SHOW me your commute

Old April 19th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default SHOW me your commute

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 02:53:19 -0000, Richard B
wrote:

dgk wrote in news:tvn942l6k5vf2jv4r589blp3p1oljuntg0@
4ax.com:

Well, it's the information age. There's a little bit of a learning
(google GMAP pedometer) curve but anyone can map their commute. Here's
mine:

http://tinyurl.com/b7tzg

Let's see yours.

Greetings from sunny Southern California.

My ride to work...
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=131627

My ride home...
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=131641

Rich

El Monte! Legion Stadium? I just know it from a Zappa/Turtles song.
Old April 19th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"dgk" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:30:48 -0500, "Earl Bollinger"
wrote:

"Earl Bollinger" wrote in message

Why not take Ridgedale? It looks like it might save a good 20 feet.

Unfortunately they dug a big hole there for some kind of a permanent
construction project.

Old April 19th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

I think I win
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=132680.

Old April 19th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

__________
|_________|
Old April 20th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:54:05 -0400, dgk wrote:

Well, it's the information age. There's a little bit of a learning
(google GMAP pedometer) curve but anyone can map their commute. Here's
mine:

http://tinyurl.com/b7tzg

Let's see yours.

Here's my one-way commute to college. I return the same way:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=134238
--

----------------
No SPAM, please.
Old April 20th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 19 Apr 2006 09:00:41 -0700, "Alan" wrote:

I think I win
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=132680.

Oh my. At least you don't have too far to walk if you break a pedal or
something. Are there any bike shops on the route just in case?
Old April 20th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:46:12 -0700, AJ Jones
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:54:05 -0400, dgk wrote:

Well, it's the information age. There's a little bit of a learning
(google GMAP pedometer) curve but anyone can map their commute. Here's
mine:

http://tinyurl.com/b7tzg

Let's see yours.

Here's my one-way commute to college. I return the same way:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=134238

8.5 miles. Just about the perfect commute I would think. Plenty of
time to relax and enjoy and not have to go fast to get there on time..
Old April 21st 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

no, I win
notice, since I work at home, the start and finish are the same spot (66th
Street) and I have no problem taking a shower before work
the 7 mile loop in central park is the nicest commute imaginable
Jeff

Old April 22nd 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

dgk wrote:
Well, it's the information age. There's a little bit of a learning
(google GMAP pedometer) curve but anyone can map their commute. Here's
mine:

So why do different maps show up oddly? Some are interactive, some just seem
to be bit maps if you zoom in or out. I tried to scroll on Dane's map, and
the next view was of the USA.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old April 26th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Claire Petersky wrote:
dgk wrote:
Well, it's the information age. There's a little bit of a learning
(google GMAP pedometer) curve but anyone can map their commute. Here's
mine:

So why do different maps show up oddly? Some are interactive, some just seem
to be bit maps if you zoom in or out. I tried to scroll on Dane's map, and
the next view was of the USA.

Wierd. I think that the pedometer site sometimes is just overloaded
with traffic and hence behaves oddly.

--
Dane Buson -
"Ordinarily he is insane. But he has lucid moments when he is only

A Different Commute Every Day Josh Hassol General 3 April 1st 06 03:04 AM
What my bicyle commute looks like here in Texas Earl Bollinger General 4 March 29th 06 05:26 AM
Seriously Longer Commute dgk General 28 October 30th 05 04:22 AM
The Bike Show Danny Colyer UK 1 July 7th 05 10:24 PM
commute raingear recommendations? Steven Estergreen General 53 September 19th 04 02:10 AM