Police in London attack critical mass

Old October 12th 05, 01:35 PM
davek

Default Police in London attack critical mass

Jim Price wrote:
2 US FOR rubbish:

As a trivial point of interest, did you know that historically, trash
referred specifically to "tree waste" (while garbage referred to "meat
waste").

d.

Old October 13th 05, 12:13 PM
Chris Malcolm

Andy Morris wrote:
Jim Ley wrote:
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 20:50:05 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"

can't find an actual figure, but I am pretty confident that the
number of prosecutions for entering or driving on the footway is
miniscule compared with the number of offences.

Of course not, because almost all the cases are cars going at most 5
mph into a parking space, something that really is not in the public
interest of spending thousands of pounds securing a conviction.

Round our way the ******* are driving on the pavement on thier way to park
on the pavment, frequently leaving no room for pedestrians, who then have to
walk on the road, that has been left nice and clear.

The pavement outside my house is rebuilt every few years to repair the
damage caused by cars which park with their wheels on it, or use it as
a handy detour when getting into a small parking gap on the road. It
only takes a month or two after each repair for the paving stones to
be cracked and tipped askew again. The problem is the pavement isn't
built to take the weight of a car, but nobody official can be bothered
stopping them doing it, or redesigning the pavement to take the abuse
they permit.

--
Chris Malcolm +44 (0)131 651 3445 DoD #205
[

Old October 13th 05, 12:26 PM
Jim Ley

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:13:17 +0000 (UTC), Chris Malcolm
wrote:

The pavement outside my house is rebuilt every few years to repair the
damage caused by cars which park with their wheels on it, or use it as
a handy detour when getting into a small parking gap on the road. It
only takes a month or two after each repair for the paving stones to
be cracked and tipped askew again. The problem is the pavement isn't
built to take the weight of a car, but nobody official can be bothered
stopping them doing it, or redesigning the pavement to take the abuse
they permit.

Round my way where that happens you tend to get a big post put in the
way preventing it.

Jim.
Old October 15th 05, 05:11 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

(Jim Ley) sd / msg
dtd Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:26:31
GMT:

Round my way where that happens you tend to get a big post put in the
way preventing it.

Ditto here. Which rather undermines the claim that drivers never use
the pavement...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk