Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park Is Cracking Down on Illegal Mountain Biking!

Old February 3rd 09, 03:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park Is Cracking Down on Illegal Mountain Biking!

WARNING TO Mountain Bikers

The area of Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park which lies between
Highway Nine and UCSC has always been closed to bikes and dogs due to
the sensitive habitat. The Ranger staff has not been enforcing the
rule (CCR 4360) due to the lack of staffing. However, staffing is back
up to levels which will allow us to enforce the NO BIKE rules for this
section of the park.

Starting Sunday, February 18, 2009, any bike entering or leaving the
above listed section of Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park may receive a
citation for riding in an Area Closed To Bicycles (CCR 4360) and
Destruction of Plants (CCR 4306) . We are allowing a few weeks to
adjust to the renewed enforcement and encourage you to use the
designated trails of UCSC and Pogonip for your “Single Track” riding.

If this flyer is on your windshield, we have recorded your license
plate as proof of notification.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 3rd 09, 04:42 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
rockin dude

Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

good luck there jerky
Old February 5th 09, 12:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Default wild dogs not aloud in the wilderness?

On Feb 2, 9:27*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

for other homesexual activity visit
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Hmmm. By dogs. Domestic or wild? probably both. If wild dogs...are you
not hampering in the wilderness by not allowing the natural
environment to live and adjust?

Old February 5th 09, 05:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:43:20 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

[...]

Dogs aren't native to North America. Wolves are.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 5th 09, 12:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

wrote:
[...]

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande- Hide quoted text -

Wrong again dumbass. The dog is a canine that is a domesticated
subspecies of the gray wolf. Before you continually make an ass out of
yourself CHEF. Look up the info. You are so incredibly stupid with
lies that you make it easy to cut down. So once again...my pun eludes
you anyways.

So I guess the question is Are dogs not ALOUD in the wilderness. Or
Why wouldn't wild (feral) dogs not be allowed in this wilderness.
You're an idiot mikey
Old February 5th 09, 05:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:
[...]

Right, and by definition, domesticated species are not wildlife and
don't belong in the wild.

Before you continually make an ass out of
yourself CHEF.

LIAR.

Still waiting for your explanation of why you deliberately LIED,
Walter Skrzypek :

"I found this picture of Mike Vanderman protesting a bike race...he is
trying to run down the biker...that crazy Mike!! He's always good for
a laugh.

http://bikehugger.com/images/blog/nugget-thumb.jpg"

You aren't going to live this down, until you admit your dishonesty.

Old February 5th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
D. Stussy

What's shutting them up? Do they run around with muzzles on? Who muzzled
them?

Old February 5th 09, 10:11 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

wrote:
[...]

How is he lying? It's no different than you saying I am a mountain
biker.

Old February 5th 09, 10:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

wrote:
[...]

Which one is Michael Vandeman, the one on the bike or the one running?
Old February 6th 09, 02:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande-Hide quoted text -

Wrong again dumbass. The dog is a canine that is a domesticated
subspecies of the gray wolf.

Right, and by definition, domesticated species are not wildlife and
don't belong in the wild.

Ā*Look up the info. You are so incredibly stupid withlies that you make it easy to cut down. So once again...my pun eludes
you anyways.

So I guess the question is Are dogs not ALOUD in the wilderness. Or
Why wouldn't wild (feral) dogs not be allowed in this wilderness.
You're an idiot mikey

for more homesexual activity visit my web site.
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande- Hide quoted text -

mikey vandeman, are trying to say again you are Mike Vanderman? Don't
go there...you are not the fine spefiman in that photo. I have
included much information in the bottom regarding DOGS. I stated
above...why wouldn't feral DOGS be allowed in the wildnerness areas?
Read the def of DOG again and you will come to understand there are
different types. It is not just a domesticated subspecies but much
more. You are playing in my area of education now. Not culinary arts
that you know. Chef. Now, domesticated like a cat being let into the
loose like you did? and last time i checked...feral is wild, Read the
bottom. The term refers to both feral (which is wild for mikey) and
domesticated...so your sociopathic mind is wrong once again. or a
blatant lie as we have seen all along with all your posts. The real
question is if you were a canis lupus familiaris...would you be a dog
or a bitch. the answer is clear...bitch. As I stated. Look it up
before spouting off. You are Dumb.

The dog (Canis lupus familiaris)[1] is a domesticated subspecies of
the gray wolf, a mammal of the Canidae family of the order Carnivora.
The term can also be used more generally to encompass any member of
the biological family Canidae, the Genus Caninae (also called "true
dogs"). When referring to Canis lupus familiaris, the term is used to
specify both feral and pet varieties. The domestic dog has been one of
the most widely kept working and companion animals in human history.
There are estimated to be 400 million dogs in the world.[2]

The dog has developed into hundreds of varied breeds. Height measured
to the withers ranges from a few inches in the Chihuahua to a few feet
in the Irish Wolfhound; color varies from white through grays (usually
called blue) to black, and browns from light (tan) to dark ("red" or
"chocolate") in a wide variation of patterns; coats can be very short
to many centimeters long, from coarse hair to something akin to wool,
straight or curly, or smooth.[3] It is common for most breeds to shed
this coat, but non-shedding breeds are also popular.

Dog is the common use term that refers to members of the subspecies
Canis Familiaris. The term is sometimes used to refer to a wider range
of species: it can be used to refer to any mammal belonging to the
family Canidae, which includes wolves, foxes, jackals and coyotes; or
it can be used to refer to the tribe of Caninae, also often called the
"true dogs." Some members of the family have "dog" in their common
names, such as the Raccoon Dog and the African Wild Dog. A few animals
have "dog" in their common names but are not canids, such as the
prairie dog and the dog fish.

The English word dog can be traced back to the Old English docga, a
"powerful breed of canine".[4] The term may derive from Proto-Germanic
*dukkŨn, represented in Old English finger-docce ("finger-muscle").[5]
Due to the linguistically archaic structure of the word, the term dog
may ultimately derive from the earliest layer of Proto-Indo-European
vocabulary, reflecting the role of the dog as the earliest
domesticated animal.[6]

The English word hound is cognate to other Germanic terms, including
German Hund, Dutch hond, common Scandinavian hund, and Icelandic
hundur which, though referring to a specific breed group in English,
means "dog" in general in the other Germanic languages. Hound itself
is derived from the Proto-Indo-European *kwon-, which is also the
direct root of the Greek ĪŗĻ…Ļ‰Ī½ (kuŨn) and the indirect root of the
Latin canis through the variant form *kani-.[7]

In breeding circles, a male canine is referred to as a dog, while a
female is called a bitch. The father of a litter is called the sire,
and the mother is called the dam. Offspring are generally called pups
or puppies until they are about a year old. A group of offspring is a
litter. The process of birth is whelping. Many terms are used for dogs
that are not purebred

Predation
Although wild dogs, like wolves, are apex predators, they can be
killed in territory disputes with wild animals[41]. Furthermore, in
areas where dogs and other large predators are sympatric, dogs can be
a major food source for big cats or canines. Reports from Croatia
indicate that dogs are killed more frequently than sheep. Wolves in
Russia apparently limit feral dog populations. In Wisconsin, more
compensation has been paid for dog losses than livestock.[41] Some
wolf pairs have been reported to prey on dogs by having one wolf lure
the dog out into heavy brush where the second animal waits in ambush.
[42] In some instances, wolves have displayed an uncharacteristic
fearlessness of humans and buildings when attacking dogs, to the
extent that they have to be beaten off or killed.[43] Coyotes have
also been known to attack dogs. Approximately 3 to 5 pets attacked by
coyotes, mostly dogs, are brought into the Animal Urgent Care hospital
of South Orange County, California each week.[44] Big cats have been
recorded to kill dogs. Leopards in particular are known to have a
predilection for dogs, and have been recorded to kill and consume them
regardless of the dog's size or ferocity.[45] Unlike sympatric
leopards, tigers in India seldom prey on dogs, though in Manchuria,
Indochina, Indonesia, and Malaysia, tigers are reputed to kill dogs
with the same vigour as leopards.[46] Additionally, Striped Hyenas are
major predators of village dogs in Turkmenistan, India, and the
Caucasus.[47]