Congratulations Floyd!!

Old August 15th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Froid Landis

Default Congratulations Floyd!!

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10712.0.html

Are you gonna dedicate this one to Andy, too? You are an Asswipe.

Old August 15th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Froid Landis wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10712.0.html

Are you gonna dedicate this one to Andy, too? You are an Asswipe.

His response, one-note-wonder, was:

August 15th, 2006

Dear Andy, John, my teammates and staff:

When I joined the Phonak Cycling team, it was our ultimate goal to win
the Tour de France. On Sunday, July 23rd, 2006, we achieved that goal.

With the dedication and support of the entire team and staff, we
overcame impossible odds to make the 2006 Tour de France one of the
most exciting races in its history. When the race arrived in Paris on
the final day, we had the Yellow Jersey.

Winning the tour with Phonak makes me very proud. Andy, you have
assembled an excellent organization, staff and team. You never wavered
in your commitment to the team and your athletes despite the struggles
you've faced in the past. It makes me happy to have won the Tour with
and for Phonak. You deserved to be on the podium with me.

While the recent allegations against me hurt us all, I respect the fact
that the Phonak team must follow its own rules and charter under these
circumstances. I just wish that all the parties involved would do the
same. Despite this, I will not relent on my pursuit of the truth. I
will not shy away from this fight.

Most of all, I understand that this situation impacts families and
friends other than my own. It affects the businesses and sponsors that
support cycling as well as the sport itself. It is for this reason that
I am determined to show that I followed the rules and won fairly and
cleanly. There is a greater integrity at stake here than just my own.

I thank you all for your support and courage as I embark on this
journey to restore my name, the team's name and the image of cycling.

Thanks,

Floyd Landis

2006 Tour de France Champion

Old August 15th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
Froid Landis wrote:
[...]

Yep, that Landis sure sounds like an asshole.

(sarcasm intended)

Fred

Old August 15th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Nancy2

Froid Landis wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10712.0.html

Are you gonna dedicate this one to Andy, too? You are an Asswipe.

friends other than my own. It affects the businesses and sponsors that
support cycling as well as the sport itself. It is for this reason that
I am determined to show that I followed the rules and won fairly and
cleanly. There is a greater integrity at stake here than just my own.

I thank you all for your support and courage as I embark on this
journey to restore my name, the team's name and the image of cycling.

Thanks,

Floyd Landis

2006 Tour de France Champion

Yep, that Landis sure sounds like an asshole.

(sarcasm intended)

Fred

I'm still with Roll - no way did he do any doping, natural or
artificial, in this race or any other. However, Roll says cycling is
the most drug-free of all sports because of the testing. Uh, no, that
would be F1, IRL and NASCAR auto racing, Bob. Still, you make a strong
case for your view, and I've got the same one, Pollyanna that I am.

N.

Old August 15th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Nancy2 wrote:
Froid Landis wrote:
[...]

Roll has the most to lose by breaking the wall of silence. He has a
steady broadcasting gig. If he were to become part of the news and
start elaborating on the activities of 7-11 and Motorola, he'd lose
that gig. Roll is not the guy to seek perspective from. Great guy,
but trust me, he's part of the system (as an alumni).

Old August 15th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bob sullivan

Nancy2 wrote:
Froid Landis wrote:

[...]

NASCAR's a sport???

~bob
Old August 17th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Roger Houston

Default Floyd in Outdoor Magazine

There was a puff piece about Floyd in "Outdoor" awhile back.

In it, he was pictured wearing a fur coat. A Letter to the Editor took him
to task for this, asking how Floyd could look his dog in the eye after
wearing this coat.

I wrote a letter in reply stating that Floyd doesn't have dog, he has a
sheep, and that if he were to try to look his sheep in the eye he'd break
its neck.

They probably won't print it...

Old August 17th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Marty

Roger Houston wrote:

snip...

I wrote a letter in reply stating that Floyd doesn't have dog, he has a
sheep, and that if he were to try to look his sheep in the eye he'd break
its neck.

I'm confused, how in the world could a person break a sheep's neck by
simply looking it in the eyes? Does this have something to do with a
high T/E ratio or with being a Mennonite or both? Please explain.

Thanks.
--
Marty

Old August 17th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Marty wrote:
Roger Houston wrote:

snip...

I wrote a letter in reply stating that Floyd doesn't have dog, he has a
sheep, and that if he were to try to look his sheep in the eye he'd break
its neck.

I'm confused, how in the world could a person break a sheep's neck by
simply looking it in the eyes? Does this have something to do with a
high T/E ratio or with being a Mennonite or both? Please explain.

Thanks.
--
Marty

Okay, dumbass... he's accusing him of bestiality.

Fred

p.s. if you were just being a smartass, I apologize for calling you a
dumbass

Old August 17th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Stu Fleming

Marty wrote:

I'm confused, how in the world could a person break a sheep's neck by
simply looking it in the eyes? Does this have something to do with a
high T/E ratio or with being a Mennonite or both? Please explain.

Any Australian can explain this one to you.
Hint: A pair of wellington boots might be required as well as the fur coat.

Shifty eyed Floyd offers 11th excuse on Leno Froid Landis Racing 6 August 9th 06 09:27 PM
I'm afraid that Floyd is guilty... Marty Racing 5 August 5th 06 11:16 AM
Coup de boulela Floyd Mesa Racing 1 July 28th 06 01:16 AM
Poor Floyd Scott Racing 26 July 1st 06 11:16 PM
Lance and Floyd psycholist Racing 49 May 5th 05 05:01 PM