Deer Creek Canyon ruthless 100 yards of rock garden

Old August 17th 06, 07:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
LIBERATOR

Default Deer Creek Canyon ruthless 100 yards of rock garden

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=9&photo=2102

This is a blast going down, I clear it no problem and at high speed.
He's going up the easy line, I go up and down the left of where he is.

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=9&photo=2103

This is also a point of the trail where you're at about 30MPH if you
don't brake. I drop down to 20MPH so I don't die.

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=9&photo=2104

Waterlogs and rock gardens after "the wall", this is mean stuff, "The
Wall" and thereafter is at least 100 yards of ruthless technical rocks,
waterlogs, and sharp turns. "The Wall" is the beginning of the mean
stuff, if you can clear that you should be ok on the rest but it does
not let up or stop, and if you don't brake you'll be hauling some ass
to put it mildly. As one guy said about "Mount Falcon" which is less
mean than this, you can't feel your hands at the end, they're numb due
to your "gripping for life" due to the vigorous jagged shaking of the
bike, you have to wait awhile to get the feeling back in your hands
once you're done. Good gloves are a necessity. I do it all without a
helmet!!

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=9&photo=2105

The start of "the wall" from looking up at it, and you can note the
rocks on the right side coming down the mountain, those rocks were part
of the trail, just as big, but they chiseled them away in the name of
"our safety", last year they were there and made it far more tough to
pick a line and manuever while out of necessity having to maintain high
speed. Government makes me sick (power fanatics), this is the first 10
yards of 100 of rock gardens & waterlogs and one switchback that is a
constant sequence, and quite a drug if you can handle it

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=9&photo=2106

Bottom half of DCC going up is technical, I actually divy up the trail
into 1/3rds, the very bottom up to "the wall" is extreme technical,
from there on up is light, and the very top is non-technical and very
scenic both Red Mesa Loop and Parmalee Gulch, but you gotta be techy
capable to get there to enjoy that treasure. This excludes Ride-A-Lot
unless he hires someone to fix him.

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=9&photo=2107

This 20 yard section is the end of a 100 yard section of severe rock
gardens that are constant and you have to maintain decent speed to
clear it. Deer Creek Canyon is under rated in my opinion, I feel it
should be black diamond for sure yet it was rated intermediate and
beginner

http://www.singletracks.com/trails/p...d=9&photo=2108

The beginning of "the wall" going up which is 100 yards if not more of
constant rock garden, I'd gladly teach Ride-A-Lot to clear this entire
trail in one day but he has to buy me a video camera. I'm a
professional motivational speaker and also psychological expert at
helping wussys like Ride-A-Lot progress forward in life. Ride-A-Lot is
pretending to be in another state but is in Colorado still obeying his
puppet master females whom have exploited his weaknesses and want to
preserve them so they can continue to use Ridey as a puppet. I want to
progress Ridey beyond this, all he has to do is buy me a video camera.

Old August 18th 06, 12:32 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
JD

BLABERATOR wrote:
snip the same tired rhetoric

You're right! I didn't see Ruth there.

JD

Old August 18th 06, 12:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
Marty

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...
BLABERATOR wrote: