description.

Old March 29th 05, 09:37 AM

Interesting trolling but Critical Mass couldn't ride a bike from
their home to
the parade site cuz they are just too fat ride a long distance. These
CM and TU folks are troller in street like what you doing here...

Old March 29th 05, 02:28 PM
Maggie

Jym Dyer wrote:
=v= Interesting rant. Not a shred of accuracy in it, of course,
but I appreciate the sheer frothing effort put into spewing it.

=v= Two questions: (1) If Critical Mass and TIME'S UP! are
driving big fat-ass SUVs, trucks, and vans, where are we parking
them? (2) If the people on Critical Mass are driving big
fat-ass SUVs, trucks, and vans, won't the resulting impact on
traffic be much, much, much higher than that of Critical Mass
itself?
_Jym_

Have you noticed alot commercials for SUV's have people riding bikes
then throwing them in the back of their SUV to get home. I have seen
alot of them lately. Also bikes on top of SUV's being taken to the
country to do some radical Mountain biking. One commercial shows two
guys doing some extreme biking then finishing by loading the bike in
the SUV and driving off.
All Good Things,
Maggie

Old March 29th 05, 11:12 PM
Jym Dyer

Have you noticed alot commercials for SUV's have people riding
bikes then throwing them in the back of their SUV to get home.

=v= I don't have a TV, but when I see one in somebody else's
house, there always seems to be an ad like this, trying to make
SUVs seem cool by showing their drivers on bikes. Then I saw
a similar commercial that seemed to suggest that not even an
SUV sufficed; what you really need is an RV!

=v= Remember a few years back, when Ahhnold Schwarzenegger came
to NYC so that he and Rudy Giuliani could hype the Humvee? To
show how cool they were, the put a pair of bikes on the roof.
_Jym_
Old March 30th 05, 06:40 AM

What's cool about that? You don't need a SUV to carry a bike.
The commerical is misleading the fact that you can carry a bike
in any car. I carry my bike in Honda Civic. But I have to release
a front wheel to fit in rear seat. Wasn't that really really cool?
Probably i'm only guy carry a bike in small car. No SUV. No Van
require!

Old March 30th 05, 08:03 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On 29 Mar 2005 05:28:25 -0800 in rec.bicycles.misc, "Maggie"
wrote:

One commercial shows two
guys doing some extreme biking then finishing by loading the bike in
the SUV and driving off.

i've never understood that. it's like driving to the gym to walk
on a treadmill. JUST RIDE THE DAMN THING.