Polka Dot Jersey

Old November 5th 04, 02:56 PM
Brub

Default Polka Dot Jersey

Looking for a source of a 'king of the mountain' type polka dot bike jersey.

FWIW: Earlier this year my wife clobbered me on a sprint up a long steep
hill. She's been jabbing me about it now for months. I thought I give her
the jersey for xmas.

Any suggestions on possible places that might have them appreciated.

Cheers Bob

Old November 5th 04, 03:08 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:56:03 -0500, Brub wrote:
Looking for a source of a 'king of the mountain' type polka dot bike jersey.

http://store.trekbikes.com/shopping/...roduct_id=5044
http://www.madeinsport.com/fr/descPr...idPtn=letou r
and at Nike stores.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old November 5th 04, 05:00 PM
Chris

" Brub" wrote in message
Looking for a source of a 'king of the mountain' type polka dot bike

jersey.

FWIW: Earlier this year my wife clobbered me on a sprint up a long steep
hill. She's been jabbing me about it now for months. I thought I give

her
the jersey for xmas.

Any suggestions on possible places that might have them appreciated.

Cheers Bob

They are available at lots of mail order shops, but look out for
"commemorative" versions that are replicas (or an attempt anyway" of
specific riders in specific Tours (with their team info also on the jersey).
Way back when, I can recall some folks coming up with plain KOM jerseys but
I rarely see them without Virenque or some other rider on it. Then again I
am not looking carefully. Look carefully (or ask) if this matters to you.

Old November 5th 04, 11:13 PM
Terry Morse

Chris wrote:

They are available at lots of mail order shops, but look out for
"commemorative" versions that are replicas (or an attempt anyway" of
specific riders in specific Tours (with their team info also on the jersey).
Way back when, I can recall some folks coming up with plain KOM jerseys but
I rarely see them without Virenque or some other rider on it.

Here's the official "maillot pois", with only the TdF and Champion
logos:

http://tinyurl.com/66d7q

Note there's an overseas shipping charge for USA delivery.

Trek and Nike both sell the official jersey, but the Trek site shows
them out of stock:

http://tinyurl.com/4pejs

They are sold by Trek dealers. You might try calling around to see
if any of your LBSs still have them.

Old November 6th 04, 01:16 AM
Chris

"Terry Morse" wrote in message
Chris wrote:

They are available at lots of mail order shops, but look out for
"commemorative" versions that are replicas (or an attempt anyway" of
specific riders in specific Tours (with their team info also on the

jersey).
Way back when, I can recall some folks coming up with plain KOM jerseys

but
I rarely see them without Virenque or some other rider on it.

Here's the official "maillot pois", with only the TdF and Champion
logos:

http://tinyurl.com/66d7q

Note there's an overseas shipping charge for USA delivery.

Trek and Nike both sell the official jersey, but the Trek site shows
them out of stock:

How could I overlook that!? I had forgotten that Nike now is the jersey
provider for ASO events and therefore is very likely to have all of the
jerseys without any individualized markings (though I doubt the yellow
jersey is and I hope I am wrong).

http://tinyurl.com/4pejs

They are sold by Trek dealers. You might try calling around to see
if any of your LBSs still have them.

Good catch Terry, thanks.

Old November 7th 04, 05:16 AM
Tom Arsenault

Chris wrote:

[...]

Dude man,

Why did you let your wife beat you up the hill? That's just silly,
and there's really no good reason for it.

Tom
Old November 8th 04, 01:33 AM
Karen M.

Chris wrote:
How could I overlook that!? I had forgotten that Nike now is the jersey
provider for ASO events and therefore is very likely to have all of the
jerseys without any individualized markings (though I doubt the yellow
jersey is and I hope I am wrong).

If you get stuck by back-ordered shirts, try a thrift shop. I found
a cotton button-up-the-front shirt, white with huge red dots, and it
was all of maybe $1.50. (This assumes that your "fast woman"
recognizes and will appreciate the significance of the polka dot
jersey. I had people who should understand it ask all kinds of crazy
questions about my yellow jersey lawn display...)

--Karen M.
ready for the next TdF party