SHOW me your commute

Old April 18th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default SHOW me your commute

dgk wrote:
Well, it's the information age. There's a little bit of a learning
(google GMAP pedometer) curve but anyone can map their commute. Here's
mine:

http://tinyurl.com/b7tzg

Let's see yours.

Normal morning route in:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=129989

Normal route home is the reverse of the above.

"Hilly" route home:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=129930

Later,
Mark Muller

Old April 18th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

This is my usual route in

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=130011

Old April 18th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article ,
dgk wrote:

Well, it's the information age. There's a little bit of a learning
(google GMAP pedometer) curve but anyone can map their commute. Here's
mine:

http://tinyurl.com/b7tzg

Let's see yours.

much flatness, my commutes are via two rails-to-trails conversion MUPs, the
Fox River Trail and the Illinois Prairie Path.

in a hurry or rain/snow/ice (6.9 mi), about 70% on MUP:
http://tinyurl.com/a2b3p

In dry weather 98.5% MUP/non-public roads, (8.7 mi)
http://tinyurl.com/8meqf.

..max
Old April 18th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

dgk wrote:
Well, it's the information age. There's a little bit of a learning
(google GMAP pedometer) curve but anyone can map their commute. Here's
mine:

http://tinyurl.com/b7tzg

Let's see yours.

Do I get a prize for shortest commute? Note that the RR tracks
are actually a MUP now.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=130137

Scott
Old April 18th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Scott L" wrote in message

Do I get a prize for shortest commute? Note that the RR tracks
are actually a MUP now.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=130137

Maybe not for shortest commute but maybe something for living in a
cemetery?

Old April 18th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

recycled-one wrote:
"Scott L" wrote in message

Do I get a prize for shortest commute? Note that the RR tracks
are actually a MUP now.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=130137

Maybe not for shortest commute but maybe something for living in a
cemetery?

Yes, we have very quiet back yard neighbors I keep my
bike in the back yard near the fence.

Scott
Old April 18th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

dgk wrote:
Well, it's the information age. There's a little bit of a learning
(google GMAP pedometer) curve but anyone can map their commute. Here's
mine:

http://tinyurl.com/b7tzg

Let's see yours.

This is my normal route back and forth to work.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=130141

If I sneak out early[1], I take the south end of the lake for some variety.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=130178

Thursday or Friday I usually take the long way home.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=130205

[1] In the morning on the way to work or from work to home.

--
Dane Buson -
As a general rule of thumb, never trust anybody who's been in therapy
Old April 18th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Scott L wrote:
recycled-one wrote:
"Scott L" wrote in message

Do I get a prize for shortest commute? Note that the RR tracks
are actually a MUP now.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=130137

Maybe not for shortest commute but maybe something for living in a
cemetery?

Yes, we have very quiet back yard neighbors I keep my
bike in the back yard near the fence.

Having advertised that fact and your location, I hope you use a hefty
lock and your insurance is paid up.
Old April 18th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

shorter hillier: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=50511
longer flatter: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=130474

--
Alan Hoyle - - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.
Old April 19th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

My commute from Cupertino to Menlo Park:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=131294

There are variations -- I don't always take Middlefield Road, for
example, and I might continue on Oregon from Page Mill and turn onto
Bryant instead of doing the goofy exit from El Camino Real onto
University in Palo Alto. Sometimes I'll take Caltrain for the leg
between Mountain View and Palo Alto.

RFM
http://www.cyclelicio.us/

A Different Commute Every Day Josh Hassol General 3 April 1st 06 03:04 AM
What my bicyle commute looks like here in Texas Earl Bollinger General 4 March 29th 06 05:26 AM
Seriously Longer Commute dgk General 28 October 30th 05 04:22 AM
The Bike Show Danny Colyer UK 1 July 7th 05 10:24 PM
commute raingear recommendations? Steven Estergreen General 53 September 19th 04 02:10 AM