Fashion/practicality dilemma

Old October 30th 05, 10:52 PM
harper

Default Fashion/practicality dilemma

My KH trials pedals have recently bought the farm. They were limping for
quite awhile before I gave up on them. My old Wellgo B-35 yellow pedals
on my Coker are ahout 3 or four years old and a bit bashed up. I put
those on the trials and the yellow doesn't match the black/orange KH
motif that well but tey're beat up and they work. I see that as a good
thing.

I put my last pair of Wellgo B-27 chrome pedals on my Coker because
they didn't fare well on the MUni. The pedals go nicely with the
standard Coker frame, Airfoil rim chrome/black theme. They looked good
on the red anodized MUni, too, but wouldn't stand up to the abuse I
gave them. I had intended to put them on BlueShift which has a blue
anodized frame. Instead, I have some blue Wellgo B-35 pedals on it,
which look OK but the blues don't match.

I recently bought three pairs of pedals from UDC. I have red (fire
engine red painted) Wellgo B-35 pedals which *-CLASH-* with the SH red
anodized MUni frame. I have some blue anodized Primo super tenderizers
which would work on BlueShift but then I would have blue painted Wellgo
B-35 pedals that don't go with anything in a -flashy- way. Finally, I
have some Snafu black painted concave pedals but the platforms only
carry four pins per side which seems weird to me.

What would you do? What would Martha Stewart do? I'm looking for a
*-GOOD-* thing.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Old October 30th 05, 11:01 PM
harper

trials_uni wrote:
give all your pedals to me!

Why didn't that occur to me? What's your address? Do you want me to
send some cash too? Maybe some brownies?

Old October 30th 05, 11:18 PM
forrestunifreak

I see your pain. I have the blue primo pedals on my red torker DX, and
it looks -silly.-

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)-Newly updated

Old October 30th 05, 11:22 PM
harper

forrestunifreak wrote:
I see your pain. I have the blue primo pedals on my red torker DX, and
it looks -silly.-

Ah. You don't -feel- my pain. Excellent. How do the Primos hold up to
crank and pedal grabs?

Old October 30th 05, 11:26 PM
UNIquelyCanadian

harper wrote:
Why didn't that occur to me? What's your address? Do you want me to send
some cash too? Maybe some brownies?

I will take them as long as you pay shipping! I'll give them a good
home and lots of attention!

More seriously, I'd just go with the Snafu pedals. You will get
comfortable with only four pins per side eventually. Four pins simply
dig further into your shoe then 8 pins, I'm not sure if there is
actually much more grip with 8 pins.

~Cameron

--
UNIquelyCanadian

"If you're looking for truth, don't search within yourself --You're the
one who's confused in the first place!"
- Frank Peretti
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

Old October 30th 05, 11:35 PM
harper

UNIquelyCanadian wrote:
I will take them as long as you pay shipping! I'll give them a good home
and lots of attention!

More seriously, I'd just go with the Snafu pedals. You will get
comfortable with only four pins per side eventually. Four pins simply
dig further into your shoe then 8 pins, I'm not sure if there is
actually much more grip with 8 pins.

~Cameron

My pedals crave lots of attention. I assumed that I would be paying the
shipping as well as consulting fees and bonuses. I would ask the same
question of the Snafu's: how do they hold up to crank and pedal grabs?

Old October 30th 05, 11:39 PM
tomblackwood

trials_uni wrote:
give all your pedals to me!

Let's think bigger...the pedals are not the problem, the unis are.

Since Blueshift is already mine, just return it please. Blue pedal
problem solved. Likewise, give me the red SH frame and I'll use it for
my Fireball buildup. Red pedal problem solved.

I'll let you keep the stock coker frame, then you'll have three sets of
pedals you can rotate on to suit your mood. Any color scheme goes well
with the stock coker frame, as you've already proven with your yellow
pedals.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

Old October 30th 05, 11:43 PM
harper

tomblackwood wrote:
Let's think bigger...the pedals are not the problem, the unis are.

Since Blueshift is already mine, just return it please. Blue pedal
problem solved. Likewise, give me the red SH frame and I'll use it for
my Fireball buildup. Red pedal problem solved.

I'll let you keep the stock coker frame, then you'll have three sets of
pedals you can rotate on to suit your mood. Any color scheme goes well
with the stock coker frame, as you've already proven with your yellow
pedals.

You always have the best ideas. I have loaded all my (your) unicycles
into my truck as well as all of my spare pedals, seatposts, saddles,
and tools. I've got $400 cash in my wallet. I'm on my way to Issaquah
now. Should I stop at the ATM for more cash first?

Old October 30th 05, 11:51 PM
James_Potter

harper wrote:
Why didn't that occur to me? What's your address? Do you want me to send
some cash too? Maybe some brownies?

...I'll take the brownies....

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

Old October 30th 05, 11:54 PM
KcTheAcy

harper wrote:
My pedals crave lots of attention. I assumed that I would be paying the
shipping as well as consulting fees and bonuses. I would ask the same
question of the Snafu's: how do they hold up to crank and pedal grabs?

The Primo's are much better for pedal grabs, this is because the pins
can not be striped out. The go into holes in the pedals and instead of
threads it has spline like things. I pedal grab everything with my
primos and dont worry about the pins. Do not use the snafus for pedal
grabs. My brother uses them and one pedal only has 3 pins left (out of
the 8 on each side) 6 of his pins have been striped out total. I use
the snafus for Muni because they are gripper in wetness and i don't
pedal grab with my muni.

--
KcTheAcy

¤-Kaycee
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

Fashion/practicality dilemma trials_uni Unicycling 0 October 30th 05 10:57 PM
A Sustrans dilemma Mike Causer UK 98 September 10th 05 06:55 PM
Fixed gear cog size dilemma Protag Hiro Techniques 8 July 4th 05 04:50 PM
Ken Papai dilemma - Found!! Steven Bornfeld Racing 5 August 4th 04 07:07 PM
ethical dilemma Australia 4 June 9th 04 02:30 AM