BB's longevity

Old July 13th 05, 11:28 AM

Default BB's longevity

My shortest BB life was one year and longest was 4.5
years.

Old July 14th 05, 04:38 AM
Dan Lenski

Donald Gillies wrote:
I don't care how much you abused it if a bottom bracket lasts only 4
years with daily use then you got ripped off. In my opinion, a decent
bottom bracket should last at least a decade or 10,000 mi, whichever
comes first.

Probably true... this was not a great bike though. Additionally it was
stolen for a few months, and was somewhat damaged when I got it back
(by chasing down a bus carrying the thief+the bike on foot :-) Who
knows what they could have done to it...

Old July 15th 05, 04:05 AM
John Thompson

On 2005-07-13, wrote:

My shortest BB life was one year and longest was 4.5
years.

I'm still using a Campy Record BB I installed in 1981.

--

John )

Bikes With Short Top Tubes and High Front Ends - WAS:Interpreting Serotta Fit Cycle Data For Other Manufacturers? itsfred General 6 April 4th 05 10:28 PM
Bikes With Short Top Tubes and High Front Ends - WAS:Interpreting Serotta Fit Cycle Data For Other Manufacturers? Mike Jacoubowsky Techniques 4 April 4th 05 10:28 PM
Nexus longevity? Oldskoolskater UK 22 August 26th 04 04:22 PM
Do aluminum frames wear out? Chris Hansen General 172 April 29th 04 10:18 AM
saddle longevity Jean Techniques 4 November 3rd 03 08:56 PM