Vino talking smack

Old July 2nd 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default Vino talking smack

What a dick. This from VeloNews about his return to cycling on July
24.

"This team was created for me and thanks to my efforts, Vinokourov
said. I have served my suspension and I do not see why I could not
return. If Bruyneel does not want me, it will be Bruyneel who is
leaving the team."

What a soap opera this is going to be.

Old July 2nd 09, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

RicodJour wrote:
What a dick. This from VeloNews about his return to cycling on July 24.

"This team was created for me and thanks to my efforts,” Vinokourov
said. “I have served my suspension and I do not see why I could not
return. If Bruyneel does not want me, it will be Bruyneel who is leaving
the team."

What a soap opera this is going to be.

One persons soap opera is anothers comedy.
Old July 2nd 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jul 2, 9:11*am, nmp wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
What a dick. This from VeloNews about his return to cycling on July 24.

"This team was created for me and thanks to my efforts, Vinokourov
said. I have served my suspension and I do not see why I could not
return. If Bruyneel does not want me, it will be Bruyneel who is leaving
the team."

What a soap opera this is going to be.

Well, yes. But is he wrong?

Would it be wrong for the ASO to boot Astana from next year's tour
after Vino puts the team back the way he liked it? Would you want to
ride for the team with that prospect? Mass defecftions are in order -
that was going to happen to some extent before, but now there will
probably only be a couple or three holdovers.

Vino wagging his dick at Bruyneel isn't doing anything to help the
situation. It's counterproductive and eventually Vino will come to
realize it and regret it.

Old July 2nd 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Rick[_10_]

On Jul 2, 8:50*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 2, 9:11*am, nmp wrote:

RicodJour wrote:
[...]

I don't see the Astana team even continuing with Vino in and Bruyneel
out.
Old July 2nd 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
P. Chisholm

On Jul 2, 6:40*am, RicodJour wrote:
What a dick. This from VeloNews about his return to cycling on July
24.

"This team was created for me and thanks to my efforts, Vinokourov
said. I have served my suspension and I do not see why I could not
return. If Bruyneel does not want me, it will be Bruyneel who is
leaving the team."

What a soap opera this is going to be.

Does Bruyneel own a horse?
Old July 2nd 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

RicodJour wrote:

Would it be wrong for the ASO to boot Astana from next year's tour
after Vino puts the team back the way he liked it?

Vino might not care. He's almost 36, he wasn't a great GC contender at
the tour before and the situation could hardly have improved. When he
comes back, one of the spring classics would be a more reasonable goal.
It's probably to his benefit to be banned from the tour; he'd avoid some
embarrassment that way.
Old July 2nd 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jul 2, 12:47*pm, Fred Fredburger
wrote:

Vino might not care. He's almost 36, he wasn't a great GC contender at
the tour before and the situation could hardly have improved. When he
comes back, one of the spring classics would be a more reasonable goal.
It's probably to his benefit to be banned from the tour; he'd avoid some
embarrassment that way.

dumbass,

he had elevated himself to contender status. he improved his TT, won a
GT (vuelta) and did podium in 2003. with basso, ullrich, armstrong
gone he was in the position to be a potential winner.
Old July 2nd 09, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Amit Ghosh wrote:
he had elevated himself

Heh.
Old July 2nd 09, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

On Jul 2, 1:16*pm, Ronko wrote:
In article a5ff1eea-439a-436b-94af-
,
says...

What a dick. This from VeloNews about his return to cycling on July
24.

"This team was created for me and thanks to my efforts,

Vinokourov
said. I have served my suspension and I do not see why I could not
return. If Bruyneel does not want me, it will be Bruyneel who is
leaving the team."

What a soap opera this is going to be.

Vino was always fun to watch, the guy would attack mercilessly. *Is
he a great GC contender? The jury is out. *I suspect a team actually
takes . . . teamwork. *Sounds like Vino is stirring up the pot a bit
too much already for Astana and it would not a be a good thing. *But
we have no way of knowing all the politically infighting. *Lance,
Alberto, Levi, Horner, Vino all on the same team working together?
Unbeatable.

I say ban Vino "the ****" for another year for talking like that.

Andre