Coker Discussion Thread

Old December 26th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Default Coker Discussion Thread

Chrashing wrote:
Banked turns/circles are awesome.

they're even more fun at high speeds when the ground is slick(today was
fun there was snow!!)

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(http://www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle/products)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 26th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Hey all, just finished editing my new Coker video called: "A Coker
Canyon Christmas" shot this morning in the Santa Monica Mountains. I
got some cool footage and probably the best & funniest comments yet! It
should be up soon in the vid section!

--
MuniAddict

My Videos:

'http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699
Old December 26th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

MuniAddict wrote:
Hey all, just finished editing my new Coker video called: "A Coker
Canyon Christmas" shot this morning in the Santa Monica Mountains. I
got some cool footage and probably the best & funniest comments yet! It
should be up soon in the vid section!

YAY!!! I have about a minutes worth of video testing my new helmet cam
on my coker I still haven't quite figured out how to mount it with the
least amount of wiggling so the helmet cam shots are really wiggly but
the camera is an ATC 2K from Oregon Scientific, and for anly about $100
it's a pretty good camera I can mount it on my helmet, my arm, my
unicycle practically anywhere and it records to an SD card.... pretty
nice waterproof up to 10 feet..... I'll have my video up soon as well
(there's snow in mine!!!)

Old December 26th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Ducttape wrote:
YAY!!! I have about a minutes worth of video testing my new helmet cam
on my coker I still haven't quite figured out how to mount it with the
least amount of wiggling so the helmet cam shots are really wiggly but
the camera is an ATC 2K from Oregon Scientific, and for anly about $100
it's a pretty good camera I can mount it on my helmet, my arm, my
unicycle practically anywhere and it records to an SD card.... pretty
nice waterproof up to 10 feet..... I'll have my video up soon as well
(there's snow in mine!!!)

Finally! I figured out how to get all the helemt camera footage
convereted into quicktime files from AVI files, then spent a REALLY
long time problem solving iMovie because the effect I wanted to use
wasn't working but here it is! my helmet camera test and a 'White
Christmas Coker ride!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2564FxUmyn0)
figured I'd post it here first like Terry did.

Old December 26th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Ducttape wrote:
Finally! I figured out how to get all the helemt camera footage
convereted into quicktime files from AVI files, then spent a REALLY
long time problem solving iMovie because the effect I wanted to use
wasn't working but here it is! my helmet camera test and a 'White
Christmas Coker ride!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2564FxUmyn0)
figured I'd post it here first like Terry did.

Nice! The only think I have against the helmet cam is that you can't see
the rider or the coker. That's why if I want some POV stuff, I just
hold the camera as far back as possible--while I'm riding--so the
viewer can at least see part of the coker in the shot.

You could also maybe try aiming the camera down more to show at least
some of your coker as you're riding. Was it slippery on the road with
all the snow?

Old December 26th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

MuniAddict wrote:
Nice! The only think I have against the helmet cam is that you can't see
the rider or the coker. That's why if I want some POV stuff, I just
hold the camera as far back as possible--while I'm riding--so the
viewer can at least see part of the coker in the shot.

You could also maybe try aiming the camera down more to show at least
some of your coker as you're riding. Was it slippery on the road with
all the snow?

it was pretty slippery but it was great fun.... well other than the
fact that it got really cold, and I'm still experimenting with the
camera, it came with a bunch of different ways to mount it I could even
mount it on my arm or my T7 if I wanted I just strapped it to my helmet
quickly for the test. The only way for me to have angled the camera
down where it was mounted would to have been to look down.

Old December 27th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bob1993

Ducttape wrote:
YAY!!! I have about a minutes worth of video testing my new helmet cam
on my coker I still haven't quite figured out how to mount it with the
least amount of wiggling so the helmet cam shots are really wiggly but
the camera is an ATC 2K from Oregon Scientific, and for anly about $100
it's a pretty good camera I can mount it on my helmet, my arm, my
unicycle practically anywhere and it records to an SD card.... pretty
nice waterproof up to 10 feet..... I'll have my video up soon as well
(there's snow in mine!!!)

oooo i got that exact same camera for christmas. idk how to even put it
on my helmet. ill figure it out

--
bob1993

unifreak7 wrote:
I just want to say, look what i've done outside of the unicyclist.com
world. It's possible to make money off of this guys, it's possible to
do anything with this sport. WE HAVE A HUGE UNTAPPED MARKET! TAP IT!!!
-Shaun Johanneson

'my latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dK_TsSoHw0)
'2nd Most Replies!!!'
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 27th 07, 05:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

bob1993 wrote:
oooo i got that exact same camera for christmas. idk how to even put it
on my helmet. ill figure it out

the little plastic piece with the slits in it you can feed the velcro
through the slits and then strap the velcro down through some holes in
your helmet.

Old December 27th 07, 06:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bob1993

Ducttape wrote:
YAY!!! I have about a minutes worth of video testing my new helmet cam
on my coker I still haven't quite figured out how to mount it with the
least amount of wiggling so the helmet cam shots are really wiggly...

try hooking it with the rubber thingy. it works good for me

--
bob1993

Old December 27th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

bob1993 wrote:
try hooking it with the rubber thingy. it works good for me

I was going to try putting the rubber thing under the velcro thing