Start with out help?

Old October 1st 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bouncybuddha

Default Start with out help?

Ok so i am new and i am getting better at just riding but i want to
start to ride with out haveing to get my balance on something how do i
do that? I have seen on videos of people hopping to keep balance i think
should i do that or do i need to just keep trying and it will justy come
to me?

--
Bouncybuddha
Old October 1st 08, 06:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SHAY_CAM

Just don't think about it. If your start leaning in a direction and are
(or you think you are) going to fall turn that way to compensate. To
free mount just stick the uni in front of you and put your foot on the
pedal. Put a little bit of pressure (almost as if you were stepping on
top of a traffic cone and didn't want to crush it).

Hope that helps somewhat.

--
SHAY_CAM

I do not support any canidates in the election.
Obama is a lier.
MCcain in a nazi.
Old October 1st 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

Mounting without anything to hold on to is called freemounting. Do a
search for threads with "freemount" in the title and you will find loads
of tips.

Kurt

--
zogola

When Did You Start? brendonv Unicycling 34 October 24th 07 10:30 PM
how did you start? unijesse Unicycling 20 January 3rd 06 09:19 PM
start off right! yesiree Techniques 0 January 2nd 06 08:27 PM
Where to start??? alison_b Australia 1 September 23rd 05 02:22 PM
where to start dkahn400 UK 4 September 20th 05 01:40 PM