Seen elsewhere "Give cyclists room" car stickers

Old February 25th 06, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Seen elsewhere "Give cyclists room" car stickers

No connection with this at all but I like the idea;

http://www.givecyclistsroom.co.uk/

If anyone else wants one I could order a few and save p/p

Old February 25th 06, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

MartinM wrote:

No connection with this at all but I like the idea;

http://www.givecyclistsroom.co.uk/

If anyone else wants one I could order a few and save p/p

Sorry, no can do. My car has a bendy plastic rear window...
Old February 25th 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

I've often thought that if I'm out driving me motor and a cyclist getting
hit by another car I could offer myself as a "dispassionate" witness. With
one of these stickers I'm revealing my allegiance, thereby diminishing the
value of my evidence.

I've thought about it a bit more and blow it! I reckon it's such a super
idea I'm ganna pass this link around our club and see if we can't put in an
order for a couple of dozen.

Fine idea , good lnik, thank you Martin.

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

ups.com...

Old February 25th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

John Clayton wrote:
I've often thought that if I'm out driving me motor and a cyclist getting
hit by another car I could offer myself as a "dispassionate" witness. With
one of these stickers I'm revealing my allegiance, thereby diminishing the
value of my evidence.

I've thought about it a bit more and blow it! I reckon it's such a super
idea I'm ganna pass this link around our club and see if we can't put in an
order for a couple of dozen.

Fine idea , good lnik, thank you Martin.

I'm going to order some anyway; will sell them at my October AUK ride
(for which I've just had the first entry!)

Old February 26th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article . com,
(MartinM) wrote:

No connection with this at all but I like the idea;

http://www.givecyclistsroom.co.uk/

If anyone else wants one I could order a few and save p/p

I don't own a car but would like a 'Dickhead At The Wheel' sticker to slap
on the rear window of the next idiot I see talking on a mobile while
driving a car with a 'Baby On Board' sticker in the rear window.

Does this stuff happen in the rest of the country or do all the morons
gravitate to London?

Old February 26th 06, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

It was round about Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:47 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),,
when the famed Terry of the dreaded was struck by a sudden insight:

In article . com,
(MartinM) wrote:

No connection with this at all but I like the idea;

http://www.givecyclistsroom.co.uk/

If anyone else wants one I could order a few and save p/p

I don't own a car but would like a 'Dickhead At The Wheel' sticker to slap
on the rear window of the next idiot I see talking on a mobile while
driving a car with a 'Baby On Board' sticker in the rear window.

I believe that the majority of vehicles with "Child on board stickers"
are correct: it's just that in over 80% of cases, it's at the wheel

Does this stuff happen in the rest of the country or do all the morons
gravitate to London?

It's not just London, there are patches all over the places. I have my
own personal measure, the ACK quotient (arsehole count per kilometer).

It runs at around 3 in London, drops off outside the M25, another
sharp rise to about 2.5 in Reading. It doesn't really drop to well
under 1 until you're north of Lancaster, but I haven't completed my
survey yet.
--
PacMan
"I loathe people who keep dogs.
Old February 26th 06, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"David Martin" wrote in message
ups.com...

Terry wrote:
I don't own a car but would like a 'Dickhead At The Wheel' sticker to
slap
on the rear window of the next idiot I see talking on a mobile while
driving a car with a 'Baby On Board' sticker in the rear window.

'Baby on board' translates as 'stressed, sleep deprived and distracted
driver - keep clear'

..d

Indeed it does. The original idea behind the 'baby on board' sticker was a
good one. In the case of car crash, it meant the fire crews knew to look for
a child trapped in the wreckage. A *small* child which could otherwise
easily be obscured from view and the sticker was supposed to be placed in
the window immediately adjacent where the baby would be 'seated'. But of
course... the stickers aren't removed when the baby is not on board, thus
detracting from their usefulness.

Cheers, helen s

Old February 26th 06, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:

Indeed it does. The original idea behind the 'baby on board' sticker was
a good one. In the case of car crash, it meant the fire crews knew to
look for a child trapped in the wreckage.

Didn't realise that, but the way they're "used" now is a real pet
peeve. It's all right for people to drive into the back of /me/,
but not you with your yellow sign. Grrrrr.

However, if I was towing a moppet trailer behind the bike I'd think
about popping one on the back, as it may well concentrate the minds
of passing motorists to leave a little more space. Which makes me
a sad case of double standards to some degree, but so be it...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old February 26th 06, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:19:23 +0000 (UTC), "wafflycat"
wrote:

"David Martin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Terry wrote:
I don't own a car but would like a 'Dickhead At The Wheel' sticker to
slap
on the rear window of the next idiot I see talking on a mobile while
driving a car with a 'Baby On Board' sticker in the rear window.

'Baby on board' translates as 'stressed, sleep deprived and distracted
driver - keep clear'

..d

Indeed it does. The original idea behind the 'baby on board' sticker was a
good one. In the case of car crash, it meant the fire crews knew to look for
a child trapped in the wreckage. A *small* child which could otherwise
easily be obscured from view and the sticker was supposed to be placed in
the window immediately adjacent where the baby would be 'seated'. But of
course... the stickers aren't removed when the baby is not on board, thus
detracting from their usefulness.

Au contrai The* original* use was in winnebagos (sp?), some US
examples of which are easily as big as a 1 bed flat, with more nooks
and crannies, in which to lose a miniature soap-dodger in the event of
a crash.

Four Cyclists Killed in Wales Edward Dolan Recumbent Biking 0 January 24th 06 12:49 PM
More anti-cyclist drivel in the Times wafflycat UK 142 January 14th 06 05:46 PM
water bottles,helmets Mark General 191 July 17th 05 04:05 PM
Triathlon Australia selling 'Watch for Cyclists' car stickers.. hippy Australia 5 June 25th 04 09:38 AM
MP wants cyclists banned-Morn. Pen. rickster Australia 10 June 1st 04 01:22 AM