Following the TdF Spain top as ever.

Old July 22nd 13, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

Default Following the TdF Spain top as ever.

Latest UCI points rankings by country.

2 Great Britain 964

Old July 22nd 13, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

On Monday, July 22, 2013 12:34:48 PM UTC-5, atriage wrote:
Latest UCI points rankings by country.

2 Great Britain 964

Does that include the Basque riders?
Old July 22nd 13, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

On 22/07/2013 20:32, Michael wrote:
On Monday, July 22, 2013 12:34:48 PM UTC-5, atriage wrote:
Latest UCI points rankings by country.

2 Great Britain 964

Does that include the Basque riders?

Yeah they're Spanish, just don't shout that too loud in a bar in
Vitoria-Gasteiz.
Old July 22nd 13, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:41:03 PM UTC-5, atriage wrote:
On 22/07/2013 20:32, Michael wrote:

On Monday, July 22, 2013 12:34:48 PM UTC-5, atriage wrote:

Latest UCI points rankings by country.

2 Great Britain 964

Does that include the Basque riders?

Yeah they're Spanish, just don't shout that too loud in a bar in

Vitoria-Gasteiz.

I take it UCI doesn't put them in a different category? They should.
Old July 22nd 13, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| Latest UCI points rankings by country.

| 2 Great Britain 964

Any idea of average points per rider ?

I just wonder if Spain doesn't have many more riders than other
countries.

--
Davey Crockett
Fly your Flag
Old July 22nd 13, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gergory Hall, Esq·

"Davey Crockett" wrote in message
atriage a écrit profondement:

| Latest UCI points rankings by country.

| 2 Great Britain 964

Slovakia and Belgium outranks the USA. I guess the USA, without doping, is
nothing.

Goes to show USA pros are WIMPS!

So sad.

--
Sir Gregory

Old July 22nd 13, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Michael a écrit profondement:

| I take it UCI doesn't put them in a different category? They should.

Right on. The Basques were a nation 30,000 years before the
Spanish were.

Old July 22nd 13, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

On 22/07/2013 21:52, Davey Crockett wrote:
atriage a écrit profondement:

| Latest UCI points rankings by country.

| 2 Great Britain 964

Any idea of average points per rider ?

I just wonder if Spain doesn't have many more riders than other
countries.

Loads more, fantastic riders are a dime a dozen in Spain, since the
crisis began it's tough getting into a Spanish team for the Spanish,
there's so much competition and fewer teams/races so they end up in
other nations teams. I'm in Almeria and cycling around in the mountains
round here I routinely get overtaken by riders who can get out of the
saddle and semi-sprint for a couple of miles up 8% gradients. There are
hundreds of riders out every day and at the week end you're in serious
danger of colliding with the packs of them that swarm all over the road.
There are signs every couple of miles warning car drivers that they are
on a "carretera frequentada por ciclistas". The roads are great too,
paradise really except that cycling up to Calar Alto through the
Desierto Almeriense yesterday my Garmin was showing 42 degrees with a
wind straight out of a blast furnace, serious tachycardia conditions if
you don't keep well hydrated.
Old July 23rd 13, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 7/22/2013 2:57 PM, Sir Gergory Hall, Esq· wrote:
Slovakia and Belgium outranks the USA. I guess the USA, without doping, is
nothing.

Goes to show USA pros are WIMPS!

So sad.

US pros are doping no less than anyone else. Remember, the team with
the strongest background in doping is Garmin.

cycling in spain [email protected] UK 36 November 15th 07 12:49 PM
unicyclists in spain cruisecontrol Unicycling 0 July 23rd 06 08:22 AM
Spain not looking good Andre Racing 3 June 17th 05 07:40 PM
Tour of Spain flyingdutch Australia 3 September 9th 04 05:02 AM
MTB Info: Spain Pipex Newsgroups-Text UK 3 March 8th 04 09:20 AM