Best Shortwave Antenna for Cycling ?

Old March 30th 04, 12:29 AM
ex_cathedra

Default Best Shortwave Antenna for Cycling ?

It's yer bike !
Believe it or not.
I had this junky transistor styled shortwave radio
that hardly picked up any stations.

I also had a hard time picking up even FM in some places out here due
to the terrain.
One bike radio(am/fm/headlight) I tried had a wire coming out from
it.
And when it got near the bike,the radio went dead.
So for FM your bike is a signal killer.

So just goofing around today I clipped a wire to my bike....(to the
reflector bracket) and this shortwave radio worked GREAT!

I rode around to all the places I had problems with FM even.
And the shortwave stations were really loud and clear.

I'm just sayin....
Whooda thunk a bike is a perfect shortwave antenna?

Thank God I don't have to listen to Clearchannel anymore !