Can air pollution negate the health benefits of cycling and walking?

Old June 27th 16, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

Default Can air pollution negate the health benefits of cycling and walking?

Well worth a read! ( I wouldn't call this healthy -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD98q4MMh2g )

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...91743516000402
Old June 27th 16, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 27 June 2016 18:13:08 UTC+2, colwyn wrote:
Well worth a read! ( I wouldn't call this healthy -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD98q4MMh2g )

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...91743516000402

Drivers carry their own clean air supply - oh no, they suck it all in from the floor where it all collects.

This was my air supply.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...k_-_723222.jpg

Old June 27th 16, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 27/06/2016 17:29, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 27 June 2016 18:13:08 UTC+2, colwyn wrote:
Well worth a read! ( I wouldn't call this healthy -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD98q4MMh2g )

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...91743516000402

Drivers carry their own clean air supply - oh no, they suck it all in from the floor where it all collects.

This was my air supply.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...k_-_723222.jpg

Lovely:
Titanium Dioxide is made by Tioxide
UK and Laportes on the Humber bank. It
is used for paints, paper, plastics,
cosmetics and many other products as
well. The waste products from Tioxide
are solid ore which is unused ,
liquids containing sulphuric acid and
ferrous sulphate which are dumped into
the estuary. It affects our area
because when it is discharged into the
Humber it produces a plume of polluted
water which is 20 to 40 metres wide
and 1km long when tidal flows are at a
maximum. Evidence shows four main
parts of this discharge are acid,
ferrous compounds, suspended matter
and trace elements. One effect is red
staining of the river banks the effect
on the biology of the river is
debateable some experts claim that the
river is less polluted than many other
estuaries others disagree with this.

The Rivers Ouse and Trent contribute an average daily flow of 246 cumecs
to the Humber of which about 14 cumecs are sewage effluent and 12 cumecs
are trade effluent. A further 2.5 cumecs sewage and 3.1 cumecs trade
effluent are discharged directly into the Humber.

Cycling - health benefits Bod[_5_] UK 11 May 29th 16 05:06 PM
Sustrans leads calls for London mayor to use walking and cycling to fight air pollution Simon Mason UK 0 January 10th 12 04:39 PM
More evidence of the health benefits of cycling Señor Chris UK 1 February 26th 09 09:37 PM
Help! Are there health benefits to unicycling? Fazel Unicycling 42 January 11th 09 04:28 AM
Health benefits of riding. Bill Baka General 23 October 3rd 04 04:05 AM