FS: '95 Team Motorola Merckx MX Leader

Old November 12th 03, 03:55 AM
Greg

Default FS: '95 Team Motorola Merckx MX Leader

Rideable History. 95 Motorola MX Leader ridden by Frankie Andreu in
Spring Classics. Back up bike for the 95 Tour de France. (I bought it
from him - his name is on the top tube). Merckx Columbus MX Leader
frame 60 cm X 60 cm, Dura Ace 8 spd. Wheelset from a few years
earlier: Wolber tubular rims laced to 32 hole Dura Ace hubs with
Motorola and Wolber race decals. Straight and true. CXP 30 clincher
rims laced to Dura Ace hubs also available. Original Cinelli deep drop
bars (44 cm outside to outside) with Cinelli Grammo Ti Quill Stem (12
cm stem - not rideable; it was frozen in head tube when purchased and
had to be drilled out. I kept it for if and when the bike went on the
wall rather than the road). Currently set up with ttt prima 220 bars
(46 cm outside to outside) and Nitto technomic 11 cm quill stem.
Syncros 12 cm quill stem also available. Choice of seatposts: it came
from Frankie with a sawed off Suntour post or you can have a dura ace
post that I bought. Saddle is Frankie's old Turbo saddle or much
newer Max flight. Cranks are 175 with 53/42 and 39 rings. Dura Ace
12-25 8 speed cogset. Pedals are original Shimano PD 7401 look style.
I bought the bike in 1999 directly from Frankie. Ridden only
occasionally on sunny days. The bike rides and functions great. It
exhibits the scars of battle however, with scratches and some dings
(one in top tube and one in seat tube). Found the wheels elsewhere on
the net. Both sets are in good condition and should last quite
awhile. I've invested around $2000.00 in the bike. Pictures are
available for serious inquiries. Make a fair offer and it can be
yours.

Thanks, Greg Costello